gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:50:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 407
Total: 407

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEW NETWORK JULY 22  (Read 8263 times)
cjrmax
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2005, 07:59:52 AM »

THE MEDIA IS REALLY ANNOYING RIGHT NOW. HALF TRUTHS. JADED STORIES. REALLY ANNOYING. I GUESS THAT IS PART OF THE "BUJSINESS."

Unfortunately, the media is ALWAYS like this!  Its not just Clay!

I guess we can at least take comfort in that!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2005, 08:20:51 AM »

Thanks for the news, as always.

Prissy and others - Don't you think the newspapaer will sell out in Raleigh? If I were you - just to be safe - I would pre-order it!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2005, 09:08:31 AM »

Quote from: cjrmax
THE MEDIA IS REALLY ANNOYING RIGHT NOW. HALF TRUTHS. JADED STORIES. REALLY ANNOYING. I GUESS THAT IS PART OF THE "BUJSINESS."

Unfortunately, the media is ALWAYS like this!  Its not just Clay!

I guess we can at least take comfort in that!

I have to agree with your  comment--they always try to take a negative spin on things--without really revealing the facts.

TBAF IS A VERY NOBLE CHARITY & IT IS TOO BAD THAT THE NEWS MEDIA IS TRYING TO DESTROY SOMETHING GOOD.
THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT, JUST WAIT & SEE.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR NEWS & COMMENTS.

HAVE A GOOD DAY.

TAKE CARE,
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
cjrmax
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2005, 10:18:29 AM »

There's an article in the Asbury Park Press Weekend section about Clay, Kelley, Riverfest. (He is on the COVER!!)Someone more talented than me who gets it might want to scan it...

Marion, I found the article online!

ASBURY PARK PRESS
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2005, 11:01:25 AM »

Hello folks,

I just read this on another board and thought you'd like to read it too...it shows again the importance of context and having the fuller picture. [Moderators...please put this where you think it should go...or edit...if I shouldn't have posted it here...]
I talked to Diane Bubel yesterday and she said I could share our conversation with you. Before I do I want to say one thing. These are not Clay Aiken’s thoughts - they are Diane's…basically from one friend to another sharing what has been happening.

Probably the most important thing right now for any of us is that Diane and the BAF are fine and Clay is also according to Diane. I said, “So neither of you are folding huh?” There is no doubt about that – the BAF is not going away.

Diane told me that the WRAL reporter called her just as she was walking in the door from dropping Mike off. It was not a pre-set interview - he just called. The reason he called was because he received a letter complaining about how the BAF used their funds. The letter he received prompted the audit which you saw accurately reported - 85% goes to services for the children.

Everything I’m going to write now was said to this reporter. You'll probably be scratching your head in wonder at what the reporter ended up including in his story.

He questioned Diane about the 990 form and that a third was the amount for grants - thinking that was the amount of money that went to services. Diane directed him to the back page of the 990 form where there is a listing of all the services the BAF has and the amount of money used for each. Included in that list are Camp Gonzo, Able to Serve, and many other things. The grants are the moneys given to individuals for their projects.

Diane asked him if he was aware that the federal government gave the BAF a $500,000 grant to set up inclusion curriculum for public schools. That State Farm was piggy backing that grant with a huge amount of money (I [clz] can not wait for this amount to come out I just don’t think it’s my place to do that) so that the program can be continual. She pointed out that Disney and McDonalds among others are sponsors of the BAF. That every sponsor they have has checked them out thoroughly, as did the Federal government.

There was talk about other expenses that the BAF incurs and that setting up camps and programs is not the same as running existing ones. Operating budgets are larger – the training, the supplies, and flights to the cities with camps to see how the pilot program was doing, etc. The legal fees were discussed to his satisfaction. Diane filled him in on the galas, the awards and many many other things that he had no clue about.

This part is very important and important for you to know because Diane feels bad that even one person had a wrong impression about what she said. He wanted to know why there were critics. Why people think that Clay is out to gain something for himself. Why they think the BAF isn’t quite on the up and up. Diane told him the story of Clay and Mike and what a turn around Mike had because of Clay. She said that the Clay Aiken the critics complain about is not the man she knows.

At some point during this Diane commented that she didn’t know why people are negative. They (the BAF) are volunteers and are working hard trying to do something and they (critics) just are critical. This is a far cry from saying that all of the fans and supporters are critical. Her quotes were taken out of context.

I don’t think I want to say more except to make a few personal points.

Diane has been nothing but gracious through this whole nasty time. She said that she knew Clay was rehearsing a lot and that there was no reason for him to comment about this. It had been going on for a long time. Clay has dealt with it and this incident is just another part of the situation. The BAF is very strong right now. Camp Gonzo is going wonderfully well. Everyone knows about the increases in grants and the excitement about the money from the Federal government. There is no truth here to be unturned by any investigative reporter. Diane has always said “bring em on” when we’ve talked about the threats to contact this attorney general or that one or the IRS - whatever. Her attitude is that if the BAF is doing something wrong then they will fix it. Her disbelief and chagrin come with the tactics used against them.

The BAF is very grateful for all their corporate sponsors. However, Diane said that they know that there is only one reason that the BAF has succeeded. Both Diane and Clay are fully aware of that reason and are grateful beyond what I can convey. That reason is the supportive fans. The fans who have volunteered, the fans that have supported with their prayers, the fans who have poured money into the Foundation to get it off the ground - they are the reason that each child has been helped. I don’t think from what Diane has said to me that they will lose sight of that - ever.

I want to close with a small true story – a way to gauge just how well Camp Gonzo is doing.

At one of the camps they were playing wiffle ball – all the kids included. A boy who has Cerebral Palsy was at the plate and he struggled to swing the bat. He tried and tried and just couldn’t manage it. So the counselor suggested that they play pretend wiffle ball and that the boy pretend to hit the ball with the bat. The boy did exactly that and as everyone watched him hit the ball, they all in unison, without being told, turned their heads and they watched the ball go over the fence for a home run - then they began cheering for him.

There is more: So all of the kids decided that this pretend wiffle ball was a really neat thing and they all began to play. Soon the boy with cerebral palsy came up to the plate again and this time when he pretend swung they called him out at first. Someone said – “hey that’s not nice!” Someone replied – “You can’t hit home runs all the time.”

Diane said in that moment that little boy was treated like every other kid there – that is what we can all call success!

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
ILClaymate
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2005, 12:39:13 PM »

Could be rumor.....maybe check it out just in case!!!

From Notacanuck of CH:

Clack Alert!

From TVBarn:
Quote:
Global warming and Muslim schism and an exclusive interview with Clay Aiken, this week on "NOW" (9 p.m., PBS).

According to my PBS schedule, it's on tonight at 8pm CST.
cjrmax
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2005, 12:52:51 PM »

RE the NOW rumor:

I found this update from Pink Armchair at the Clackhouse:
Okay, I found the name and number of the publicist for NOW in New York and gave him a quick call (about a "viewer" inquiry *g*). He told me where TVBarn originates, and said the Clay part of this listing IS AN ERROR. He was very nice about it, laughed and said, "That's interesting! I don't think he's even on our short list!" And promised to call the guy at TVBarn and correct the listing. Sorry, folks. I hope this helped. Nice find, though! *g*
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2005, 02:51:34 PM »

clayharmony, that was beautiful to read.  This is the perfect place for it.

Thank you!

And all the GOOD NEWS today!  Wow.  Isn't it funny how even PRETEND Clack makes you all tingly inside?

The PBS interview mention that was erroneous...that was weird.  Trying to boost up some viewership for global warming using Clay as the bait.

Hey, he would probably be very proud of that actually.  Laughing

Thanks everyone!!

cjrmax
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2005, 04:59:50 PM »

The PBS interview mention that was erroneous...that was weird. Trying to boost up some viewership for global warming using Clay as the bait.

Hey, he would probably be very proud of that actually.   Laughing

Well, Pamela, he is hot enough to be the cause of global warming in and of himself!!  
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2005, 07:45:42 PM »

Quote from: CT loves Clay
My question was returned too.  I wonder why none of us can
get through.  

MY QUESTION WASNT RETURNED- I ASKED HIM WHAT EMOTION HE FELT THAT INSTANT BEFORE HE STEPS OUT ONTO THE STAGE AND IS GREETED BY ROARS OF DELIGHT FROM THE FANS- DOES HE STILL GET NERVOUS RIGHT BEFORE THE CONCERTS?

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2005, 08:03:52 PM »

GOOD QUESTION, MARILYN.  MINE WAS KIND OF THE SAME---WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU LOOK AT AT THOUSANS OF PEOPLE SCREAMING FOR YOU?

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
stellium
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2005, 12:28:44 PM »

I don't know where to put this,  but Dardar of CB has provided all of Clay's staff who help him whenever any of these problems come up.  He has changed some names recently,  so I thought it would be good to post here:

TEAM CLAY :

Agent = Carole Kinzel at CAA (Creative Artists Agency)

Manager =  Simon Renshaw of Strategic Artist(s) Management

Personal assistant = Nick Leisey

Stylist, hair/fashion = John Dahlstrom

Business management = Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, LLP

Entertainment attorney = Jess L. Rosen, Greenberg Traurig/Atlanta, GA

TBAF attorney = Robert J. Robes, Greenberg Traurig/Boca Raton, FL
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx