gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:04:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 435
Total: 435

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEW NETWORK JULY 26  (Read 6590 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: July 26, 2005, 01:59:53 AM »

Good Morning, everyone!!Clay will be on Access Hollywood tonight.

Our Clay Aiken exclusive! You asked, Clay answers...

ACCESS HOLLYWOOD

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 02:03:08 AM »

UNICEF Ambassador Clay Aiken Returns from Northern Uganda's Conflict Affected Districts
Monday July 25, 12:10 pm ET 
Aiken Witnesses the Phenomenon of 'Night Commuters'

NEW YORK, July 25 /PRNewswire/ -- In an effort to bring attention to the plight of children in northern Uganda, UNICEF Ambassador Clay Aiken traveled to the conflict affected region to witness the phenomenon of "night commuters," children who trek from the countryside into slightly more secure towns and UNICEF supported shelters every night to avoid being abducted by the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA).

The conflict in northern Uganda has displaced approximately 1.4 million people -- 80 per cent of them children and women -- as the rebel (LRA) seeks to overthrow the Ugandan government. Each evening, the threat of LRA attacks and abductions drives over 40,000 child "night commuters" to leave their homes. An estimated 12,000 children have been abducted by the LRA in the conflict-affected districts since June 2002, to be forcibly recruited as child combatants and sex slaves.

"Northern Uganda is one of the most dangerous places in the world for children," said Aiken. "Children are being forced to commit appalling acts of violence. Children are being killed and raped. It was all too clear that those living in the conflict-affected districts of Uganda deserve much more. The global community must act now with utmost urgency to put an end to these atrocities. No progress will be made until there is peace throughout the country."

Aiken toured UNICEF supported projects in northern Uganda, including internally displaced peoples' (IDP) camps, night commuter shelters and reception centers for formerly abducted children in Kitgum, Gulu and Katakwi districts. There are currently more than 200 IDP camps scattered across the eight conflict-affected districts.

"In the UNICEF supported reception centers for formerly abducted children, I witnessed children receiving psychosocial counseling," said Aiken. "These children spend anywhere between a few days to several months in these centers."

The child-centric conflict has wrought unprecedented violence and poverty to a region once famed as Uganda's "food basket," because of the abundance of natural resources in the north. As a result, the local populations of mostly women and children are deprived access to basic healthcare, clean water, education, nutrition, protection and shelter.

UNICEF and its partners are providing rapid, high-impact humanitarian assistance to populations affected by conflict in northern Uganda. These interventions are in the areas of health and nutrition, water and sanitation, education, child protection and emergency shelter.

In March, Aiken witnessed UNICEF in action during his first field trip, which took him to the tsunami stricken region of Indonesia. Aiken visited primary school students and camps for the internally displaced survivors in the tsunami ravaged province of Aceh.

ABOUT UNICEF

Founded in 1946, UNICEF helps save, protect and improve the lives of children around the world through immunization, education, health care, nutrition, clean water and sanitation. UNICEF is non-partisan and its cooperation is free of discrimination. In everything it does, the most disadvantaged children and the countries in greatest need have priority. For more information, please visit http://www.unicefusa.org or call 1-800-4UNICEF.
YAHOO

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 02:05:03 AM »

Surprise! Delivery gig goes famously for fans

Jul. 25, 2005 12:00 AM

You ordered a copy of Clay Aiken's memoir on Amazon.com and have been driving the cats crazy with your never-ending pacing and mumbling ever since: "When will it come? When will it come?!?"

Then the doorbell rings. You race to the door, fling it open and there stands . . . Aiken himself, with Learning to Sing in hand.
AZCENTRAL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 02:07:21 AM »

Idol Thoughts, July 25: Idols a Hit and Kelly’s Legit!

Here's something to ponder. John Stevens’ Red debuted at #5 on the Top Jazz Albums, list making him the 16th Idol to have a presence on a Billboard chart. He joins Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini, Ruben Studdard, Clay Aiken, Kimberley Locke, Tamyra Gray, Josh Gracin, William Hung, Fantasia, Diana DeGarmo, R.J. Helton, George Huff, Jim Verraros, Carrie Underwood and Bo Bice, all of whom have appeared on one or another of Billboards charts. That’s pretty good when you consider how little airplay most of these people have gotten.

FOXES ON IDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 02:10:02 AM »

American Idol: R4AS- Your Nightmare Top 12!
While many people viewed the article, and abysmal number of people actually got around to voting. I’ve been working like crazy and am getting my wisdom teeth out in a few hours, so I apologize for the delay in the article. I knew if I didn’t get it done before surgery….well…ya know… So anyway, a Clay fan is correct I believe, in that the reason I had such a delightful number of votes was because the article was forwarded to the Clay boards. Now, we American Idol fans, and Clay’s non-board fans know what this means. All of them showed up to vote for that one, but none of them needed to show up here. I urge you next time I do a thing where I need votes, to take a few seconds and do so. Otherwise, it’s just kinda sucky, ya know? (snip)

27 out of 46 Idols received some of the abysmal amount of votes. That leaves many unscathed! Unfortunately, Kelly and Ruben are the only AI winners unscathed. Clay, Justin, and Diana were all the runner ups unscathed. In third place position, Kim Locke and Vonzell were left alone with their talent. You can imagine the rest from there! Despite the lack of votes, it is still minutely interesting. Let me know what you think. If I could have picked the whole 12 myself I would have said……
MEDIA FIENDS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 02:14:39 AM »

Here are the top 50 searches on Lycos for the week ending July 23, 2005:

Search Term Last Week Weeks on List

43  Clay Aiken   #47  112
Allergic to Nuts   

Clay went up 4 spots.  I was worried he would drop off the countdown.  He has been on the list an amazing 112 weeks!!

Let's move him up even more!!
Search for Clay:
SEARCH LYCOS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 02:17:36 AM »

'Idol' finalist Clay Aiken set to begin Jukebox Summer Tour 2005   
UPI News Service, 07/24/2005

Multi-platinum recording artist Clay Aiken is set to begin his 25-city Jukebox Summer Tour 2005 in Tom's River, N.J.

Aiken's fifth tour in two years, set to begin Thursday, is not supporting a specific album. The show will feature songs from the last five decades -- with particular emphasis on Elvis Presley and Motown, but also Sam Cooke and the Goo Goo Dolls.

Aiken will also sing songs he's associated with including "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and "Solitaire."

"I thought it would be cool to sing a bunch of covers, and relate to everybody," says Aiken. "We're going to have a lot of medleys in the show, including a doo-wop medley and one for all the great Motown hits. I made a prediction that everyone will be able to sing along to at least five songs, no matter when they grew up."

Aiken is set to sing three songs from the tour on ABC's "Good Morning America" Friday as part of its outdoor Summer Concert series in New York City's Bryant Park.

The tour is scheduled to end Sept. 1 in Atlantic City, N.J.
REALITY TV WORLD

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 02:19:32 AM »

Same story as above:

WEBINDIA

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 02:53:12 AM »

Hi M.B.!!!!  All the buzz- the Tour, TBAF, CNN, Access Hollywood, GMA...WOOOHOO!!!

Deanna-besides clicking on icon under someone's avie, how do you PM someone?  Thanks---MODIFIED:  I know now...

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 04:25:24 AM »

Thanks for the news Deanna!!  Watched the CNN video from last night - gotta love a pissed off Clay!!  He said BAF had more donations in the last 5 days because of the news about the foundation's money then they had the last couple months - I think he knows we love him!!
Somebody on this board made a comment after that article came out that they were so mad, they took out their checkbook and sent BAF a check!!  I thought that was awesome - seems a lot of other people were that "mad" too!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 04:53:49 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

STILL FEELING MY WAY AROUND HERE.  THANKS FOR THE NEWS.  NOW THAT THE TOUR IS ALMOST STARTING THINGS SHOULD SURE PERK UP AROUND HERE.

LORA - I AGREE I LOVE THE WAY HE COMES BACK AND SAY THAT IN THE LAST 5 DAYS MORE CONTRIBUTIONS HAVE BEEN MADE THAN EVER.  YOU GO CLAY.

WILL CHECK BACK FOR MORE HOPEFULLY.

HUGS
MRS. RAINEY AIKEN
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 05:27:44 AM »

GOOD MORNING I CANNOT READ THE SM PRINT HAVE TO GET GLASSES I GUSS.LOL ANYWAY TO MAKE IT BIG

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 05:55:12 AM »

Hey guys - if you have any questions about the new forum, please post them in the "Welcome to the New Forum" thread stickied up above.

I'll try to put all the answers into the very first post so they will be easy to find!  Thanks!

More good news today...and more to come I'm sure. 

::Countdown to Clay - 2 DAYS!!!::

Thanks for the news Deanna!  Have a great day everyone!
LJB
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 06:12:04 AM »

Lorilovesgolf wrote:
Watched the CNN video from last night - gotta love a pissed off Clay!!  He said BAF had more donations in the last 5 days because of the news about the foundation's money then they had the last couple months

IS THERE A DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE?
sjlogghe
SuperFan

Clay's Geography Tutor

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 06:28:42 AM »

Lorilovesgolf wrote:

I was just going to ask that too!!  Anyone able to direct us??  Pretty please??     in advance!!

And thanks for the news today!!!

Faith is the substance of all things hoped for . . .
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2005, 06:35:37 AM »

I was just going to ask that too!!  Anyone able to direct us??  Pretty please??     in advance!!

And thanks for the news today!!!

MEASURE OF A FAN HAD THAT INTERVIEW PLUS A PREVIEW OF ACCESS HOLLYWOOD

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
LiftClayUp
Claymaniac

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2005, 06:38:06 AM »

Lorilovesgolf wrote:

Hi Lisa and Sarah - Inquiring minds want to know?

Clay is our gift from GOD!!!!!
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2005, 06:48:52 AM »

GOOD MORNING..
I'M NOT SURE ANY ONE SEEN THIS YET....

CLAY WILL HAVE AN INTERVIEW AT A TOMS RIVER RADIO STATION

Toms River 

LOVE YA

PHILLY

lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2005, 09:30:24 AM »

Thanks for the news and info everyone!!

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2005, 09:34:42 AM »

GLORY--I HAVE THAT PROBLEM.  GO TO VIEW, THEN TEXT ZOOM, AND THEN MAKE THE FONT 150%.  IT IS GREAT.  HOPE THAT HELPS.

2 DAYS.  SUNNY---ARFE YOU DANCING?

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx