gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:02:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 154
Total: 154

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Artist's Studio  (Read 17026 times)
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2005, 10:03:05 PM »

Carla,

The colors are just beautiful!  I love to see your work!

Hugs,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2005, 01:45:31 AM »

Thank you, Prissy. I like showing my work if someone is willing to look. Laughing

Shhh, I switched it. Paranoid I added more shading, and made her ear a bit more pinkish/redish, since they tend to get cold too. Laughing

The only kind of nut Clay's not allergic to
I'm so weak to his fedora wearing ways!
Quote of however long: ♥♪"How could you wait another minute? A hug is warmer when you're in it." ♪♥ ~DSIAFCD
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2006, 07:55:11 AM »

Another pic, not that great, but it's another pic. Laughing

I just did this this morning, since I was kind of bored. Laughing I'd really be blushing that bad if I was that Close to Clay.  hypnotic His head looks lopsided, but it may just be because I did this with a mouse. Laughing And the extra lines kind of give it that illusion. Laughing

Since I'm here, another pic I've done. I colored it maybe a month ago, somewhere around there . . .

This one took me so long, all night, actually. shocking But I was happy with what came out, some things I still need to work on with coloring on the computer, but it looks quite spiffy.
Oh, and the one cat is holding a 'Please Help' sign because this is my character from Gaiaonline. You create your own little avatar and buy clothes and this and that for it. Well, I'm going after a devil tail, and that just popped into my head, so I sketched, inked, and colored. Confused, me too! Laughing

Hope you like Huggles ,

Carla Baby Dust

Quote of however long: ♥♪"How could you wait another minute? A hug is warmer when you're in it." ♪♥ ~DSIAFCD
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2006, 01:53:09 PM »

LADY C
WHAT A NICE SITE. I WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED TO SEE MY ETCHING HERE, THANKS.

WELL, BEING A MOM, I AM A PROUD ONE AND WANTED TO SHOW OFF MY YOUNGEST SONS ART WORK. THIS IS A PEN AND INK SKETCH, VERY DETAILED.

HE HAS A NICE GALLERY NOW IN LA JOLLY, I AM VERY PROUD OF HIM. HE IS NOW DOING A MURAL OF' " THE BIRTH OF VENUS". OF ALL THINGS. THAT IS SOMETHING I WANT TO SEE!!!!

CARLA
YOU ARE SUCH A TALENTED GIRL, EVER THINK OF APPLYING AT DISNEY????  YOU WOULD BE SO GOOD THERE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. I REALLY LIKE IT. AND I WAS AN ART TEACHER FOR MORE YEARS THAN I CAN REMEMBER AND I CAN SEE TALENT WHEN IT IS OUT THERE AND YOU HAVE IT, GIRL!!!!!

THANKS LADY C, FOR THE NICE VISIT.

LUV
JAN

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2006, 01:32:54 PM »

Hey Jan!   Huggles  How are you, sugar!  I've missed you.  I've been meaning to PM you.  (Life is chaos.   )  I don't know if you happened to read my meet & greet saga or not, but when I got to meet Clay, I gave him our Claymaniacs pin.  The one that has your etching on it.  He got a big grin on his face and said, "Hey!  That's me!"  LOL  

I thought of you and wished you could've been there to see his face.

Your son's sketch is beautiful!  The detail is incredible.  I love the colors, very serene.  His art is like yours.  It tells a story.  A small fishing village somewhere on the southeastern coast.  Looking at the palmettos, maybe South Carolina?  An older generation of people who live simple lives.  Kind of like he's captured a freeze frame from a moment in time when life was easier and morality didn't have so many shades of gray.

I dunno, just what I see when I look at the picture.  I'm sure everyone who looked at it would see something completely different.  Either way, you have every reason to be proud.  Your son is wonderfully talented.  Looks like you've shared your gift with him,

Carla - You are really and truly a very talented girl!  Have you ever considered looking into video game animation or something like that?

I'm serious.  Your characters look like they could've stepped right out of Final Fantasy or something, and yet they're very unique at the same time.  I love them.  When my little boy saw them, he asked me what game or cartoon they were from.  I told him they weren't on a show or video game, and he said, "They should be."

He's right.  They should.

And speaking of my little boy, he is a budding artist himself.  He loves to draw.  I simply cannot keep him in art supplies.  He's a 3rd grader ths year, and his teacher called last week to tell us that Chayse had done a crayon/water color picture of the solar system in class, and it has been chosen out of all the third grade classes to represent his school in a state competition!

I was so happy, I started to cry.   Laughing  His drawing is being matted and framed now and will be displayed at the Union Station (classy place, Golden Spike and all that) and entered into the contest.

I haven't been able to see it yet, but his teacher said it's quite detailed.  He drew the sun and all nine planets (which he know by heart) along with a nebula and an asteroid.  And he drew a rocket launched and en route to the moon.  I'm so excited to see it!

This is what he drew me for Mother's Day.  It's nothing out of the ordinary for a 3rd grader, but I just love it so much.

I'm nuts about the ladybug!  LOL

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 11:01:51 PM »

Jan, your son's piece is just gorgeous. I just want to keep staring at it to see what's all going on in there. Smile
And thank you for the wonderful comment. Huggles It means so much coming from you.
I've never really thought about applying at Disney. Maybe one day, though they've stopped their 2-D movies and are just doing the computer ones, so I don't really know. Laughing

Lady C, Your son's such a good little artisit. I love the lady bug too. It's just too cute. Super Happy!!! You'll have to post his solar system picture when you can. I really want to see.
And thank you for the lovely compliment too. Super Happy!!! Final Fantasy or something, goodness. I'm actually going to go into animation and film (possibly photography too Laughing) when I get back to school. I was originally going into comic art, but I thought I may like animation better. And I can take a couple comic classes along the way if I so choose. Wink
And a thank you to your son too! Laughing I always love it most when kids like my art.

While I'm here, a couple pieces I've done lately . . .

*CLICK

The Clay comic I did about his new hair. Laughing I should be a bit shorter, but it just didn't turn out that way. Laughing It's not that great, since this is the first comic I've done for a long while.

*CLICK*
Pretty quick self portrait I did. It's still pretty cartoony, but I think it's fun. Laughing

*CLICK
Cartoon mes. Laughing I was doing a bit of a storyboardish thing, and that's what came out.

*CLICK*

I've been doing Harry Potter fanart lately, and drew James and all them people. Laughing
Top: Snape, James, Lily
Middle: Remus, Sirius
Bottom: Peter, Lucius
Lucius makes me giggle, he looks cross eyes. ROFLMAO

And finally, my teddy bear gals. I've been loving drawing teddy bears lately, so I had to draw some teddy bear gals. Laughing

*CLICK*
First one I did, I just kind of wanted to do a more . . . 'techie' gal, so to speak, so this is what came out. I got the idea for her pigtails from Mai in the movie, "My Neighbor Totoro" (such a cute movie).

*CLICK*
Second one, I wanted to make her look more like a bear, so she has the hat, and the tail, and just for fun, really kick butt boots. Laughing

*CLICK*
Final one. She's supposed to be more of a teddy bear hospital gal, she has the candy striper skirt, and then the medical crosses on her gloves. And her teddy bear keeps getting booies. Laughing That's what my niece calls them, it's cute.
And I wanted to give them all big hair, because I thought it was spiffy. Wink

And I think that's all I'll post for now, I don't want to over flood the fun stuff forums. Laughing

Hope y'all like,

Carla Baby Dust

CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2006, 04:31:26 PM »

Wow, I love all of this art work.  Carla, I know you were an artist, but I never knew Marilyn had such talent!!

Mariyn:  Excellent picture of Chris!  I never new. What else are yoy hiding.

Pamela:  I absolute love, love, love the bead set.  Is this going to be your new
adventure/career??  Go for it.  People make big bucks with their jewelry making in CT.

Carla:  Great pictures as always.  You are naturally talented.

Jan:  The sketch of Clay is and has always been the best around. It's sounds like more and more people are buying your work or being put where many people can see them.  Your son's work is fantastic too.  His gallery must be loaded with people at all times.  He lives in a beautiful place and creates such beautiful pieces from it.

Lady C.  Yup, a born artist.  Tell him to keep up the good work.

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2006, 04:10:15 PM »

Hello!

It's been too long since I've been on this thread!!

Jan,
I just love your son's sketch!!  Evidently the "apple doesn't fall too far from the tree."  He certainly inherited your talent.   I believe you posted it on the OCD, too?  I'm glad, because not everyone finds their way here.

Kris,
Your son is a budding artist all right.  I love that lady bug, too.  When I was in elementary school, we were not encouraged to be creative, but to copy pictures.  I'm glad that those days are gone.

Carla!  Carla!  Carla!
You are just so amazing!  You are so talented and your use of color is just beautiful, and you know I always like your sketches.
I think that Kris and Jan have some good ideas for you:  Disney or video game animation!! 
Keep up the good work!!

Hugs,
Prissy

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2006, 06:14:28 PM »

Carla!rofl  I love the comic strip!  And I say again - you rock!

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2006, 11:11:45 AM »

Thank you Linda, Prissy, and Kris. Huggles I'm glad you all like. bigsmile

Here's a couple more I've done that are actually done. shocking

I drew this with my mouse and then colored. Took the better part of a morn and some of the afternoon for the whole thing. I think my wrist died that day. Paranoid Laughing
I am going to do another version of it actually, so more to come! Laughing I don't like the shading on the red guys face.

Just call me Cap'n Carla, scourge of the seven seas!. ROFLMAO I really like this one, it's one of my favorite pictures right now. I think I'm getting better at coloring. The eyes are a bit far apart, but I don't think it's that noticeable. Smile

That's what I'll share for now. I do have an art page if anyone would like to see more. Link's in my profile. Purple Banana Huggles

With love,

Carla

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2006, 11:16:19 AM »

Carla!!

Great work as usual!!  You are so creative!! Huggles

Hugs,
Prissy

Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2006, 08:13:52 PM »

Thank you, Prissy! Huggles

My new one from today:

It's colorful to say the least. ROFLMAO It was fun to do, and actually has a background. A simple one, but it's a background.

Hope you all like. Huggles

Carla

Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2006, 08:18:54 PM »

Another drawing, just for fun.

~*CLICK*~

Um, I saw Superman Returns the other night again with my friend Simon, and I just had to draw this. Purple Banana Me, and Superman. Tehe. ROFLMAO I wanted to do a fun perspective, so this is what I came up with. I keep thinking of the line from the first movie, "You got me?! Who's got you!?" that Lois Lane said to Superman. Hehe, I think it's fun.

Hope y'all like.

Carla

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2006, 06:01:39 PM »

LOL, Carla!  That's my second favorite line from all the Superman movies.

(The first being when Superman told Lois that her underwear were pink and she says, "Do you like pink?"  He grins.  "I like pink very much, Lois.")

Your drawing is great!  You even got the little curl on the forehead.   Laughing

You are so cool!  I cannot draw stick people!

I love tigers.  Do you draw tigers?

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

miyu
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2006, 01:30:39 PM »

Wooow, so much great art from all of you! <3

Here's one of mine: http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs11/i/2006/195/8/a/my_american_IDOL_by_totchibi.jpg

Made with pencils and charcoal. Unfortunately, my scanner killed it ;__; Closeup here: http://kadashi.net/closeup_face.jpg

And the rest of my gallery: http://totchibi.deviantart.com/

Thanks for loooking! ^^  Love!
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2006, 07:25:22 PM »

Kris, lmao I always forget about the underwear line. Laughing I love that line too. Hehe.

You gotta love the little curl. Laughing Glad that you think it's great.

I actually don't have any tigers at the moment. Hmm . . . Though I was better at realistic animals when I was in the 8th grade than I am now, which is kind of odd. Paranoid Laughing But I haven't tried drawing realism of an animal for a while. I just may have to now.

Miyu, oh, yay for Deviant Art! I have a DA account too, it's great fun. Laughing
I feel your pain with scanners. Cry! Evil things.
Anyhoo, lovely work. Love your featured work, the hair's fantastic. Super Happy!!! And your Clay drawing is just . . . yay is all I can say. It makes me happy.

miyu
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2006, 04:58:07 AM »

@ Clays Cashew : Yes, deviantART is great! It made me discover my artistic side, and now I'm in artschool :)

Scanners can be nasty little buggers! I tried to take a photo of the drawing instead... but the camera killed it too... :(

Thanks so much for looking! And thanks for adding me too! I returned the favour ;)
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2006, 05:42:57 AM »

Miyu - Fantastic for being in art school! I was going to art school too, but I'm taking a break right now. Smile

You're welcome, you're coloring's fantabulous. :grin Thank you for adding me back! I'm horrid at replying to people on my art pages. Paranoid

While I'm here, a couple pics I'll share. I adore Halloween, so I kind of go nuts with pictures each year. Laughing

Demon gal in a pumpkin patch

I'm doing links instead of my usual thumb nails since I uploaded the pics to Imageshack since they've been shrinking them down in photobucket. But anyhoo, first one. I took the demon I drew last year and put her in a pumpkin patch. :grin It's quite a few pumpkins. Laughing Notice something odd on the left side??? Paranoid Laughing I've improved quite a bit since last year.

Trick or Treat for UNICEF

Then I drew me and Clay trick or treating for UNICEF. Laughing Can you tell he's supposed to be Charlie Brown from It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!??? Laughing I need to fix his face a bit before I ink and color. Here's what we may be saying:

Clay: Why can't they donate to UNICEF instead of giving me candy bars? Don't they know I'm allergic?
Me: At least they're not giving you rocks

Laughing I love Halloween! :grin

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2006, 03:15:37 PM »

Carla,

I would like to put your Trick or Treat for UNICEF in the Trick or Treat thread.  Great work as always!!

Miyu,

It's good to see you posting here.  I look forward to more of your art work.

Hugs,
Prissy

Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2006, 10:11:39 AM »

Thank you, Prissy. Glad you think so. Smile

I'll go put the inked version of the UNICEF one in the Trick or Treat thread right now.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx