gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:32:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 181
Total: 181

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEW NETWORK JULY 22  (Read 8281 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: July 22, 2005, 02:00:38 AM »

wave Good Morning, everyone!! wave

Clay is going to be interviewed by Access Hollywood this weekend and they are asking for questions.  Cheer!  Click below!

Access Hollywood

Also, The Raleigh News & Observer will be featuring a
Full Front-Page Poster of Clay Aiken on Friday, August 5th.  Click below to order.

News&Observer

Click here to get information on the time and channel in your area for Access Hollywood:
ACCESS HOLLYWOOD

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 02:02:21 AM »

'Idol' at Darien Lake

(July 21, 2005) — Clay Aiken of American Idol fame has a show at 8 p.m. July 30 at Darien Lake Performing Arts Center, 9993 Allegheny Road (Route 77) in Darien Center, Genesee County. Aiken may have lost to Ruben Studdard in the second season of the show, but his debut album has sold more than those of other former Idol stars. This Jukebox Tour, taking Aiken to 25 cities, will highlight five decades of the rock and roll era. Tickets ($27.50, $37.50 and $45) are available through Ticketmaster, (585) 232-1900 or www.ticketmaster.com

DEMOCRAT AND CHRONICLE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 02:04:00 AM »

Fair and square

The Indiana State Fair has come a long way, just considering who organizers book as headliners to perform on the grandstand stage.

Throughout its 149-year history, everyone from Andy Williams, The Beatles and Bob Hope to Jerry Van Dyke, Elvis Presley and Sonny and Cher have trekked to Indianapolis to perform at the fair.

This year, it's homespun humorist, author and radio host Garrison Keillor with his "Rhubarb Tour" (tickets $25) on Aug. 17 and Clay Aiken (tickets $30) on Aug. 18, right after the harness-racing tournament. Alan Jackson is Aug. 19 (tickets $44) and Keith Urban and Shelly Fairchild are Aug. 21 (tickets $41). There's also a free concert with Peter Noone and Herman's Hermits on Aug. 12. For more information or tickets, visit www.in.gov/statefair or call (317) 927-7500 or (317) 927-1482.

TIMES ONLINE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 02:13:04 AM »

BUBLE BURSTS KELLY'S BUBBLE: If you were expecting to read that Kelly Clarkson tied Celine Dion's record for having the longest-running No. 1 song by a female artist in the history of Billboard's Adult Contemporary chart, sorry to disappoint you. But think how Clarkson must feel -- her "Breakaway" (Walt Disney/Hollywood) only needed one more week in pole position to tie Dion's 21-week reign with "A New Day Has Come."

Instead, Michael Buble earns his first No. 1 on this survey, as "Home" (143/Reprise) finally moves up after nine (non-consecutive) weeks at No. 2. "Home" is Buble's fifth AC chart entry and only his second song to reach the top 10. Before "Home," his highest-charting title was a version of "The Christmas Song," No. 6 in December 2003.

Despite the advance of "Home," don't give up on "Breakaway." It's very likely the Clarkson song could return to No. 1 as early as next week, giving the song its 21st week on top and the possibility of breaking Dion's record.

If "Breakaway" doesn't reclaim the lead position, it will still be the third-longest AC No. 1 of all time, behind the 28-week run of "Drift Away" by Uncle Kracker featuring Dobie Gray and the 21-week run of Dion's "A New Day Has Come."

ALONG COMES JASMINE: It seems like only yesterday I was reporting that red-headed John Stevens was the 16th "American Idol" contestant to appear on a Billboard chart. Wait, it was almost yesterday -- or at least, last week. At the time I mentioned that LaToya London was primed to be the 17th charting "Idol," with the release to radio of her first single, "Appreciate" (Peak).

Instead, third season finalist Jasmine Trias beats London to the punch and becomes the 17th "Idol" to chart. The Hawaiian-born singer debuts at No. 11 on the Top Heatseekers tally with her self-titled CD on the Clockwork imprint. "Jasmine Trias" also bows on the Top Independent Albums chart at No. 20.

That revises last week's list of seasonal statistics. The new standings of how many "Idol" finalists have charted from each season of the TV series is as follows:

Season one: Five
Kelly Clarkson
Justin Guarini
Tamyra Gray
R.J. Helton
Jim
Verraros

Season two: Four
Ruben Studdard
Clay Aiken
Kimberley Locke
Josh
Gracin

Season three: Five
Fantasia
Diana DeGarmo
Jasmine Trias
George
Huff
John Stevens

Season four: Two
Carrie Underwood
Bo Bice

A debut for London would push season three out in front, with six charted finalists out of that year's top 12.

The 17th "Idol" singer to chart is non-finalist William Hung from season three, who was so bad that he wasn't even sent to Hollywood by judges Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell.

BILLBOARD CHART BEAT

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 02:16:59 AM »

Aiken Charity Under Critical Eye Despite Efforts
July 21, 2005 12:14 p.m. EST
Christina Ficara - All Headline News Staff Reporter

Los Angeles, CA (AHN) - Some critics are claiming former American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken, isn't as charitable has he claims to be.

The Bubel/Aiken foundation to benefit children with disabilities has come under scrutiny after tax documents surfaced raising eyebrows over their choice of spending.

A document filed with the Internal Revenue Service revealed a figure that claims less than a third of the more than $1 million raised by the group last year actually went to charitable grants.

The report shows more than $150,000 went for travel expenses, $173,000 for “professional services,” and nearly $150,000 for salaries. One of the reasons for the high expenses was high-profile galas held in places like Los Angeles and Hawaii.

Co-founder, Diane Bubel refutes the accusations, explaining the raw numbers are misleading. Costs of organizing, training, and travel for their camps for the disabled children in Raleigh and in Missouri are not included in the figures.

A local report by WRAL-TV in Raleigh, revealed, despite what the critics suggest based on the IRS document, an independent accountant's breakdown of the numbers totaled the program services at $920,000. Meaning, 85 cents of every dollar raised was donated to grants and other efforts of the foundation.

Aiken has not publically commented on the allegations, however his partner, Diane Bubel was quoted by WRAL-TV stating, “We’re volunteering and doing something good, and all we hear is complaining."

ALL HEADLINE NEWS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 02:28:25 AM »

Have a great day, everyone!!!!

TGIF !!!

Here ya go:

Cookie  Cookie

Clay "is" the "News"
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 03:44:19 AM »

I have my newspaper order form printed and ready to go.

I also asked a question of Clay. Since we are picking up our RV tomorrow..I asked for tips on how to pass the time in the RV and asked if there is anything he suggests NOT to do!! Maybe it will get a response!!

Thanks for the news and have a really good day!

Lora
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 03:48:20 AM »

Hey M.B....thanks for serving up some great   and as always, the news!

Hi Lor!  Good luck with getting your question answered!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 04:36:37 AM »

Hi Her!!

Looks like my question being answered would be a miracle. Seems it was returned "undeliverable" in my email...I used the link..but it doesn't seem it went through. That's OK...maybe I just asked too late.

Hope you have a happy day.

Lora
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2005, 04:37:43 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

I TOO HAVE ORDERED MY COPY OF THE OBSERVER.  AS LONG AS IT HAS THE NAME CLAY AIKEN ON IT I WILL BUY JUST ABOUT ANYTHING.

NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT CONTINUING ARTICLE ABOUT THE BUBEL AIKEN FOUNDATION.       IT WAS JUST REPORTED ON ANOTHER THREAD THAT IT WAS BEING ANNOUNCED ON CNN UNTIL THAT LONDON BOMBING CUT IN.  THIS WHOLE THING IS JUST NOT FAIR.  I WISH SOMEONE IN CLAYS CAMP WOULD SAY SOMETHING.  ANYTHING.  BUT I AM SURE HIS ATTORNEYS ARE ON THIS.

WILL CHECK BACK FOR LATER UPDATES.

HUGS
MRS. RAINEY AIKEN
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

ANN
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2005, 05:03:32 AM »

Thanks for the news, Deanna.

Quote from: clayMaine-iac
wave Good Morning, everyone!! wave

Clay is going to be interviewed by Access Hollywood this weekend and they are asking for questions.  Cheer!  Click below!

Access Hollywood

Also, The Raleigh News & Observer will be featuring a
Full Front-Page Poster of Clay Aiken on Friday, August 5th.  Click below to order.

News&Observer

Click here to get information on the time and channel in your area for Access Hollywood:
ACCESS HOLLYWOOD

My question for Clay is "How does he determine the cities that will be included on his concert tours?"

I will actually be in Raleigh on August 5, so I may pick up my OBSERVER in person!!  I'll check with Carol and JoAnn  if they would like to do that, too.
I will be there for the Cary concert!!

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2005, 05:34:29 AM »

Quote from: HavinaClayAffair
Hi Her!!

Looks like my question being answered would be a miracle. Seems it was returned "undeliverable" in my email...I used the link..but it doesn't seem it went through. That's OK...maybe I just asked too late.

Hope you have a happy day.

Lora

Lora - seems as if nobody can get their questions through.  Mine was returned "undeliverable" early yesterday.  Do you think their mailbox might just be overflowing??  BTW:  great question.  I only asked if Raleigh was ready to tour again!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2005, 05:51:47 AM »

TGIF!

And I mean that.

I'd like to point out that the All Headline News article is actually an updated version - the original version did not include this paragraph, which seems to have been added within the past day:

A local report by WRAL-TV in Raleigh, revealed, despite what the critics suggest based on the IRS document, an independent accountant's breakdown of the numbers totaled the program services at $920,000. Meaning, 85 cents of every dollar raised was donated to grants and other efforts of the foundation.

Prissy, you are right; those newspapers can be picked up if you are coming to the Cary concert.  That's what I'm doing - and I will mail out the Clay part of the paper to anyone outside the US.  Let me know!

Lora, you should ask your question again!  Maybe their system was just overloaded last night when that information first came out - you know we do love to break a website!  Wink
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2005, 05:55:45 AM »

THANKS FOR THE NEWS EVERYONE

AND I WOULDNT WORRY ABOUT THE BAF- IF THE GOVERNMENT GAVE IT A HUGE GRANT, YOU CAN GUARANTEE THEY EXAMINED THE FOUNDATION AND ITS BOOKS, ETC BEFORE THEY DID SO

NOT TO WORRY!!

AND 7 MORE DAYS UNTIL CONTACT!!! YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2005, 06:05:12 AM »

Ok..tried again...same response- "undeliverable"..DARN!

If it is due to system overload..what did they expect?? Curious as to how many responses the system can receive vs how many they got? It is a Clay Aiken  offer...they must be more prepared the next time! LOL!!

Lora
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2005, 06:44:40 AM »

My question was returned too.  I wonder why none of us can
get through.  

Pam:  Thanks for the update.  I am sure everything will be
fine.  I just don't like the fact that everytime Clay starts
to tour, some bad pubilcity has to come out.  Why can't
anyone focus on the good things he has done.  There
has yet to be an interview on his Ambassadorship,
the places he has been to and what he has seen.
Maybe at this time, Clay has preferred to be low key.
I don't blame him!!

Thanks, Deanna.

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
cjrmax
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2005, 06:59:37 AM »

Seems all those rumors of Clay being up for a part in Rent were true!  Look what I found!

Casting: Six of the eight lead actors, including Taye Diggs (TV's Kevin Hill), Jesse L. Martin (TV's Law & Order) and Idina Menzel (Broadway's Wicked) reprise their stage roles. "There was pressure to go the whole pop-star route," says Diggs, who met wife Menzel while doing Rent on Broadway. "Boy bands, Britney Spears, Clay Aiken. The fact that they wanted the original cast put everybody at ease. The chemistry of the ensemble is the main ingredient for fans."Chances: Hard-core fans, or Rentheads as they are called, won't be able to resist, but will audiences be nostalgic for the decade of AIDS and Reaganomics?

USA TODAY
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2005, 07:09:04 AM »

There's an article in the Asbury Park Press Weekend section about Clay, Kelley, Riverfest.  (He is on the COVER!!)Someone more talented than me who gets it might want to scan it...

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

OCD
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2005, 07:21:18 AM »

Like Lora and Linda, my question was also sent back to my e-mail as undeliverable twice!  Frustrating!  

Pamela, do you have the address of the  OBSERVER in downtown Raleigh?
Oops!  Never mind Pamela.  I have the address.  It's on the  page where you reserve your copies.

Prissy
[/size]

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2005, 07:57:23 AM »

I THINK IT IS PRETTY AMAZING THAT CLAY WAS C9ONSIDERED FOR RENT.  WHAT AN HONBOR.  I FELT IT WAS TRUE ALL ALONG.

THE MEDIA IS REALLY ANNOYING RIGHT NOW.  HALF TRUTHS.  JADED STORIES.  REALLY ANNOYING.  I GUESS THAT IS PART OF THE "BUJSINESS."

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx