gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:59:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 468
Total: 468

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK AUG 11  (Read 3451 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: August 11, 2005, 01:57:22 AM »

wave Good Morning, everyone!! wave

Fans vote with their tickets for `American Idols Live' tour

By Joshua Klein
Special to the Tribune
Published August 10, 2005

Still going strong after four seasons, "American Idol" poses a curious contradiction. The show seems to support the theory that with just a few cover songs and millions of phoned-in snap judgments, stars ripe for the picking can be plucked from obscurity, given a mass platform and immediately ingratiated into the hearts of America.

But if it were really that easy, how come the producers of "American Idol" and their industry partners have had such a hard time consistently pulling it off?

Making household names of the various singers on the show turned out to be pretty simple, but that only proves the power of TV as a promotional medium. As for making their newly minted hit makers successful, the show's track record has been less than stellar. Of the 20-odd CDs released by past "American Idol" participants, only six have gone platinum, and four of those were from Clay Aiken and Kelly Clarkson.
CHICAGOTRIBUNE

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 02:14:56 AM »

From the Idol Habit:

Monday night found me sitting in a tropical downpour at the fabled Wolf-Trap National Park for the Performing Arts in Vienna, Virginia.

The occasion? One Mr. Clay Aiken and his Jukebox Tour.

Having only been able to score lawn tix the traditional way, the day of the show I rang up the friendly dude at the box office and inquired, in a friendly way, about the possibility of upgrading.

His heinous laugh was deafening.

Read the rest at American Idol: Clay Aiken and The Mystery of Credible Pop Radio

edited to add teaser because it was funny!

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 02:16:20 AM »

From Incense and Spices:

TOO COOL FOR CLAY

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 02:19:51 AM »

Clay Aiken To Perform At Meadow Brook Music Festival Friday, August 12

Pop sensation Clay Aiken will perform at Meadow Brook Music Festival on Friday, August 12 at 8 p.m.

Tickets at $46.50 pavilion and $23 lawn on sale now at Palacenet.com, The Palace Box Office and all Ticketmaster centers.   

Tickets may be charged by phone to American Express, Discover, Visa and MasterCard by calling 248/645-6666.

Clay Aiken began singing at local high school dances by age five in his hometown of Raleigh, North Carolina. He was a member of the Raleigh Boys Choir and participated in various local theater productions and stage plays.

Music wasn’t in his initial plans as he studied special education at UNC Charlotte and had dreams of attending William & Mary for a master’s degree in administration. Aiken’s plans changed when a friend urged him to try out for the television talent contest, American Idol.

The show attracted 21 million television viewers each week, and Aiken’s rendition of Simon & Garfunkel’s “Bridge Over Troubled Waters” was a particular highlight that boosted his popularity in the viewer-voting competition. He placed second in the competition to winner Ruben Stoddard.

Due to his American Idol fame, Aiken was signed to a recording contract and his debut single, “This Is the Night,” made history by going number one on Billboard’s Hot 100 singles chart. It sold more than 392,000 copies during its first week, beating Elton John’s record for “Candle in the Wind 1997.”

In 2003, Aiken released his debut full-length studio album entitled Measure of a Man, which reached number one on Billboard’s 200 Top-Selling Albums chart during the first week of its release. The album featured the hit single, “Invisible,” which reached number 14 on the Billboard Mainstream Top 40. Aiken followed in 2004 with the Christmas album, Merry Christmas With Love, containing new Christmas-inspired songs as well as Aiken’s renditions of holiday classics. The album peaked at number four on Billboard’s 200 Top-Selling Albums chart.

PALACENET.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 02:29:55 AM »

All My Children's Fan Blog:

Clay Aiken Guests on AMC
Clay Aiken, former American Idol finalist, while on a 25-city U.S. tour, will appear on All My Children as himself being interviewed by Erica Kane (Susan Lucci). Clay will be a guest on Erica's new talk show, New Beginnings. The interview is slated to air on September 14, 2005.
ALLMYCHILDREN.ABOUT.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 03:05:14 AM »

Hey M.B.!  Have a good one.

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 06:03:09 AM »

Aiken Leaves Crowd Aching For More

Thursday, August 11, 2005
By SUSAN KALAN
The Express-Times

At Musikfest's RiverPlace stage Wednesday night, "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken reached back to last year's hit performance for songs to open this year's concert. They were songs from his double platinum album, ''Measure of a Man."

This year Aiken put the platinum numbers at the end of the show before an audience that numbered 4,800 -- 1,700 fewer than in 2004.

On Wednesday, 8-year-old fan Emily Liros, of Bethlehem, gave her opinion of Aiken, and it might not have had anything to do with music.

"He's hot!" Liros said.

Read the rest at NJ.COM
sjlogghe
SuperFan

Clay's Geography Tutor

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 06:19:33 AM »

Good morning!  wave

Thanks for the news!!  This anticipation is killing me, reading all these reviews . . . only 36 hours until i'll being seeing His Royal Hotness LIVE and in person!!!   Purple Banana

Have a great day everyone!!!

Faith is the substance of all things hoped for . . .
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 06:50:03 AM »

Good morning!  wave

Thanks for the news!!  This anticipation is killing me, reading all these reviews . . . only 36 hours until i'll being seeing His Royal Hotness LIVE and in person!!!   Purple Banana

Have a great day everyone!!!

Me too, me too Sarah !!! see ya soon!!!

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
ILClaymate
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 06:56:37 AM »

Here's a great interview with Quiana.

Anyone who has attended a Clay Aiken concert can't help but notice vivacious backup singer Quiana Parler. Her bubbly personality and radiant smile light up the stage, but it's her soul-stirring vocals that bring the audience to its feet each night.

CNN caught up with Quiana recently as rehearsals began for the Jukebox tour, and she generously answered a few of our questions about herself and her music as well as her work and her friendship with Clay.

ClayNationNews

*ETA:  Nice Avie Deanna!!    I KNEW you would like that pic!

edited to add teaser!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2005, 07:44:01 AM »

New York Times article about the unraveling of The Firm, Clay's former management company.

Departures Cool Off Agency's Hot Start
By JEFF LEEDS and JAMES ULMER
Published: August 11, 2005

LOS ANGELES, Aug. 10 - Three years ago Hollywood was asking whether Jeff Kwatinetz and his talent management company, the Firm, had set themselves on the road to empire. Lately the question has been: are they marching in circles?

Over the last year the Firm, based in Beverly Hills, has seen a string of senior executives depart to strike out on their own or join the ranks of rivals. <snip>

Last month JoAnne Colonna, a manager of the company's film talent department, left for a job at rival Brillstein-Grey Entertainment, taking with her a list of clients that includes Anna Paquin, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Brittany Murphy and Brendan Fraser. Only weeks before, her co-manager, Aleen Keshishian, had also left for Brillstein-Grey, along with the clients Natalie Portman, Orlando Bloom, Laura Linney and Freddie Prinze Jr.

Those moves followed the departures of the co-managers of the music department. In April Simon Renshaw left and took with him the Dixie Chicks, Clay Aiken and Anastacia; in May Andy Gould left with Rob Zombie. Gayle Boulware, who started as an assistant to Mr. Kwatinetz in the early days of the Firm and rose to become a manager herself, left to join Mr. Renshaw's new venture.

Read the rest at NEW YORK TIMES (registration required)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 07:59:44 AM »

REGENCY PARK CARY NC

Clay-mazing show for faithful fans

By WENDY LEMUS, STAFF WRITER
August 11, 2005

Friends Jackie MacFarlane and Katie Canning came a long way to see Clay Aiken's sold-out show at the Koka Booth Amphitheatre at Regency Park on Friday night.

So, with general admission tickets in hand, they weren't going to risk sitting on the far reaches of the lawn. The New Jerseyian and Canadian, respectively, were the second and third people to arrive at the gate — at about 10 a.m. — a full 10 hours before the concert.

The friends met through a chat room devoted to their mutual idol, and decided to follow the Raleigh singer's Jukebox Summer Tour — from New Jersey, to New York City, then to Darien Lake, N.Y., and Cary.

"It's like a reunion," said Canning, 18.

Albeit a hot and sticky one. Concertgoers who lined up early for the 8 p.m. show endured sun, humidity and temperatures in the 90s. Some held umbrellas, or waved fans bearing the idol's picture on them, to keep cool.

When the gates opened at 6 p.m., some 7,000 ticketholders streamed into the amphitheater. (The final few tickets were sold a couple hours before showtime.)

Many fans wore signs proclaiming their fan status — T-shirts reading "Jukebox Summer Tour," "Clay Aiken Official Fan Club Member," "Ultimate Claymate" and even "The Future Mrs. Aiken."

Read the rest at ©CARY NEWS

You can thank Wendy Lemus for this nice review at wlemus@nando.com
claysjoy
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005, 08:57:01 AM »

WOW!  I read that whole article with Quiana!  I am so impressed.  I love those guys!  It is so good to know Clay is surounded by people who love him, and appreciate him.  That made my day!  Thanks Clandy!
Clay and his circle never have and never will cease to amaze me.  What an incredible group.
I am so ready to see him in Indy, Rain or Shine!
ILClaymate
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005, 09:47:57 AM »

Aiken takes 'Jukebox' out on the road

It's been three years since Clay Aiken captured the hearts and
minds of American women as the runner-up (to Ruben Studdard) on the second season of "American Idol."

Journal music writer Doug Pullen, who interviewed him last year, caught up with Aiken for a 10-minute telephone interview in advance of his "Jukebox" tour, coming Friday to the Meadow Brook Music Festival and Saturday to the Clio Area Amphitheater. 

Q: How did you come up with the "Jukebox" concept for this tour?

A: It actually came about because I couldn't do the same show over and over. I was up in the Flint area last year for a show in Clio and found out I would be again this year. When you have the opportunity to go back to the same venue - a number of other venues asked us to come back and do it again - we couldn't come back and do the same show. I have one album, really, so what are you gonna do, sing the songs backward? 

To read the rest of the interview, click below.

FLINT JOURNAL
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2005, 04:14:31 PM »

Thanks for always keeping us up to date on the news!!

Deanna, I LOVE your new avie!   Wink

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
CLAYMATEFL
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2005, 04:37:19 PM »

Great interview with Quiana.  I think she's close to becoming a star in her own right!  Thanks for the news.
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2005, 07:04:25 PM »

HELLO I WANT TO THANK YOU AGAIN FOR KEEPING US ALWAYS UPDATED ON OUR CLAY.

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx