gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:31:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 249
Total: 249

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JULY 28  (Read 5419 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2005, 05:56:19 AM »

Runner-up doesn't mean second-best
Clay Aiken, who performs Friday at Mohegan Sun, took second place in 'Idol's' second season.
By DAVID PENCEK
Norwich Bulletin

Clay Aiken didn't win "American Idol," but he's become as popular as any contestant from the popular reality show who is not named Kelly Clarkson.

Aiken-mania (or is it Clay-mania) was riding high after he finished second to Ruben Studdard in the second season of "American Idol" and after he released his debut album "Measure of a Man" in October 2003.

Aiken has been fairly quiet this year, but that may change because Aiken will be on the road touring through this summer.

The 26-year old Aiken brings his "Jukebox" tour to the Mohegan Sun Arena Friday. Tickets for the 8 p.m. show are $50 and $40. The Mohegan Sun is the second stop on the tour.

Without a new album to promote, Aiken will sing covers of popular songs going back to the 1950s all the way to modern times, which will include some of Aiken's hits such as "This is the Night."

"This started out as a show just to have some fun with, and as I got more excited about singing these songs, it became a bigger show," Aiken said in a released statement. "It's a chance for people to remember where they were when they heard certain songs."

Expect covers of "Bridge Over Troubled Water," "Solitaire" and hits by Sam Cooke and the Goo Goo Dolls.

Although he has a squeaky-clean image, Aiken has been a part of some controversy lately. The Bubel/Aiken foundation, a charity he co-founded to benefit children with disabilities, has come under scrutiny. News reports cite that a document filed with the Internal Revenue Service revealed that of the more than $1 million the group raised last year, less than a third was handed out in grants. Large amounts went to travel expenses, "professional services" and salaries.

It's doubtful that the story will hurt the family-friendly Aiken's popularity.

Also this week at Mohegan Sun, Destiny's Child performs Wednesday in the Arena and Dick Pillar's 40th Annual Polkabration will be held Friday through Sunday in the Uncas Ballroom.

©NORWICH (CT) BULLETIN

Bolding is mine!! I have a feeling he was gritting his teeth while writing this one....anyone else?  HAHA
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2005, 06:09:24 AM »

PAMELA: I DON'T KNOW IF YOU GOT MY PM REPLY LATE LAST NIGHT OR NOT?? I did SEND IT TO YOU OR I think I DID.

I ALSO THINK THE STATEMENT MADE BY THE WRITER WAS TOOTH GRINDING FROM HIS POINT OF VIEW. THERE WAS NO NEED TO MAKE A STATEMENT LIKE THAT OR PROCLAIM "it's doubtful..." IF THE WRITER did not want ANYTHING BAD TO HAPPEN TO CLAY'S CAREER. BUT THAT'S HOW I TAKE IT.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2005, 07:22:04 AM »

Bolding is mine!! I have a feeling he was gritting his teeth while writing this one....anyone else?  HAHA

Got the same thing Pamela! Ha! Hi AC, long time no see!

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2005, 07:54:01 AM »

WELL I THINK CLAY HAS PROVED TO MOST OF US THAT HE AND HIS FOUNDATION ARE ON THE UP & UP-

POOR CLAY- GUESS HE STILL READS THE BOARDS IF HE KNOWS ABOUT HIS HAIR DISCUSSIONS

WONDER IF HE READ ABOUT THE TIGHT JEANS AND T SHIRT- AND WILL ACT ACCORDINGLY?

WE CAN ONLY HOPE!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
liney23
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2005, 08:16:43 AM »

Grrrr... it's always the way.  They report the problem, but don't report that the auditors found 85% went to programs.... Grrrr!

Anywho, I had a thought last night... Clay is obviously dressing for each decade.  What's he gonna wear for the 50's.  Dare we hope the Grease outfit?  Could he have finally put Simon's "horrible" out of his mind and realize how much we would all LOVE to see him in that outfit again?

Silly me, he has filled out too much to fit in those jeans anymore.... ummmm... WEAR IT, CLAY! 
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2005, 08:38:10 AM »

Grrrr... it's always the way.  They report the problem, but don't report that the auditors found 85% went to programs.... Grrrr!

Anywho, I had a thought last night... Clay is obviously dressing for each decade.  What's he gonna wear for the 50's.  Dare we hope the Grease outfit?  Could he have finally put Simon's "horrible" out of his mind and realize how much we would all LOVE to see him in that outfit again?

Silly me, he has filled out too much to fit in those jeans anymore.... ummmm... WEAR IT, CLAY! 

OH LINEY~ I'm on that bandwagon right along with ya!!! WOO HOO!  shocking

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2005, 08:48:29 AM »

ONE THING I WILL SAY---CLAY IS GETTING PRESS.

I THINK HE HAD TOO MUCH TIME ON HIS HANDS.  HE NEEDS TO BE BUSY.  HE WILL BE FINE NOW.

AND IF HE READS THE BOARDS, HE KNOWS A LOT MORE OF WHAT WE ARE CRAVING THAN JUST HAIR.   shocking  WELL, THAT AND A CONCERT DVD, TOUCH, ETC.  I JUST WANT HIM TO HAVE FUN SINCE HE BRINGS SO MUCH JOY TO SO MANY OF US.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
liney23
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2005, 11:24:50 AM »

For those who haven't drooled over it, here is the cable TV Guide.  Isn't it the bestest picture.  It is my wallpaper now.  Too bad this wasn't the main TV Guide pic!  What were they thinking?
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2005, 12:27:25 PM »

Thanks liney! 

Reminder:  All the TV Guide pics are in the GALLERY!

I think that picture was chosen for the cable guide because it was a bit edgier. Could they believe that cable subscribers are more edgy?

Geez...just think what the cover of SATELLITE TV TODAY would be like if there were such a thing...

*dies*
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2005, 02:57:01 PM »

HELLO EVERYONE & THANKS FOR THE NEWS I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED TOMORROW IS MY FIRST CLAYING FOR THIS YEAR

TAKE CARE EVERYONE,
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx