gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:10:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 425
Total: 425

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MEET & GREET: THROUGH THE EYES OF RAINEY AIKEN  (Read 9942 times)
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« on: August 12, 2005, 06:08:44 AM »

ON TUESDAY, AUGUST 2ND I FOUND OUT I HAD WON A MEET AND GREET THROUGH A FRIEND AT MUSIKFEST THAT I HAD NEVER REALLY MET BUT JUST THROUGH EMAILS AND PHONE CALLS.  I JUST ABOUT HAD A HEART ATTACK.  WE HAD ALREADY GOTTEN FRONT ROW SEATS FROM THIS FRIEND FOR MYSELF, JUDEE, LINDA AND TAMMY BUT WHEN THIS NEWS CAME I COULDN'T BELIEVE.  THE SAD PART OF COURSE WAS IT COULD ONLY BE MYSELF WITH ONE FRIEND.  AS EVERYONE KNOWS I PICKED MY FRIEND OF OVER 15 YEARS LINDA.  UNTIL I WAS IN LINE I JUST WOULDN'T BELIEVE IT.

WELL THE DAY FINALLY CAME AND AS A QUICK RECAP THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED.

LINDA AND I WERE ACTUALLY DRIVEN WITH THIS FRIEND INTO THE VENUE WHERE WE MET A MUSIKFEST COORDINATOR FOR A MEET AND GREET EXPLAINED TO US WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.  THERE WAS A DIFFERENCE WITH THIS MEET AND GREET BECAUSE IT WOULD ONLY INCLUDE A GROUP PICTURE AND NO AUTOGRAPHS BUT HECK SOME PEOPLE NEVER WILL EVER GET TO MEET HIM UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL.

WE WERE WAITNG IN LINE AND THIS FRIEND FROM MUSIKFEST STAYED WITH ME AND WANTED TO WAIT UNTIL I CAME OUT.  I REALLY THINK SHE THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO PASS OUT.  TRUST ME I WAS LOSING IT.  WE FINALLY WALKED INTO THE AREA BEHIND THE BUSES WHERE HIS SECURITY GUARD (THE MEAN ONE) EXPLAINED THAT CLAY WOULD BE COMING OUT SHORTLY, WHAT HE WOULD BE DOING AND AGAIN NO AUTOGRAPHS.

IT WAS SO HOT WAITING AND SEEMED SO LONG BEFORE CLAY CAME AROUND THE CORNER AND SAID "HELLO FOLKS.  HOW IS EVERYONE."  OH MY GOD HE HAD ON BROWN SHORTS WITH A BROWN T -SHIRT AND OF COURSE SANDLES.  HIS HAIR WAS REDDISH BLONDE.   NO MAKE-UP ON AND I COULD SEE THOSE GORGEOUS FRECKLES.  HE IMMEDIATELY STARTED AT ONE END AND ASKED EVERYONE THEIR NAME AND REPEATED OUR NAMES AFTER SHAKING EACH ONES HANDS.  WHEN HE SHOOK MY HAND AND SAID "HELLO LORRAINE" I JUST ABOUT WANTED TO DROP DEAD.  THE HANDSHAKE THAT I WILL NEVER FORGET.   I HAD TWO LITTLE GIRLS IN FRONT OF ME AND HE BENT DOWN BETWEEN THEM LEAVING LINDA AND I RIGHT IN BACK OF HIM.  WELL IMMEDIATELY I PUT MY HAND ON HIS HAIRY ARM (LOOKING AT THE BODY GUARD FOR HIS REACTION) THEN I MOVED IT TO HIS SHOULDER.  GOD I COULD FEEL THAT STRONG BODY.  I LOOKED RIGHT AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD AND HIS HAIR IS SO THICK AND BEAUTIFUL.  LIKE I SAID IT WAS REDDISH WITH BLOND HIGHLIGHTS.  I WANTED TO PUT MY FINGERS THROUGH IT.  LINDA THEN JOINED ME AND PUT HER HAND ON HIS SHOULDER AS WELL.  THEN THE PHOTOGRAPHER TOOK (3) PICTURES AND THE WHOLE TIME MY HAND STAYED ON MY HONEYS SHOULDER.  WHEN THE PICTURES WERE OVER HE STOOD UP IN FRONT OF ME AND HE ASKED WHERE EVERYONE WAS FROM.  I SAID CT. AND HE SAID HOW FAR IS THAT.  I SAID ABOUT 3-4 HOURS BUT I WAS IN N.C. LAST FRIDAY TO SEE YOU.  HE SAID "YOU WERE" IN A VERY BUBBLY WAY AND I SAID I SURE WAS.  THE WHOLE TIME HE WAS LOOKING INTO MY EYES.  GOD AS EVERYONE HAS TOLD US THEY ARE GORGEOUS AND THEY SPARKLE AND LIKE FRANKIE SAID NOT ONLY DO THEY SPARKLE BUT YOU CAN LOOK RIGHT INTO HIS HEART.  THEN HE SAID "WELL FOLKS ENJOY THE CONCERT."  HE LEFT AND I JUST ABOUT HELD IT TOGETHER AND WANTED TO SAY DON'T GO AWAY CLAY.  I HAD TO REFOCUS AND WALKED OUT FROM THE BACK OF THE BUS MEETING MY FRIENDS ALONG WITH THE LADY THAT MADE THIS ALL POSSIBLE. 

THEY ARE GOING TO EMAIL ME THE GROUP PICTURE AND AS SOON AS I GET IT I WILL TRY TO POST IT HERE. 

I WOKE UP THIS MORNING TRYING TO FOCUS BACK INTO REAL LIFE.  I CAN ONLY THANK GOD, THE PRAYERS OF FRANKIE AND MY MISS JULIE THAT THIS HAPPENED TO ME AND MY FRIEND LINDA.  NO WE DIDN'T GET AN AUTOGRAPH OR A PICTURE ALONE WITH CLAY BUT I GOT TO TALK WITH HIM ONLY TWO FEET IN FRONT OF ME, LOOK INTO THOSE GORGEOUS EYES AND SHAKE THAT HAND WHICH COVERED MY WHOLE HAND.  MY DREAM OF A LIFETIME HAS FINALLY COME TRUE.  SOMETHING THAT I WILL NEVER EVER FORGET.  I THOUGHT HE WAS GORGEOUS BEFORE, WELL HE IS BEYOND GORGEOUS.  INSIDE AND OUT. 

HUGS
RAINEY AIKEN
LiftClayUp
Claymaniac

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 06:28:51 AM »

Thank you so much for sharing Lorraine.  This is a time you will remember forever.  I am so happy for you. Clapping

And thank you for being gentle with him

Linda was so smart to stand behind you this time.

Carol

Clay is our gift from GOD!!!!!
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 06:45:25 AM »

Thanks Lorraine for sharing your story!!

I have been dying to hear all about your adventure!! Wink

I am definitely going to want to hear the full story in person in December!!! 

Oh wait--can a lowly, "I have never met Clay" person still come to your house???!!!  ROFLMAO

I am sooo, sooo happy for you!!

Huggles Deanna  Huggles

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 07:04:29 AM »

LORRAINE, I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF HEARING OR READING YOUR ENCOUNTER WITH "OUR CLAY"
I HOPE THIS FEELING STAYS WITH YOU FOREVER.
I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU HAD THIS EXPERIENCE.

LOVE YA,
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 07:18:29 AM »

Lorraine, this is so wonderful.   Lucky you!!!!  Was great to meet you at the Cary show.

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 07:51:28 AM »

Lorraine, I know how much this meant to you, and I'm very happy it all worked out and you got to meet your favorite guy!

Thanks for telling us about it, and be sure and share that picture when you get it!

Purple Banana
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 08:28:30 AM »

Lorraine! As I've alredy told you - I am so proud of you - you held it all together, and you and "Our Honey" made it through your meeting just fine!  Clapping  And you didn't even need bail money!  Purple Banana

You will have this experience forever - due to tight security, not many people get to actually touch him - he is not even shaking hands at the Fan Club meet and greets, so you meeting was very special - Congratulations to you and to Linda! - I can't wait to see your picture! 

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
clays#1fan
UltimateFan

Clay's Speedracer

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 08:33:50 AM »

Lorraine I am so happy for you!!  Purple Banana Thanks for sharing your story and cant wait to see the pic!!

Joyce wave
Clay makes me happier than a kitten chasing a leaky cow!  
I love Clay more today, but not as much as tomorrow!
www.myspace.com/joyce1010
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 04:03:30 PM »

Lorraine, I'm so glad that this all worked out for you!  I know how much it meant to you.  Can't wait to see the picture!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 04:08:44 PM »

Lorraine - you done us proud girl!!   ROFLMAO  I'm not sure I could have held it together like that!  I am so happy for you and it just brings tears to my eyes to read your reaction to meeting Clay.  I can't wait to see the picture!!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2005, 04:14:57 PM »

THANK YOU EVERYONE.  I LOOK BACK TODAY AND ALL I CAN SAY IS I WAS ONE LUCKY PERSON AND I CAN ONLY HOPE THAT IN THE DAYS AND MONTHS AND EVEN YEARS TO COME EVERYONE GETS TO MEET OUR CLAY JUST ONCE IN THEIR LIFES.

HUGS
RAINEY AIKEN
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2005, 04:24:07 PM »

Lorraine,

This was a wonderful summary of your meeting with Clay.

I am so happy that this happened for you.  I've always thought if anyone should meet Clay, it should be you.  I don't think anyone is as devoted and totally a fan as you have consistently been.

I know that you will always remember this special time, and I'm glad you got to share it with your long time friend, Linda.

Love,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2005, 04:49:31 PM »

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Lorraine. I'm so glad it worked out for you, and I can't wait to see that pic!  Wink

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2005, 04:53:16 PM »

PRISSY - MY NEXT WISH WILL BE THAT EVERY CLAYMANIAC GETS TO MEET OUR CLAY AND BE ABLE TO LOOK INTO THOSE EYES.  I KNOW THAT HE WILL BE AROUND FOR A VERY LONG TIME SO THAT WILL GIVE EVERYONE A CHANCE.

SUNDANCER - IT WAS SO GOOD SPENDING TIME WITH YOU IN N.C.  IT SEEMS SO LONG AGO AND ACTUALLY IT WAS A WEEK AGO TONIGHT.  WE WERE JUST GETTING READY FOR CLAY TO COME ON STAGE.  I WILL POST THE PIC AS SOON AS MUSIKFEST EMAILS IT TO ME.  THEY SAID IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS.
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2005, 04:55:10 PM »

LORI- THANKS.  I COULDN'T BELIEVE THAT ONCE HE WAS IN FRONT OF ME THIS CALMNESS CAME OVER ME AND I REALLY TRIED TO SHOW HIM THAT WE MAY BE CRAZY IN LOVE FOR HIM BUT ALSO CAN BE SOMEWHAT PROFESSIONAL AT THE SAME TIME.
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2005, 05:17:50 AM »

LORRAINE
THANKS FOR YOUR WONDERFUL RECAP.. NOTHING LIKE SEEING OUR MAN UP CLOSE.. I WISH I WASN'T AS NERVOUS TO STARE INTO  HIS FACE THE WHOLE TIME.. 

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2005, 07:49:02 AM »

Yes, I had the wonderful opportunity to meet this wonderful and gorgeous man with Lorraine.  I can't thank her enough.  The is one time when I was glad to be the older one because our relationship is going on 16 yrs. old now.  I was very fortunate to be chosen this time!!!  I posted my review on the OCD, but everything Lorraine said was absolutely true.  He is 26, but if the president walked out to greet us, I know I wouldn't have been even half as excited.  He does things to me that I can't even explain anymore.  "Out of body" experience, like some of feel, is the best feeling I can describe.  It was a once in a lifetime opportunity that I will probably never get again, but thank the lord, and I really think "Julie" too, for having this one face to face meeting with Clay.  I am forever thankful.  Lorraine, one of your dreams came true and I was truly lucky to be part of it.

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2005, 09:32:11 AM »

LOOKING BACK AT IT NOW THE ONLY THING I FORGOT TO DO WAS SMELL MY HONEY BUT I WAS SO ENGROSSED IN THOSE EYES AND THE FEEL OF THAT HANDSHAKE AND CARRYING ON A CONVERSATION WITH HIM THAT I FORGOT TO SEE IF HE HAD THAT NICE CLEAN SMELL.  BUT IT WAS SO HOT THAT HOPEFULLY I SMELLED O.K. NEVER MIND HIM.  I HAD THE  BURBERRY TOUCH COLOGNE ON SO MAYBE THAT IS WHY HE MADE CONVERSATION. Laughing Laughing Laughing YEA RIGHT????
Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

Brett and Clay's Lil Freshman College TCC Girl!!!

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2005, 10:50:18 AM »

WOW LORRAINE,
I WISH THAT HAPPENED 2 ME LOL OMG IF BRETT WAZ THERE I WILL FAINT TWICE LOL..WELL IM GLAD U HAD FUN!!!

UR GOOD TIME FRIEND

CLAYER

KAT.

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
In loving memory of Debi <3
Got Clayed on 7/7/07 in Tulsa
TCC Class of '12
Be Smart and be ABOVE THE INFLUENCE and NOT UNDER
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2005, 05:57:20 AM »

KAT - ALL I CAN SAY IS I HOPE EVERYONE GETS A CHANCE TO MEET CLAYS THAT CLOSE.  I AM SURE HE WILL BE AROUND FOR QUITE A FEW YEARS YET.

HUGS
RAINEY AIKEN
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx