gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:12:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 432
Total: 432

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEW NETWORK JULY 16  (Read 3904 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: July 16, 2005, 05:20:14 AM »

wave Good Morning, everyone!! wave

Clay Aiken To Begin Jukebox Tour July 28
The American Idol runner-up will perform cover songs from as far back as the '50's
Friday, Jul. 15, 2005 Posted: 8:35:16AM EST

Multi-platinum RCA Records recording artist Clay Aiken will embark on the fifth headlining tour of his career with a celebration of all five decades of the rock era.  

The Jukebox Tour, which is Aiken’s first since his successful “Joyful Noise” tour during the Christmas season of 2004, will reach back to the ‘50’s and ‘60’s for the earliest hits of rock and roll, move into the ‘70’s and ‘80’s for songs from Aiken’s childhood, and come all the way into the ‘90’s and ‘00’s for hits from modern times.

“I thought it would be cool to sing a bunch of covers, and relate to everybody,” said Aiken. “There will be songs my mom likes and my grandparents like, and there are a lot of people who love the music of the ‘70’s. I like the ‘80’s, and we’re going to have a lot of fun with songs from the ‘90’s.”

The ‘00’s section of the show will include songs from Aiken’s first album, the double-platinum “Measure of a Man” and will preview songs from his upcoming CD, which Aiken is about to go into the studio to begin recording.

The tour will also have a unique feature organized by Boomerang Mobile Media, as those with text messaging on their cell phones will have an opportunity to send messages to Clay backstage before each show and register to receive a post-show message from the artist. At many venues, attendees will be able to post their own text messages live, on screens in the venue. They will also have access to exclusive merchandise.

“This started out as a show just to have some fun with, and as I got more excited about singing these songs, it became a bigger show,” explains Aiken. “It’s a summer tour and the production will be simple because the real story is the music.”

“It’s chance for people to remember where they were when they heard certain songs,” he continues. “I was born in 1978, but I love the music of the ‘50’s and ‘60’s and I know a lot of people do. We’re going to have a lot of medleys in the show, including a doo-wop medley and one for all the great Motown hits. I made a prediction that everyone will be able to sing along to at least five songs, no matter when they grew up!”

The Jukebox Tour will kick off July 28 in Tom River, NJ and will conclude on September 1st in Atlantic City, NJ, hitting 25 cities in between.

christianpost

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 05:21:42 AM »

Double the fun
CLIO
THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
Friday, July 15, 2005

The Clio Area Amphitheater is offering two bleacher seats for the price of one to Thursday's Tom Jones/Tower of Power show and eight other concerts, including Clay Aiken (Aug. 13) and Ron White (Aug. 20). Patrons have to pick up coupons at various amphitheater corporate sponsors and redeem them at the box office. Details: (810) 687-7611, www.clioamp.org

mlive

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 05:25:24 AM »

The Bice man cometh
Idols Live! Tour brings Bo home
By ROBIN OLIVER
BIRMINGHAM POST-HERALD

Bo Bice is a tiny bit bummed about performing in Birmingham tonight, his hometown show on his first major tour.
Make no mistake, the 29-year-old "American Idol" runner-up and Helena resident can't wait to take stage in front of hometown fans as well as about 200 friends and family members — his mother and his new wife included — who are planning to attend at the Birmingham show.

Bice said the local show is, by far, the one he is looking forward to the most on the American Idols Live! Tour. But it only fulfills about 95 percent of his ultimate dream.

"I'd love to come home and play Oak Mountain Amphitheatre," Bice said, referring to the now Verizon Wireless Music Center-Birmingham
(snip)

Whether or not Bice's career will extend beyond a solo tour this spring is still in limbo. The success of "Idol" runner-ups has run the gamut from the multi-platinum success of crooner Clay Aiken to the already waning marginal chart success of Birmingham-born Diana Degarmo.

Who?

Exactly.

Bice said he is hopeful, after good response to his single, but he said he knows there's still a chance he could be back playing nightclubs this time next year.

"I didn't think I would ever make it as far as I did on the show," Bice said. "I got way more out of it than I was planning for. Now, it's about concentrating on putting out a great album to keep things going."

post hearald

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 05:27:06 AM »

TELL US WHAT YOU THINK

LAST WEEK: We asked about music that shapes people's spiritual lives and readers described uplifting songs by such established artists as Tim McGraw, Clay Aiken, Dan Fogelberg, Tori Amos, CeCe Winans and Shirley Caesar.

freep.com

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 05:29:48 AM »

New TV season promises edgy lineup
By BILL BRIOUX -- Toronto Sun  

BEVERLY HILLS, CA -- Here are four edgy new U.S. cable shows pitched at critics at yesterday's press tour sessions. We'll have to wait and see if any Canadian networks have the guts to pick any of them up:

SPADE WORK: "Annoying or Canadian?"

That's just one of the bits to be featured on The Showbiz Show With David Spade, a fall-bound Comedy Central series that will "celebrate the mediocrity of show business."

The 8 Simple Rules star made enemies galore in the '90s on Saturday Night Live with his bitchy "Hollywood Minute" bits. ("Quick, a falling star -- make a wish," he meowed after Eddie Murphy bombed in Harlem Nights.) This show stretches that desk bit to a half hour.

Spade promises to pull down the pants of the Hollywood elite. He provided the following seriously wrong example: "Tom Cruise offered Katie Holmes $4 million to be his girlfriend," he said. "It was only a million but he got into a bidding war with Clay Aiken."

jam.canoe

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 05:32:45 AM »

Studdard's pipes to anchor concert
09:47 PM CDT on Friday, July 15, 2005
By HELEN DALY / Special Contributor to The Dallas Morning News

American Idol winner Ruben Studdard still sings the occasional solo at Rising Star Baptist Church in his hometown of Birmingham, Ala., where he debuted as a soloist at age 5.

The J Records artist, now 26, put out a gospel album at the end of last year, and he's headlining the final night of the One Voice Christian concert series at Six Flags Over Texas next weekend.

But Mr. Studdard doesn't want to be pigeonholed as a Christian performer. "I'm just an artist, and I want to be able to do whatever kind of music I want, whether it's gospel or jazz," he said during a telephone interview.

Mr. Studdard will appear July 23 at the theme park in Arlington, along with Smokie Norful, Out of Eden and DJ Maj.

Concertgoers can expect to hear Mr. Studdard's interpretation of standards such as "Amazing Grace" and "Shout to the Lord," which appeared on the singer's 2004 gospel project, I Need an Angel.

"I'll probably do the whole album at the Six Flags show," said the singer.

Mr. Studdard was speaking from Doppler Studios in Atlanta, where he was recording tracks for his third album, The Return of the Velvet Teddy Bear, which is slated for release Oct. 11.

Gladys Knight coined the nickname "Velvet Teddy Bear" for the former college football offensive tackle during the second season of the Fox megahit American Idol. Mr. Studdard edged out runner-up Clay Aiken to win the competition in May 2003.

Mr. Studdard's 2003 debut album, Soulful, entered the Billboard "Hot 100" album chart at No. 1 when it was released that December. The album sold more than 1.5 million copies and earned Mr. Studdard a Grammy nomination for best R&B performance by a male vocalist.

Mr. Studdard penned as well as sang the inspirational track "Don't You Give Up," which appears on I Need an Angel, which came out in November. And he hopes to include several of his own songs on his next project, which he describes as "more secular."

"I'm calling it 'The Return of the Velvet Teddy Bear,' " he said.

dallas news

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 05:40:42 AM »

SEASONAL STATS: With the No. 5 debut of "Red" (Maverick) on the Top Jazz Albums list, John Stevens becomes the 16th "American Idol" contestant to appear on a Billboard chart. He follows Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini, Ruben Studdard, Clay Aiken, Kimberley Locke, Tamyra Gray, Josh Gracin, William Hung, Fantasia, Diana DeGarmo, R.J. Helton, George Huff, Jim Verraros, Carrie Underwood and Bo Bice.

With four seasons' worth of finalists, which year of "American Idol" has produced the most charted acts? Even with third-season competitor Stevens joining the list, the first season is ahead with five (Clarkson, Guarini, Gray, Helton and Verraros). The second and third seasons are tied with four each (Studdard, Aiken, Locke and Gracin from season two and Fantasia, DeGarmo, Huff and Stevens from season three).

The just-completed fourth season can't be faulted for only having produced two chart acts (Underwood and Bice). The other finalists aren't allowed to accept record deals until they complete the summer tour currently underway.

The season stats could be shaken up as early as next week, as the fourth-place finalist from season three is poised to chart. LaToya London's first single, "Appreciate," has been sent to radio, and an album is due soon.

Hung isn't included in the season stats for finalists because he was more of an anti-finalist, not even making the top 32 of season three. He is the only "Idol" non-finalist to chart, so far.

billboard chart beat

Clay "is" the "News"
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 10:27:34 AM »

DEANNA, THANKS FOR THE NEWS!

HOPE EVERYONE IS ENJOYING THEIR WEEKEND!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2005, 10:34:26 AM »

HELLO EVERYONE--DEANNA THANKS FOR THE NEWS.

HEY MARILYN!!

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THE NEW BLOG FROM CLAY ON THE OFC.

HEAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE.

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2005, 10:36:07 AM »

established artists as ....., Clay Aiken
I just love that label!

Thanks for the news!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

Clay's Ladylove
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2005, 03:40:56 PM »

Hello Everyone wave  And I Hope Everyone Is Having A Good Weekend! I Too Love That Label With "Our Honey Clay's" Name On It. I Just Picked Up J-14 Magazine With The Little Picture Of Clay And That Little Boy In Banda Aceh. That Small Picture Is Sooooo Cute! Clay Surely Is HOT When He Is Doing Charity Work And "Making A Difference!" I Just LOVE THAT MAN! And Also DON'T FORGET That Clay Is On Two TV Guide Covers Which Are On Sale Next Saturday Or Sunday I Believe.       I Can't Wait To Buy Those Two Issues Next Weekend. Well Everyone Have A Great And Safe Weekend And I Will Too. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU AND CLAY! Bye! wave

Hugs, Peace, Love, And Many Blessings,

Your Friend And Sparkling Jewel, Baby Dust

Julie Aiken

Only 31 More Days Until Clay's Concert At The Toledo Zoo Amphitheatre!

CLAY AIKEN: "IDOL FOUND, GAME OVER! MY ANGEL IN THE NIGHT AND DAY AND THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!"
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2005, 05:54:52 PM »

GOOD EVENING ONE AND ALL.  I AM A LITTLE LATE CATCHING UP ON THE NEWS BUT BETTER LATE THAN NEVER.

THINGS ARE STARTING TO PICK UP.  JUST WAIT.  IT IS STARTING.  I FEEL THE DRUMS AND THE NATIVES ARE STARTING TO GET EXCITED.                                    

ANDREA - HEY MY FRIEND.  NICE TO SEE YOU HERE.  HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD WEEKEND.

HUGS
RAINEY
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx