gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:16:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 175
Total: 175

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Give Someone A Clay Concert Experience  (Read 3267 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: July 02, 2005, 09:47:57 AM »

Sometimes an idea turns into something so much more than you ever expected or could have dreamed. So it was for us with this ticket donation project.

Promoting inclusion with a concert ticket seemed like a fun way of spreading the vision of the Bubel/Aiken Foundation. We believed in the generosity Clay's fans are known for, but even we were amazed by how enthusiastically they embraced this project and joined with us to make it succeed.

Between the Summer Tour 2004 and The Joyful Noise Tour, 1,667 tickets were donated and distributed in the spirit of inclusion.

With your help, we were able to work with local chapters of Best Buddies, Special Olympics, YMCA and The Arc of the United States. We donated tickets to local Ronald McDonald houses, VSA Arts, Make a Wish Foundation, TN School for the Blind, the National Technical Institute for the Deaf, the Williams Syndrome Association, and multiple local group homes and centers for independent living.

As Clay’s plans for Summer 2005 are revealed, we’re looking forward to continuing to spread the message of the Bubel/Aiken Foundation by making inclusion at concerts an opportunity for people of all abilities.

MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Invisible Touch
Claymaniac

Minneapolis, MN

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 07:37:51 PM »

When I wasn't able to sell my extra tickets for the JNT 05 concert, I decided to donate my tickets.  It was only a week before the concert but I contacted the Make a Difference people and they set it up really quickly.  The whole process went really smooth.  My 3 tickets went to an organization that helps kids with disabilities experience cultural activities.

A couple weeks after the concert I got a thank you card.  It read "Thank you for the awesome-wonderful CLAY AIKEN tickets!!  It was a blast! Thank you again." 

Emphasis was not mine!

I was so glad I was able to help some others experience Clay live!!  What a good use of tickets that would have gone to waste!

"Clay Aiken is an ordinary-extraordinary human being.  I hope we always remember to treat him as that human being rather than the idol he chooses not to be."  – Kathy Malamut (Beavers on Idol)
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx