gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:06:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 375
Total: 375

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Artist's Studio  (Read 16955 times)
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2006, 01:09:57 PM »

While I'm here . . .

Another Clay and me pic to throw on the pile. Laughing Just trying a new coloring style (cell shading) with my new tablet (I love it confetti2) and yep. I love how this came out, especially since it was my first time trying this kind of coloring.

Hope you like.

The only kind of nut Clay's not allergic to
I'm so weak to his fedora wearing ways!
Quote of however long: ♥♪"How could you wait another minute? A hug is warmer when you're in it." ♪♥ ~DSIAFCD
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2006, 07:19:13 AM »

Carla, that looks really good -- and I love the colors!

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2006, 01:32:49 PM »

Carla - That's really very impressive!  I'm not sure I've ever seen a cartoon drawing convey such gentle tenderness.  I love it!  You rock, chickie!!!!   

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2006, 12:06:01 AM »

Thank you, Pamela. So glad you like the colors. Smile

Thank you, Kris! So glad you like. His arm keeps bugging me, though. It looks backwards. blink

While I'm around, here's my latest.

*CLICK*
Well, actually the lineart is from a couple months ago. Here's what I colored just the other week:

*CLICK*

Elphaba & Galinda, or Wicked Witch, Good Witch. Wink I always mix and match from Wicked and Wizard of Oz which is always fun. I think . . . I hate the background. Paranoid I'm horrid at backgrounds, and just thought I'd go all out, and yeah, just don't like it that much. I do and I don't, but, yeah . . . There should be a couple spots I should have colored more on Elphaba, but I didn't see them before I saved. Evil thing. Anyhoo . . .

Hope you like.

Carla

Quote of however long: ♥♪"How could you wait another minute? A hug is warmer when you're in it." ♪♥ ~DSIAFCD
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2006, 02:39:11 AM »

While I'm around, a drawing/coloring I did yesterday:

I was working on a background for my myspace page, and that's just one part of it. I made a wallpaper thing, actually. If you'd like to see, go on over here:

*Click here at Deviant Art for Wallpaper*

And, yes. I just wanted to do something wintery and really, what's more wintery than white and blue? Laughing I like how her eyes came out. Smile Though the more I look, the more I don't like her right ear. It just looks too flat, you know? No depth. Blather.
All done on my computer, was great fun.

Hope you like.

Carla

Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2006, 10:45:08 PM »

Well, I s'pose I'll show my latest since I haven't put anything up for a while (maybe that's a good thing to some people Laughing). I've been in such an art rut. It's really kind of crappy to tell the truth. Paranoid Laughing :

*Full Version*

Hope you all aren't sick of the Clay and me drawings. Huggles Um, well, I don't know. Laughing It's so messy. shocking I was working on a different drawing, but then I looked at my water colored pencils, and just decided I had to do something with them, and got a whole idea for it, and had to do it. Laughing I love giving people blue skin, don't ask me why. lmao I couldn't locate a brush, so I basically finger painted it. lmao His anatomy is a bit messed up with the neck and whatnot (and his face a bit Paranoid). It just looks weird how he's looking down, doesn't it? Hmm . . . I don't know. It just really does look weird. Laughing I'm kind of going on, aren't I? Well, I'm going on a bit more. Laughing

His coat got a little messed up too. Can you guess where the costumes are from? I couldn't find a pic for reference, but it's supposed to be the dancers costumes from the Season of Romance song from JNTII. Smile And, yes . . . I love the hair on both of them. Laughing
Anyhoo, tweaked a bit in photoshop, and added the background there too. Smile

Someone tell me to look away, I'm still not sure about this pic. Laughing I'll probably end up taking it down later on. Paranoid A couple of people have said it's trippy. lmao

Hope you all like. Huggles

Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2006, 11:19:12 PM »

Oh, I forgot to post this when I made it:

All this Hullabaloo

It's a montage of my art of the past year. Smile I got bored a few weeks ago and made it. Laughing And I just wanted to make a little montage to show how I've improved. Smile I think I have, anyway.

So if you're bored enough, have a look. Yes! I think it's fun.

Music is Blind Melon - No Rain. I just thought it fitting. Smile

Hope you like if you watch.

Carla Baby Dust

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2007, 10:29:24 AM »

Carla - Tired of your drawings?  Are you kidding?     I LOVE your drawings!  I think they're all great, but the ones of you and Clay are my favorite.  I'm telling you, you should look into video game or television animation.  Every time my son sees your drawings he asks me what game they're from.

Have you ever thought about doing a comic book/graphic novel?

Hey, maybe we should team up!     Do a series of children's books.  I'll write, you illustrate...  That'd be fun!

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2007, 10:39:10 AM »

Oh, I forgot to post this when I made it:

All this Hullabaloo

It's a montage of my art of the past year. Smile I got bored a few weeks ago and made it. Laughing And I just wanted to make a little montage to show how I've improved. Smile I think I have, anyway.

The montage is awesome!    Clapping  Very fun to watch and there was a lot of stuff I hadn't seen before.  You're talent truly amazes me.  You're pixies or faeries are beautiful!

Loved it - well done!

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2007, 07:05:50 PM »

Kris - So glad you like my drawings. Smile They're great fun to do. Laughing (How have you been doing lately? Been feeling better? Huggles)
Others have said I should look into animation too, and that's what I was in college for along with film (been taking a break for over a year now Paranoid), but anyhoo, yeah. I've kind of been browsing around about it, so, one just doesn't know at the moment. Laughing

I am actually kind of fiddling around with an idea for a mini series comic type thing right now. bigsmile (comic art was the first thing I was going to college for, but I like too many mediums Laughing) It's kind of an Alice in Wonderland/Wizard of Oz kind of thing that's based around my hospital time. Not exactly like Alice in Wonderland/Wizard of Oz, but it has that kind of feel in my head. Main gal (which is basically me Laughing) is transported into another kind of world, going from one place to the other, and, yes. Laughing I have some of the places in my head, and ideas for what she goes through, but it's just kind of jumbled right now, so I'm writing out some of my ideas and doing some sketches along the way. If I have something in a few months, I just may send it into Darkhorse Comics, since they publish the kind of strange and . . . fantasy comics, that'd probably be my best bet. Laughing

That'd be so fun to do something with you sometime, Kris! I've actually had an idea for a while (as said, like too many mediums as well as too many proffessions Laughing) for kind of a children's book since I started helping my niece with her ABC's. I'm just thinking if I want it to be a kind of Halloween theme (love Halloween) or just a regular kind of thing. My idea was to do an alphabet book with each page just loaded with things the letter starts with. For example, my first thing I came up with was, "Carmel candy corn can do the cancan while cautiously caroling on the colorful carousel." Kind of tongue twister things.

And I'm glad you liked the montage, it was great fun to do. Now this post is way too long. Paranoid

Carla Baby Dust

Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2007, 12:30:11 AM »

Well, while I'm around, a couple sketches.

*CLICK*

On Deviant Art, I'm doing ten free sketches, and in return, the person that requests one has to do ten themselves for who ask, and the next, and the next, and so on. It's an everlasting chain. Laughing This gal wanted an Alice in Wonderland sketch, so I sketched Alice and The Mad Hatter (I love him so Laughing). I made his head a bit bigger since he is The Mad Hatter. Laughing His legs and Alice's feet got cut off by my paper, so I may take it into photoshop and get everything back in there and color.

Second is just a ballpoint pen doodle of cartoon me. Changed the color in photoshop for a bit of a more interesting look. Thing about ballpoint pen though is you can't erase, hence why the hair is just terrible. Laughing But I really like it, was fun to do. Smile

Just some more ballpoint pen doodles. I love the kind of animal girl, even though she's not really one. Paranoid Not really a cat, or a dog, or anything and yet she has ears, a tail, and polka dots. Laughing The cartoon mes are terrible, I know. But, that's what happens with ballpoint pen sometimes. The bottom elf I don't like much, but do like the shading. And the old elf in the middle came out looking kind of like my mum. shocking Weird. Laughing

Um, let me explain a bit. Laughing (since I do anyway for all my art Laughing)
The bottom one, cartoon me and Clay. Laughing I just wanted to draw a kind of 30's feel . . . drawing. Laughing I think it's okay, not my favorite.
The top one, I was listening to an Evanescence song (My Last Breath) from her first CD, and that's what came to mind. Paranoid lmao It was the first few lyrics actually that just made me draw it:

Hold onto me, love.
You know I can't stay long.
All I wanted to say
was I love you
and I'm not afraid.

So, yes. Laughing Amy Lee's songs are probably some of the ones that give me the most kind of imagery (quite a few dark things, should of seen one I did for my art class in high school. Laughing We had to do a CD cover for one song, and I chose a song from Evanescence, and, well, it was dark Laughing I actually have it on the computer . . .). It's great fun. Laughing The top pic isn't that great of me and Clay, but it was fun. I need to start looking at Clay pics again for him, he's starting not to look like him. Laughing

Hope you all like. Smile

With love,

Carla

Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2007, 02:06:16 AM »

A couple things for the Artists Studio. (it seems to me that I'm the only one posting anymore. Paranoid sad)

*click*

Laughing These ones always make me laugh, just because they look so squishy. ROFLMAO Anyhoo, little cartoon me and cartoon Clay there. People have been liking this one (and the other one Smile). One person said that it looks like they're too chubby to reach for a kiss. Laughing That made me laugh so much, and I love that idea.
I need to fix his hair a little bit, though, which isn't too big of a deal. Laughing

Then just little cartoon me with some headphones on (I do love mah music ). It was fun to do. I'm going to ink and color these ones later on. I may do the cartoon me on photoshop (from inking to coloring, which can get long, but I want to Laughing).

And that's it for now.

Hope you all like.

With love,

Carla

Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2007, 06:26:35 PM »

Helllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooo??? *echo, echo, echo* I guess I am the only one that posts in here. Paranoid Well, here's another post from me. Laughing

*clickable!*

A witch for the beginning of October. I adore how the color came out, and just the over all pic. Smile I love moons, and I love drawing witch hats (with a witch with them, I s'pose lmao), so I put the two together, of course.

Colored with prismacolor markers if you're wondering. Smile

Hope you like.
xoxoxo,

Carla

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2007, 10:17:09 PM »

Carla,

This thread is kind of hard to find!!!   Always love all of your drawings!  Don't you have  a Halloween Clay or something like that?  Love the Halloween witch!!

I am going to post some pictures of sculptures I saw at the Modern Art Museum in Fort Worth, TX.  These are by Ron Mueck.

I just went to several sites for the sculptor,  Ron Mueck.  He has several exhibits at the Modern Art Museum in Fort Worth.  Mueck's works are huge or tiny!  Nothing seems to be normal size.  He has amazing detail to skin and hair.  Each hair is placed on one at a time!!    I've been twice and may go back again.  Here are some of his works that I was able to see in person.

This is a permanent exhibit.  The woman is only about 22 inches tall.  Very detailed including the clothes!

These two women are about 33 inches tall.

The woman in the bed is about 15 feet long.

This is a mask of Ron Mueck, the artist, himself!  ( 4 feet long)

Newborn baby about 20 feet long!

Look at this sculptured foot next to the man's leg.

Big man sitting, about 7 feet tall

Spooning couple, about 24 inches long.

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx