gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:14:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 369
Total: 369

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: INDIANA STATE FAIR INDIANAPOLIS IN FAN REVIEWS  (Read 8755 times)
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2005, 05:08:13 AM »

Day 1 - August 17th

I got up early and posted my goodbyes to everyone here, before leaving my house around 7 a.m. for the nearly 4 hour drive to Kansas City to catch my flight to Indy.
As you could tell from reading Lindsay's post, a long car drive by yourself gets kinda interesting. I listened to a Jukebox Tour cd my friend Jen made me over and over again. I called Audra (who was on her way from Toledo to Indy) and talked to her about her M & G. Finally I approached KC and put gas in my car ($2.69 a gallon!) and went to my friend Elaine's house. I was early, so I watched a little TV while she got ready. Then she took me downstairs and my friend Melissa and I signed on here and posted a little. As soon as Jana arrived, we went to KCI to catch our Indy flight. Elaine's hubby drove us there.
We had a quick lunch and met Karen (another KC Clay Fan) and a short time later boarded our plane. We had an hour long flight to Chicago and talked all the way. Then, at a hour long layover in Chicago, we met a man who said his wife loves Clay. He was headed to Indy to meet up with his family. We got his cell number and promised to call him with tickets to the concert for his wife. I checked my voicemail and found out Audra had a flat tire and was waiting for her mom or cousin to come get her, so she couldn't pick me up at the airport. We had a 26 minute flight and landed in Indy at about 5:30. We finally found our luggage and I couldn't reach Audra, so we met up with another Clay fan from the northeast and went to get her rental van. We went to our hotel (5 minutes from the hotel) and got settled in our rooms. We set up Melissa's laptop and I called Audra. No answer. Then I called the Amerisuites and talked to Woody. She said they were just getting there as well, so we could come when we were able. Later, Audra called and said she was on her way. The rest of the people at my hotel went out to eat. I sat on a couch in the hotel lobby and then a message popped up on my cell phone. Just when I went to listen to it, the lobby door opened and I heard "Meesa?" It was Audra! We hugged and went to her vehicle to go to the Amerisuites with her cousin Nicki and her sister Lauren. After a few wrong turns (we ended up in the ghetto!) we made it. Woody had told us that Clay was staying nearby, so we were excited.
We got to Woody's room and she answered the door and immediately gave me a big hug. Lots of the others were there and I recognized them. We snacked, talked and took a group pic. It was great finally meeting everyone. Then Audra told her M & G story and showed everyone her pic. We decided we wanted to go to Clay's buses, so Audra, Lauren, Nicki and I climbed into Audra's SUV and drove over there. Lauren filmed Audra and me running around and acting completely fangirly. We got pics too.  Laughing
Then we headed back to my hotel and I introduced Audra to my KC Clay Fans group. She showed her M & G pic and told her story again. Audra had to take Nicki home since she had to work in the morning, so she told me she'd meet up with me in the morning and after another hug, she left.
I went down to Elaine and Lyn's suite and Melissa and I hung out with them for a long time. We looked at JBT pics and listened to Clay cd's.
We went to bed fairly late, but were excited for our Clay day!

Day # 2 to come later .......

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2005, 08:33:59 AM »

Great reviews ladies!  I think you all have covered almost everything!  I don't know that I need to write one!   Laughing  Hopefully I'll get something down eventually...if not you've all got me covered!  Wink

It was a fantastic time and I can't wait to do it again!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2005, 02:40:36 PM »

Day 2 - August 18 - CLAY DAY! Part 1 

We didn't need an alarm. Melissa and I woke up around 7:30 to start getting ready for our big day. I logged onto her laptop and checked in quickly to see what you all were up to and then I took a shower and got ready. I decided I was not going to bother flat ironing my hair. It was going to be plenty hot!
Melissa and I headed down and ate breakfast with the KC Clay Fans and other friends who came from North Carolina and the east coast. We hurried back upstairs and went with a couple of the other ladies to Sam's to pick up snacks. Then we hurried back, went to the suites and listened to Clay and waited to hear from the rest of the Claymaniacs.
Lindsay called and said she and Alli were on their way to the fair because they had 12th row track center seats! Yipee! She said she'd call me, but as you read in her review, they got lost.  Laughing She called me back and said the tickets were gone and she'd explain at lunch and to meet up with the rest of the gang at the Cheesecake Factory. I went down to grab my concert stuff and my other roomie arrived. She said she'd go with us, so Melissa, Jaime and I headed to lunch. We got there and we had a huge group of people. Clandy had made it and I sat next to her. After we ordered Alli and Lindsay arrived. They told us about the mean ticket guy and the lady who got our tickets! 
After a wonderful lunch, Jaime, Melissa and I headed to the fair to try and upgrade Alli and my seats. We got there, I practically sprinted to the ticket booth and all they had was 17th row track center. Alli wasn't there yet, so as soon as she arrived we talked about it and decided to take those seats. I went to get them and poof they were gone! Crap!  Then a little later he said row 13 track center was available and poof those were gone too! Crap!  The lady that got the tickets Alli and I were trying to get to begin with was swarming the ticket booth like a vulture. *rolls eyes*
Meanwhile, there were "no cameras for Clay" signs on the ticket office windows. We all told the guy Clay said it was okay, but it was the before mentioned mean ticket guy and he was not exactly friendly. Lindsay kept an ear out for closer tickets and Liz chased down Mary and finally got the okay for the cameras. The ticket guy didn't believe it. (Whatever!) One of the LBFCA was selling closer seats, so Lindsay and I ran to buy them. Some lady ahead of us said she'd think about buying them but the minute she heard I wanted them, she bought them on the spot. Crap!!!  I headed back over to where our group was hanging out and finally found some Track right row 14 tickets. I bought them and Alli and I were excited. Then I found a lady selling track center row 14 seats for less than face value. I snatched those up, sold the grandstand seats to Monica and her Mom and the others to a nice couple. Meanwhile, Jacob ran by and Alli missed a chance for a pic due to a heard of 13 year olds following him. Nick came out for the M & G winners and I got a quick pic. Woody had a great time at her M & G.
Time to enter the concert .....

*More to come*

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2005, 08:02:54 PM »

Day 2 - August 18 - CLAY DAY! Part 2   shocking

Okay .... have to back up just a sec ....

We took a group pic. Imagine getting 17 people in one pic.  Laughing Lauren and Audra were AWOL, because Audra said they were lost. They made it before the concert though.

I went in the gate, got seperated from Alli when I stopped to buy a tour shirt, program and keychain. Then I made my way to our seats. Kris (claysjoy) and Alli were there talking and Kris asked me to find Krista (Fantasy) at the bathrooms. I made my way back there and never found her. I came back and saw Shaikey and Marsha in their grandstand seats and waved. Then I sat down and Alli and Krista left. I had to hold our spots, so when Woody came over and asked if I wanted to find Pat (Pat4Clay) I couldn't leave. My cameras and film were out and I was getting ready for the concert. Clandy came over and said Alli switched her seats so she could get better pictures.
Finally, the concert was about to begin. I tried to get my phone ready to call Dove, but ACK! no signal. S'von and the gang came out and asked for a quarter and my heart began to race. I was ready for a big time Claying!  Smile
When Clay finally came out, the screams were loud and well deserved. The first half of the concert flew by and Clay was sounding great! Clandy and I took picture after picture. Clay came down in the audience to pick the man for Car Wash and I saw the top of his hat. Clandy barely got to see it. The 6 year old girl in front of me kept standing on her chair. Not to be confused with the lady 3 rows ahead of us who had her arm in a brace. Her way of dancing included blocking my view. I felt like really breaking her arm, but I refrained from that temptation and focused on Clay.
Intermission came way too soon. Clandy and I deleted blurry pictures and I called Dove as I finally got a signal. We talked for a few minutes and then I hung up as Car Wash started. Clay was incredibly snarky and wonderful that night. Of course I loved every minute of it! Then came the time when he asked what we did Wednesday. I looked at Clandy and kept my mouth shut. Most people mentioned computers, traveling, etc. Then he called on a girl in a green shirt who said she went to his hotel. I laughed and said, "That's what Audra, Lauren and I did" to Clandy. I laughed and the rest of the concert went by quickly. I loved the audience particpation in "Back For More" and "Invisible". Streamers went everywhere at the end of the concert and Clandy and I decorated ourselves. I gave one streamer to Alli. I found our the girl in the green shirt that Clay talked to was Lauren! She was talking about her, me and Audra.  lmao
I met Melissa and Jaime out front and we made our way to the car. We arrived at TGI Friday's after everyone else was already there, but Jaime was tired and decided to not stay. Melissa and I sat with Lauren, Audra and their mother. We all talked and laughed. We took pictures and everyone ordered. Audra could tell you I took 15 minutes deciding all I wanted was french fries and a huge glass of ice tea. (Okay ..... 4 glasses of ice tea. It was hot and muggy at the fair and I was thirsty!)
We got our lovely framed Clay pics and JBT CDs.  Clapping Then we had the drawing for the prizes. I won a small JBT bag and then a JBT transfer in Alli's trivia game.
Audra, Lauren, their mother, Melissa and I left earlier than most of the bunch so they could take us back to the hotel. Dev and her friend left at the same time. I loved meeting Thea and getting the big hug. I hugged everyone else goodbye and we headed to the hotel. It was storming around the city (thank goodness it held off for the concert!).
At the hotel, Audra and I said our goodbyes. It was hard, because we didn't get to spend much time together. There will be more times to come soon I'm sure.
Melissa and I headed up to the suites and hung out with the rest of the KC Clay Fans and our friends. We looked at pics, discussed the concert and laughed until 2 a.m. I told them our ticket fiasco story and Janelle from Raleigh was so sweet and wanted to make sure it wasn't one of her bunch who did that to us. It wasn't but I do know where the lady who did that to us was from. We made our way to our room and went to bed since we would have to travel home the next day. We had to be extra quiet. Jaime was sleeping, because she was headed up to Interlochen early the next morning by herself. (She had a front row seat!) Melissa and I kept whispering and laughing about the concert.

Day 3 to come .....

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2005, 04:57:01 AM »

Day 3 - August 19

I woke up around 7 so I could gather things together before we had to leave for the airport. Melissa and I both got ready and headed downstairs for breakfast. I had to laugh because Jana, Elaine and I were all wearing the same Clay concert shirt.  Laughing We all sat together and re-capped the concert again. I went by the front desk to turn in my hotel key and there was a girl (probably 17 years old or so) and wearing a blue concert T-shirt. Before I could talk to her about the concert, the front desk clerk asked her about the concert. She told her that Clay's "let's his back-up singers perform too much".    I didn't talk to her needless to say and she mosied on over to her mother and grandmother.
I told my friends what she said and we came to the conclusion that she just doesn't get what Clay is all about.
Melissa and I had printed off our boarding passes the night before, so we got the hotel shuttle to take us to the airport. We went to Starbucks (strawberries and cream frappuccino) and then on thru security. The security guy jokingly said he had to confiscate my Starbucks.  Laughing Along the way to security I talked to several people about the concert, because they saw my shirt. One young couple (mid to late 20s) said they went to several NAT concerts and were sad they missed the JBT. The security guys asked about the concert too. They sure were nice in Indy!
Melissa and I went and sat in the terminal and the rest of our bunch straggled along. We also saw that Tiffany (who runs All Things Clay Aiken) was on our flight home. When we boarded, we all saved seats so the 9 of us could sit together. We shared pics on our digital cameras. The guys sitting a couple rows back saw our shirts and asked if we were the Clay gang. We laughed and gave him one of our fan club's business cards. They were impressed! Elaine also told them about Tiffany's web site. After the plane landed, we exited the plane, said goodbye to half the group and went to get our luggage.
Elaine's hubby picked us up and took us to get our cars at their house. When we got there, we got our luggage to our cars and said our goodbyes. There is nothing like a Clayventure to make you closer to your friends. I headed home, calling my friends Jen and Audra on the way home. When I wasn't on the phone, I listened to my JBT CD that I got at the post-concert party.

Sadly, my JBT Clayventure ended there. I cannot wait until JNT2 hits KC!!! I had the best time in Indy meeting my fellow Claymaniacs.  Huggles

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx