gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:22:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 347
Total: 347

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WE SUPPORT OUR TROOPS  (Read 4342 times)
Michael
« on: June 25, 2005, 06:37:09 PM »

I would like to premise this post by saying that this is in no way politicizing the current events in the world.  It is simply to say thanks and remind us who the REAL hero's in the world are.  Last year as Independance day approached in the United States I posted these two Flash movies.  I think it is appropriate this year to repost them for all to see.

LET US NEVER FORGET

Until Then

We Support You

The 2 above links require the FLASH MEDIA plug in to play.  Internet Explorer has this by default so all you need to do is simply click on the link.  If it does not work for you,  email me at Michael@claymaniacs.com and I will be happy to help.

wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 07:40:34 PM »

Those two movies remind us of the price of freedom.    

All who serve are heroes and deserve, at the very least, our support and gratitude.

Michael - Thank you for your efforts in keeping things real.

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 06:07:22 AM »

I can only hope all of our American friends know how we Canadians stand beside you and care about you!!!!  We never forget!!!  Michael, thanks for these links, it truly does keep it real!!!
Sharon

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 08:36:57 AM »

Michael, thanks so much for reminding us of the sacrifices so many have given for our freedom, and who are still fighting for that and for the freedom of others.

I was born in England, but I was so proud when I became an American by choice.

This country and the people in it generate so many positive feelings, and I thank God that I am now part of it.

My prayers and thoughts go out to all of the military and their families, and I pray they will all come home safe soon.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 01:39:46 PM »

Thank you Michael!

I just spent the afternoon with my family on Mr P's side, as his birthday is tomorrow.  We all got together to eat (of course) and visit.

My nephew is in Iraq right now. Ramadi, to be exact - a volatile and dangerous place eschewed even by Hussein's regime when he was in power.  

Anyway, my sister in law hadn't heard from my nephew in nearly three weeks; the longest period of silence from him since he's been there, about a year.  Needless to say, he was on our minds today as we were all together.

In the parking lot of the restaurant, her phone rang, and it was him! She told him to call back in twenty minutes and we all came back to our house.

While there, he called back and we all passed the phone around and spoke to him.  He sure does have some stories to tell, and we always encourage him to tell them, no matter how bad they are.  It's better than keeping them inside where they may torture him in nightmares the rest of his life.

He said it was 120 degrees there, and when they are in full body armor it adds another 20 degrees.  He said they saw the new Star Wars movie on DVD a week after it hit theaters here in the states!  They watch lots of DVDs and play video games and eat all the candy we send them when they aren't working or on missions.

They have their departure dates, but he isn't allowed to tell us when he's coming home.  But he said it would be "soon."  I can live with that.

Just thought I would share.  Thanks again Michael!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 03:07:11 PM »

Pamela - I'll keep you nephew in my prayers.

Michael - Thanks for posting this.

My cousin was in Iraq from Sept 2003 to Sept 2004 and is now in the National Guard (he was active duty army stationed in Fort Riley). I know several people here have military family members at home and overseas. Audra's (STLClaycrazy) brother is going overseas this summer and I know it will be hard on her.

My prayers for our military and their families. It is never easy to be away from family.  

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 01:36:51 PM »

Michael,
Thank you for posting those links. The movies were beautifully made, and they touched my heart. A friend of mine came home from Iraq, but sadly, did not survive. I hope that he understands how much he was loved. And still is.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
dudley5
Enthusiastic

CLAYS RAY OF SUNSHINE And OFFICIAL BODYGUARD

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005, 06:20:48 AM »

THANK YOU MICHAEL -

I HAD NEVER SEEN THESE BEFORE.....

AND AS A MOTHER OF A SON THAT JUST GRADUATED FROM THE AIR FORCE OFFICERS TRAINING SCHOOL LAST MONTH......AND NOW IS IN FLIGHT TRAINING FOR THE AIR FORCE TO BE A PILOT FOR THEM.....IT MAKES IT EVEN MORE REAL......WHAT OUR SONS/DAUGHTERS ARE DOING FOR OUR FREEDOM HERE IN AMERICAN THE LAND OF THE FREE AND THE BRAVE.....
hotwaxonclay
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 08:29:52 AM »

I am grateful that I don't have any loved ones in the service right now. I don't know what I'd do.
Its hard having our troops there under the circumstances...I keep reminding myself to Support the Troops...they are the ones who need it most.
I will keep all of your loved ones in my thoughts, as I wish them nothing but safety and guidance in this time.
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2005, 08:16:44 AM »

A close friend of mine just briught her daughter in to her home  to stay with her. She is pregnant with a 4th child and her husband is on his 2nd tour in IRAQ. She also lost her brother on 9/11 We are always there to support her and the family. Living so near  ground zero  seeing it often enough and remembering the people we knew who died that day  keeps it real as well. Their  families will never be the same.Thank you Michael for the reminder,, It is important to reflect  on what all these kids are doing and what their families are going through..(Prayers to your neph, Pamela)

We live in an amazing land.... Many have paid the price to insure our freedom and way of life. I feel proud that both my Dad and my husband served.No matter what side of the political aisle you sit, these kids  who are doing it now deserve our prayers and respect.

Happy 4th of July to all!!

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2005, 11:31:46 AM »

Thought you all might enjoy this picture. This was taken in one of the hangers at Fort Riley (KS) last September when my cousin came back from Iraq. These are signs and banners supporting our troops.

Click to make big!

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

Brett and Clay's Lil Freshman College TCC Girl!!!

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2005, 05:12:32 PM »

micheal
good topic
lets support out troops and pray 4 brett (clayz brother)

god bless
lata
kat.

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
In loving memory of Debi <3
Got Clayed on 7/7/07 in Tulsa
TCC Class of '12
Be Smart and be ABOVE THE INFLUENCE and NOT UNDER
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2005, 05:39:35 AM »

As the wife of an active duty Navy guy  and the sister-in-law of an active duty Marine, thank you for that.

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
dance4clay26
hi
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2005, 04:58:21 PM »

Support our troops and pray for them and for Brett Clays brother.

Melanie    
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx