gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:16:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 436
Total: 436

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEW NETWORK JUNE 27  (Read 3345 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: June 27, 2005, 01:58:02 AM »

wave Good Morning, everyone!! wave

The newest American Idol, Carrie Underwood," debuts at Number One on Billboard's Hot 100 chart the week ending July 2, with her first single "Inside Your Heaven." She becomes the third American Idol  winner to debut at the top of that chart. The show's second season runner-up, Clay Aiken, entered the list at Number One with "This Is the Night" in 2003, and last year's winner, Fantasia, came in at the top with her first single "I Believe." During FOX-TV's talent competition, Carrie Underwood drew a huge fan base with her country-flavored sound. Her version of "Inside Your Heaven" enters the Country Singles list at Number 59. Fred Bronson, who writes the Chart Beat column for Billboard magazine, feels Carrie will lose her spot at Number One next week. He reports that she'll likely be displaced by "American Idol" runner-up Bo Bice and his version of "Inside Your Heaven." Bronson writes, "If that happens, it will be the first time since the Hot 100 was introduced in August 1958 that one version of a song has replaced another version of the same song at Number One." Underwood, Bice and eight more of this year's finalists will begin their "American Idol Live" tour on July 12 in Fort Myers, Florida.

VOANEWS

Be sure to check the CALENDAR today for a quick look for what's happening today, this week, and this month!

For all the latest concert plans and info, visit the CONCERT CONNECTION!

Don't forget about the POLL thread - Vote early and vote often!  Especially for Clay on Radiomax!

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 02:03:12 AM »

A STAR 'STUDDARD' NIGHT
The Hampton Jazz Festival kicks off with a punchy performance from 'Idol' Ruben Studdard.
BY SAM MCDONALD

HAMPTON -- Audiences at the Hampton Jazz Festival can be hard on singers.

Just ask Mary J. Blige, whose hip-hop style found a cool reception at the event a few years ago. But judging from the crowds reaction at Friday night's segment of the festival, Ruben Studdard passed a tough test.

The "American Idol" star seemed to win over the audience with a mixture of funk, soul, gospel and old-fashioned entertaining skills.

"How many church folks do we have in the house?" Studdard shouted before diving into an up-tempo gospel tune. "Somebody say, yeah!"

The answer told him that he was doing just fine.

"I really loved him," said Eugene Armstead of Richmond after Studdard's set. "I saw him on 'American Idol.' So I knew he was good, but he was great."

Friday's opening night of the 38th annual Hampton Jazz Festival brought a mixture of smooth jazz chops and strong singing. While jazz artists Earl Klugh and Al Jarreau are proven festival performers, the chunky vocalist from Birmingham, Ala., had to show that his talent was real.

While Friday night's audience took a few songs to warm up to Studdard, he had plenty of support amid the Hampton Coliseum crowd of about 8,000.

A number of people said they came specifically to see the young singing star.

"I voted so much for him on 'American Idol,' I'm just anxious to see him," said 62-year-old Edith Hart of Washington. "It was a challenge for him to get where he is. And I like his attitude."

Grenda J. Robinson of Smithfield also saw Studdard on television, then fell for his CD "I Need An Angel."

"His music is mellow and very inspirational," she said. "I'm a big fan." Friday was Robinson's first visit to the festival.

She stopped by the singer's merchandise table and picked up two Ruben Studdard T-shirts - one for herself and another for her mother.

Of course, not everyone was buying what the singer was selling. "That Ruben Studdard 'American Idol' thing was a farce," complained Wesley Shaw, a retired steel worker from Baltimore. Pausing near the Coliseum's fountain before the show, Shaw said he thought Studdard didn't deserve his accolades. "They put him in there because he was fat. " The other guy "was better - absolutely."

DAILYPRESS
What other guy???!!! ROFLMAO

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 02:11:07 AM »

Idol Thoughts, June 27: Carrie Tops the Charts and Bo Keeps Winning Hearts
by Donna Reynolds -- 06/27/2005

Idol alum are making us proud as their music is showing up all over the Billboard charts. Carrie Underwood’s first single is a chart-topper, and Fantasia and Kelly are still making a strong showing. And then there’s Bo! Here’s this week’s Idol news.

Last week was a good week for Carrie Underwood. Her single, “Inside Your Heaven,” debuted at #1 on Billboard’s Hot 100 (the only chart that counts, according to Sting7!), and also took first place on the Pop 100 chart and the Top Country Singles sales chart. On the Hot Digital Tracks chart, the single debuted at #4.

Carrie joins Clay Aiken and Fantasia as the only other new artist to debut in the number one slot on this revered chart since Billboard starting allowing airplay-only singles to chart in 1998. I stand by my prediction that next week, Bo Bice will become the fourth new artist in this elite group

To read the rest of the story, all about the Idol gang, click here:
FOXESONIDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 02:16:02 AM »

The Lycos 50 Top Artists

Top 10 Most Searched Music Artists /
Week Ending: June 24, 2005

This Week Last Week Artist
7 1 Michael Jackson
1 2 Britney Spears
3 3 Jessica Simpson
2 4 Lindsay Lohan
5 5 Mariah Carey
8 6 Jennifer Lopez
9 7 Shakira
- 8 Hillary Duff
6 9 Clay Aiken
- 10 Eminem

BILLBOARD

Reminder--go "search" for Clay on Lycos:
LYCOS50

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 02:26:02 AM »

I saw a comment about Clay news being slow, so now I have a comment to make! Laughing

I have done the news for over a year now--and Clay's name is always in the news, even if it is only a mention of his name in a random article.

That alone says volumes about how big a star he truly has become.

Here is a guy who hasn't been on TV, hasn't been on tour, and hasn't had a new album for quite awhile--
yet he is still being mentioned!!!

Wait a minute--that means--
When he starts his summer tour and puts out his next album--I will have to start getting up at 3 a.m. just to get the news done!!!
Laughing

Have a great day, everyone!!
     Cookie  Cookie    

Clay "is" the "News"
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 03:41:18 AM »

Good morning Deanna...

I hadn't looked at the Country Singles airplay chart in awhile since the store around here stopped carrying the actual Billboard magazine...the last issue i have shows that chart with 60 positions. If so, Underwood debuted one spot above last at #59...that chart used to have 75 positions but for some reason they chopped 15 slots off to have it 60 positions so i don't know if it's still 60 or if they expanded it back to 75 again.

I've been guilty of saying it's been a slow news day, too...i guess i'm more chart-oriented and if he's not all over the charts, i say it's a slow news day Laughing

I was thinking about the last time i tracked R&R's AC chart...it was way back in the winter of 2004 when "Winter Wonderland" was on the AC chart.

Soon you or Pamela will be posting all of those concert reviews again...can't wait to see what they have to say THIS time around. If it's the same bunch of sour grapes doing the reviews, well, it's been awhile since i've ripped their reviews apart. Hopefully they have matured and will critique the actual concert and NOT let their opinion of a "TV show singer" or "the next Manilow" etc. etc. getting in the way of their review.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 03:52:41 AM »

Good morning M.B.!!!  Missed you this weekend!  and THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THE NEWS!!!!!  I know with the tour and CD, you won't get any rest!

Hi Jerry!  Have a fantastic day!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 05:17:49 AM »

GOOD MORNING DEANNA AND FRIENDS.

HECK A LITTLE NEWS OF OUR HONEY IS BETTER THAN NONE. YOU ARE SO RIGHT MY FRIEND.  REST UP BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO BE ONE BUSY LADY.  MAKE SURE YOU SAVE SOMETIME FOR THE CHRISTMAS CONCERTS THOUGH.  IT WON'T BE THE SAME WITHOUT YOU.  STILL ANXIOUS TO SEE WHAT BO'S SALES ARE SO DON'T LET ME SWEAT ON THAT.  

HOPE TO CHECK BACK LATER IN THE DAY OF COURSE.  HECK IT GETS ME THROUGH A WORK DAY.

HUGS
RAINEY AIKEN
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 07:42:14 AM »

Good Morning Deanna,

You have and still continue to do a great job
bringing whatever you can find about Clay.
I just hope you get some help in the next
months that are to come because it's going
to get crazy.  You need your sleep!!  We
want to keep you healthy!!!  The thought
of it even makes me tired!   I hope
you are having a good summer.  How
is the new job going??

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 07:45:03 AM »

I HEARD A GRATUITIOUS CLAY MENTION ON THE RADIO STATION THIS MORNING
APPARENTLY q104.3 HAS A BUMPER STICKER THAT, IF IT IS SPOTTED, YOU GET PRIZES.
THEY HAVE A COMMERCIAL, AND THE DJ PULLS OVER A CAR WITH THE Q104.3 BUMPER STICKER- THEN YELLS AT THE GUY BECAUSE HE HAS A CLAY AIKEN ROCKS BUMPER STICKER RIGHT NEXT TO IT. HE STARTS BEATING UP THE GUY SAYING- NOW YOU ARE DISQUALIFIED BECAUSE YOU HAD ANOTHER STICKER NEXT TO OURS!!

THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY THAT OF ALL PEOPLE, IT WAS CLAY'S BUMPER STICKER!!!!

THANKS FOR THE NEWS AND HAVE A GOOD DAY.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
clayistheway
Claymaniac

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 08:32:24 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8133771/

Going nutty

Chris Pizzello / AP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clay Aiken is apparently allergic to nuts. And mushrooms and coffee and mint and chocolate and shellfish. But especially nuts.

A very detailed, 10-page concert rider posted on SmokingGun.com, stipulates that the American Idol runner-up doesn’t want nuts.

“VERY IMPORTANT – NO TREE NUTS OR ANYTHING TOUCHING TREE NUTS MAY TOUCH THE PLATES,” it reads. “This is truly very, very serious.”

Then it gives a list of the other no-nos, for example, the bottled water must not be Evian.

\"When was the last time you looked at a young person with a disability as someone who could help you as opposed to someone who needed help?\" -- Clay Aiken
The amazingly talented, sexy young man who is Clay Aiken!!!!!
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005, 01:15:30 PM »

THANKS FOR THE NEWS---I APPRECIATE ANY TIDBIT YOU CAN GIVE ME ON CLAY.

TAKE CARE EVERYONE,
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
claytonsmyccf
UltimateFan

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2005, 01:16:55 PM »

Teen People August 2005

featured in a quiz:

How tall is Clay?

scan of it
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/avies02/magazines/clayteenpeopleaugust2005.jpg

~kimmy~ I saw clay 8-27
julie and JJ your our unique angels
FINALLY LEGAL!!!!
"... And they are funny mozzarella balls!"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2005, 02:24:24 PM »

Hi Jayne!! Hi Jerry!! Hi to my best buddies from CT, also!!! ( and Mass) Wink

Thanks Marilyn, clayistheway, and claytonsmyccf for the news.

Actually, I can't wait to Clay goes on tour and puts out his next CD.

To be honest, the news is easier to do when I don't have to search so hard for it. Laughing

And I just love tracking the sales numbers!!! Numbers are my favorite!!! lmao

Clay "is" the "News"
houstonclayfan
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 03:03:16 PM »

Clay's O-fficial Fan Club site was launched today  
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx