gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:30:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 268
Total: 268

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Selling Copyrighted Material  (Read 2054 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: July 21, 2005, 06:34:39 PM »

Let me state very clearly here what our policy is on the subject of selling homemade DVDs and CDs on this forum.

The generosity of Clay's Internet fans is a wondrous thing, and, one of the things that differentiates this fandom from others and makes it extra special. People who are fortunate enough to attend Clay's performances, whether in concert, on TV, at private events or benefits, etc are nearly always willing to share any media they obtain with the entire ClayNation. We thank them totally and sincerely for their kindness. Downloading this (free) media is good.

Selling downloaded media on a homemade DVD or CD is not good. In fact, it's ILLEGAL and that is the number one reason I don't want these items advertised here.

Read this carefully: I do not judge or condemn anyone who chooses to purchase these items, due to the fact that they are not available from any other source (Clay's managament team, record company, fan club, etc.) However, the fact remains that it is ILLEGAL to sell them.

The second reason I don't want that information posted here is that it's not ethical for people to use Clay's work for their personal gain. It's not fair to Clay, and I know for a fact that neither he nor his family approve of it. The fact that he has trademarked his own name and certain other terms also says to me that he is most likely preparing himself to make legal challenges to people who are selling copyrighted material of his performances for profit.

Thanks for your understanding, your generosity and your cooperation.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx