gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:51:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 410
Total: 410

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEW NETWORK JULY 1  (Read 5230 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: July 01, 2005, 03:56:08 AM »

wave Good Morning, everyone!! wave

The Member's Corner is back!  Dianne Austin is excited about the upcoming Jukebox Tour....are you?

Put a Quarter in the Jukebox and Out Comes Clay Aiken--Live!
By Dianne Austin

Please be sure to take the survey and send it in as well!

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 03:58:15 AM »

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation announces a special fundraising challenge from July 11th through the 23rd to help raise funds to develop inclusion opportunities for children with and without developmental disabilities. During this time, we challenge individuals/groups to raisie funds and awareness for the Bubel/Aiken Foundation to make sure that all people, regardless of their physical or mental condition, are included in all of life’s experiences. In response to a “Fundraising Challenge from Clay Aiken,” Krispy Kreme, who is celebrating 50 years of fundraising, is offering its fundraising programs as an option for individuals and organizations that would like to raise funds to support the Bubel/Aiken Foundation.

TBAF is encouraging Clay fans and supporters to help raise money during the Fundraising Challenge and use the Krispy Kreme fundraising programs. Funds raised will help increase awareness and foster support for developmentally challenged children and their families. Every day, these special children face the harsh reality that they are different from their peers--but isolating them by excluding them from daily life activities because of their disabilities adds to their struggle. TBAF urges individuals to make a difference in these children's lives by opening doors and opening minds in their community--choosing to focus on similarities, not differences--and thus providing more inclusion opportunities for developmentally disabled children.

How Can You Help Raise Funds?

Form a team (or go it alone if you want to) and participate in the “Challenge from Clay” to raise money for the Bubel/Aiken Foundation.
Contact the Bubel/Aiken Foundation Volunteer Coordinator by email at tlittleton@kc.rr.com to register your group or as an individual.
Get organized by developing a fundraising plan by selecting a fundraising program and setting a goal. If you would like to use the Krispy Kreme fundraising programs, please follow the steps below:
Complete a Krispy Kreme fundraising application and contact your local Krispy Kreme or call 1-800-4-KRISPY to get started. Once approved, you may begin fundraising by using any of the three Krispy Kreme fundraising programs.
Visit www.krispy kreme.com for more information about all of Krispy Kreme’s fundraising programs and select which Krispy Kreme Fundraising Program you would like to use (Doughnut Sale, Certificates or Partnership Cards).
Divide up the responsibility among group members so that each individual knows how much they need to raise in order to achieve the overall goal. Remember the group that raises the most money will select one person and their guest to attend a concert or event where they will have an opportunity to meet Clay Aiken in person.
Go sell and keep accurate records of each fundraising event! You can start your fundraising anytime you wish and raise as much money as you can between now and July 23.
Once your fundraising efforts are complete, please mail check to the Bubel/Aiken Foundation and include your name(s) and mailing address. The individual/group turning in the most money in this effort will be invited to join Clay at a special event or concert In the event a group or an individual acting on behalf of a group turns in the most money, the winning group will be responsible for selecting an individual to be the recipient of the invitation. The actual event or concert will be announced at the conclusion of the fundraising effort. In order to be eligible for this prize, all funds will have to be mailed and postmarked by midnight July 23, 2005 to:

Bubel/Aiken Foundation
           Attn: Fundraising Challenge from Clay
           Post Office Box 90307
           Raleigh, NC 27675

BUBELAIKEN FOUNDATION

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 03:59:38 AM »

Also this summer, check out some of these shows...

Clay Aiken, Aug. 12, Meadow Brook, $23, $46.50.

EASTERNECHO

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 04:01:58 AM »

Concerts

Ohio State Fair, Ohio Expo Center, 717 E. 17th Ave. -- Celeste Center: Sawyer Brown, 7 p.m. Aug. 3; Bowling For Soup, 7 p.m. Aug. 4; Faith Evans, 7 p.m. Aug. 5, $10; Ian Hunter, the Zombies (featuring Colin Blunstone and Rod Argent) 1 p.m., Aug. 6; Grupo Pesado, 7:30 p.m. Aug. 6, $15; All-Ohio State Fair Band and All-Ohio State Fair Youth Choir Concert, 1 p.m. Aug. 7; ZZ Top, Hot Apple Pie, 7:30 p.m. Aug. 7, $25; Casting Crowns, 7 p.m. Aug. 8, $10; Clay Aiken, 7 p.m Aug. 9, $30 includes fair admission; the von Trapp Children, 1 p.m. Aug. 10; Brad Paisley, 7:30 p.m. Aug. 10, $18; A Prairie Home Companion: the Rhubarb Tour with Garrison Keillor, 7 p.m. Aug. 11, $20; United We Funk featuring Dazz Band, SOS Band, Con Funk Shun, 7 p.m. Aug. 12; Raven, 1 p.m. Aug. 13; Switchfoot, Sleeping At Last, 7:30 p.m. Aug. 13, $15; free with Fair admission unless noted; Ticketmaster, Kroger Stores; parking $5; 614-644-FAIR (3247) or 888-OHO-EXPO (646-3976).
COLUMBUSDISPATCH

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 04:03:17 AM »

From the Ideal Idol site:
DEAR DIARY

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 04:05:54 AM »

Who Is The 2005 Super Singer?
Roseville Singer Wins Competition
Five Super Singers competed for prizes including the chance to perform at the DTE Energy Theatre as an opening act for Hootie and the Blowfish. This year's Super Singer was selected by voters at ClickOnDetroit.com.

The Super Singers performed during Local 4's broadcast of The Target Fireworks on Wednesday, June 29. So, who is our winner?

Ricky Taylor
JUDGE'S FINALIST/VIEWER'S CHOICE WINNER
Hometown: Roseville
Style: Pop, Big Band, classical
First Concert: His father's band

Don't let the glasses fool you. Ricky Taylor's keen eyes are set on becoming the next Paul McCartney, Bobby Darin, Clay Aiken, or Detroit's 2005 Super Singer.

DETROIT.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 04:09:08 AM »

Kimberley Locke: Like Clay Aiken, another American Idol loser is finding out this week that not being picked as number one does not end a career. Locke has been chosen to be the new face behind Lane Bryant's Seven7(TM) designer jeans collection, which serves ladies who like to shop for plus-size specialty apparel. Locke told reporters, "Being in the public eye gives me the opportunity to show people that women who are just like me -- who are curvy, voluptuous, and have full figures -- can be beautiful, too." The new product line features designer styles for plus-size women (sizes 14-28) and will launch in Lane Bryant stores on July 11th.

TV-NOW

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 04:12:34 AM »

What a trip it's been
Diana DeGarmo, who plays The Canyon Friday, is still riding the 'Idol' wave
June 30, 2005

It's never fun to fall down a flight of stairs, but it's probably worse doing it in front of a stadium full of adoring fans. That was Diana DeGarmo's nightmare last summer during an American Idols Live show in Grand Rapids, Mich. The Georgia singer, who finished second to Fantasia Barrino in the 2004 "Idol" competition, was singing the Beyonce hit "Crazy in Love" when she got "halfway down the staircase and then fell the rest of the way.

"I guess I have the grace of a gorilla," she says.
(snip)
When the first season was on, I was kind of anti-"American Idol" because I wanted to audition, but I was too young. I remember seeing all the posters everywhere in Atlanta and saying, "Don't watch that show."

But then I became addicted to the show halfway through the first season, and I voted for (first-season winner) Kelly (Clarkson) like a fiend. I just loved her. I bought her album, and everyone would ask, "Can you sing 'A Moment Like This' for us?" and I was like, "Oh, OK" and it ended up being a really great song for me. I sing that a lot.

Then the second season, I watched very intensely, and even though I was still a little too young to audition, I cheered for Ruben (Studdard) and Clay (Aiken). They both were great.

And then when the auditions came around for the third season, I was like, "Oh yay! I'm old enough!"

VENTURACOUNTYSTAR registration required

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 04:17:43 AM »

Bo Bice Makes Chart History With First Single; 'Inside Your Heaven' / 'Vehicle' Debuts at No. 1
Thursday June 30, 3:56 pm ET
Rock Singer from Birmingham, Alabama, Tops Billboard Chart 50 Years to the Day That First Rock and Roll Single Went to No. 1
Bice Will Perform 'Vehicle' With Richie Sambora On NBC-TV's 'The Tonight Show' July 6

LOS ANGELES, June 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Bo Bice, the popular runner-up of the fourth season of "American Idol," from Birmingham, Alabama, makes chart history this week as his first single, the double-A sided "Inside Your Heaven" / "Vehicle," debuts at No. 1 on Billboard's Hot Singles Sales chart dated July 9, 2005. Bice's triumph comes 50 years to the day after the very first rock and roll single went to No. 1 in Billboard. "(We're Gonna) Rock Around the Clock" by Bill Haley and His Comets went to No. 1 on July 9, 1955, on the Best Sellers in Stores chart, kicking off what music historians have called "the rock era."

19 Recording / RCA Records recording artist Bice rewrites the chart history books as his "Inside Your Heaven" replaces Carrie Underwood's "Inside Your Heaven" at No. 1. It's the first time in the history of the sales chart that the same song, recorded by a different artist, succeeds itself at the top of the chart. Bice is the sixth "American Idol" contestant to top the sales chart, following Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken, Fantasia, Diana DeGarmo and Underwood.

Bice's debut at No. 1 was fueled by incredibly strong sales, including a No. 1 ranking at the Amazon website. With 106,000 copies sold, Bice's debut instantly becomes the second best-selling retail single of 2005. In addition to topping Hot Singles Sales, Bice's "Inside Your Heaven" is also No. 1 on Billboard's Pop 100. On the Hot 100, "Inside Your Heaven" debuts at No. 2. It is the second-highest debuting single of 2005.

"Inside Your Heaven" was written by Andreas Carlsson, Pelle Nylen and Savan Kotecha. "Vehicle" is a 1970 remake from by the Ides of March, and features Bon Jovi's Richie Sambora on guitar. Bice will perform "Vehicle" with Sambora on NBC-TV's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Wednesday, July 6. "Vehicle" was written by Jim Peterik. Both sides of Bice's single were produced by Desmond Child.

BIZ.YAHOO

Clay "is" the "News"
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 04:45:04 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

A HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO EVERYONE.  SURE WISH CLAY WAS GIVING US SOME FIREWORKS THIS HOLIDAY WEEKEND BUT HECK I WAITED THIS LONG WHAT IS 28 MORE DAYS.

I THOUGHT THAT CARRIE STILL HELD AT NUMBER 1 WITH HER SINGLE.  I AM SO CONFUSED.  WELL AS LONG AS HE DIDN'T OUTSELL MY HONEY.

BE BACK FOR MORE INFO ON MY CLAY.

HUGS
RAINEY
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2005, 04:51:29 AM »

In Put a Quarter in the Jukebox..., Dianne Austin wrote:
You know, he really does strut! I was watching a video the other day of a compilation of live concerts, and the man struts like a rooster!

He does, doesn't he? I love it! Wink

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
claydevotee
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2005, 05:46:28 AM »

Quote:
You know, he really does strut! I was watching a video the other day of a compilation of live concerts, and the man struts like a rooster!

He does, doesn't he? I love it!

Yup, the man does know how to strut across the stage, leaving behind a few hyperventilated old hens like me.  But thankfully he is a far cry from the King of Struts, namely Mick Jagger.  Maybe Clay's been watching Rolling Stones videos to refine his strutting skills????
Clayton Clayniac
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2005, 06:10:12 AM »

Maybe he's working on getting his strut perfected for the JBT!!!!!!!!!!  Lucky us!!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2005, 06:14:01 AM »

ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT HIS STRUT IS THIS OLD HEN HAS FELT QUITE YOUNG LATELY AND YOU JUST NEVER KNOW WHAT THE JBT WILL BRING.  KEEP STRUTING MY HONEY WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU.          
claydevotee
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2005, 06:47:31 AM »

KEEP STRUTING MY HONEY WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU.      

And our eyes will be on your behind, Honey!!! :goodevil
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2005, 07:00:49 AM »

MORNING ALL- THANKS FOR THE NEWS

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A HAPPY AND SAFE HOLIDAY WEEKEND!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Clara
SuperFan

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2005, 02:21:23 PM »

I found this from Clay's Official Fan Club - it was posted on the Clayboard, so I guess it's OK to bring it here:

July 1, 1005 - Christmas Tour
Routing for the second annual Christmas tour is already in the works. As soon as details are confirmed, you’ll hear about it first. The tour will likely start at least a week or two before Thanksgiving and will include stops in every region of the U.S. and possibly some dates in Canada. Seems a little funny to be mentioning Christmas in July, but it’ll be here before we know it!

To all non-members of the O-Club (like myself): if you hit this link...

clayonline.sparkart.com/index.html?noredirect=1

...you can hear Clay's voice... and play it again... and again... and again...

Love,

Clara
CLAYMATEFL
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2005, 02:27:49 PM »

Happy to see that Clay is going to spread his "Good News" to folks across the US and Canada this year.  Thanks for all the news ladies.
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2005, 05:28:00 PM »

HELLO EVERYONE,
THANKS FOR THE NEWS DEANNA & EVERYONE ELSE.
 ALSO  CLARA THANKS FOR THE INFO ON THE CHRISTMAS TOUR    

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx