gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:12:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 144
Total: 144

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK NOVEMBER 17  (Read 8197 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2003, 02:01:28 PM »

From Clay's TRL Street Team email:

20 Questions With Clay!

Q: If there were a holiday in your honor (i.e. Clay Aiken Day), what would it celebrate?

A: volunteerism

Good answer Clay!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2003, 02:02:39 PM »

The poll and the article were up last night BEFORE Clay won. I don't they've gotten around to updating their site.

cjrmax THANK YOU.  Hopefully this is the case.  Otherwise, I just want to run screaming from the room.   Laughing:
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2003, 02:15:59 PM »

Quote from: liney23
I have a question?  I have just gone to ABC.com and FOX.com and in their coverage of the AMAs, they list everyone who won an award EXCEPT Fans Choice/Clay.  Does that not qualify as a music award and therefore not worthy of their notice?  What a bummer!!  Anyone reading for who won would not even know Clay won anything.  What the hey?

I have noticed this.  But, for example, look at this site HERE.

No mention of Clay except in the title and the list of winners.  But whose picture do they use for their story?  Why Clay of course.

Laughing:

OH and here's another one. Nothing in the article, but the picture is CLAY.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2003, 02:24:46 PM »

Clay Aiken Wins American Music Award

Raleigh's Clay Aiken had a successful night at the American Music Awards.
Aiken not only performed for the awards show in Los Angeles but he also won an award.

The “American Idol” runner-up was a nominee for Favorite Male Artist for a Rock or Pop Group and the Fan's Choice Award.

Excited fans watched the awards show at the Raleighwood Cinema and jumped out of their chairs when Clay won the Fan's Choice Award.

“He's a wonderful example for today's music scene,” said fans Charlyne Rich and Marlou Hall. “He's going to turn the whole world around musically. We are going to go back to lyrics and some good values. That’s right."

Other AMA winners included Luther Vandross, Kid Rock, 50 Cent, Faith Hill and Justin Timberlake.

RDU NEWS LINK

If you click on the link, guess what?  Yes, it's another poll!  GAH!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2003, 02:33:59 PM »

Jokes about everything from the Kid Rock-Pam Anderson-Tommy Lee (news) triangle to a tired quip about Ruben Studdard's weight were among Kimmel's better bits, and even an appearance by the Smothers siblings--who had to tell the much-younger crowd why they are famous--garnered more laughs.

In fact, two of the night's best quotes came from AMA winners:

"I'm not used to winning anything," said Fan's Choice winner Clay Aiken. "I'm kinda used to second place."

And from Kid Rock, who climbed the stage with libation-on-the-rocks in hand: "I always wanted to win something. My first option would have been the Lotto..."

Speaking of Rock and Aiken, the two were among the broadcast's few highlights. Kid Rock's cover of Bad Company's "Feel Like Makin' Love"; Pink's acoustic version of "Trouble"; solo and duet performances by American Idols Studdard and Aiken; and Sheryl Crow (news)'s smooth cover of "The First Cut Is the Deepest" were all crowd pleasers.

Among the lowlights of the show, which, overall, felt like MTV Video Music Awards-lite: Ashanti as the poor man's Beyoncé in a meant-to-be-titillating performance of "Rain on Me" (with real rain!); Hilary Duff (news) as the poor man's Gwen Stefani (news) with a stilted medley of "So Yesterday" and "The Girl Can Rock" (we beg to differ--she can't); and Kimmel, as the poor man's Chris Rock (news), flubbing his own punchline during one attempt at a joke.

LINK
liney23
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2003, 02:38:23 PM »

Pamela, that makes me feel a little better, but I went to ABC, since the show was on that station; and FOX, since they were the AI station and was just shocked that Clay was not mentioned in either one (unless my eyes deceive me).  

But, I am still flying high that he won and tho it wasn't his best performance ever, it was good enough (especially that h-e-l-d note that boggled my senses).

By the way, I love this site, it is my favorite.  You guys do an outstanding, joyfilled job here.
cassms
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2003, 03:15:35 PM »

Did I read that right?  Lynda Loveland will have a tour of Clay's new house on her piece on WRAL on Tuesday morning?  Hate to be greedy, Pamela, but is there any chance this piece will be available for download?  That would be fabulous if possible!!!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2003, 05:34:43 PM »

Hate to be greedy, Pamela, but is there any chance this piece will be available for download? That would be fabulous if possible!!!

My mission in life tomorrow, since I will be at work, is to search the Internet high, low and sideways to find that elusive download.  So never fear, it will be here!  

Laughing:
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2003, 08:29:16 PM »

Clay Aiken, who won the Internet-voted fan's choice award, was particularly appreciative of the legion of admirers he has won since taking second place in the second "American Idol" competition. "I didn't expect to be up here, I'm kind of used to second place," he joked before admitting, "I've been amazed at the support of the most amazing fans across the country."

BILLBOARD
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2003, 08:31:38 PM »

From another message board - heads up LA people!

For all of you who live in los angeles i think i have some good news for you. my roommate is helping to coordinate some world children's day activities where we live (not la, sad to say) and she tells me clay is going to be part of the ronald mcdonald house charities event in los angeles this thursday and after visiting kids at the house will go to a mc'donald's and work the counter with the other celebrity who is there (i think it is jessica simpson) david foster will be there who should love clay (produces josh groban's stuff) so since i am new to this posting thing..(only posted a few times) i did the true fan thing and asked WHERE!!!! and guess what..she told me.....he will be at the mc donalds at 4166 melrose avenue...all the tv stations are coming..should be very cool. all we get in our city are some football players and the local news anchors..boring...if i lived in la...i would bring signs, wear t shirts, show clay some love..especially after last night.so the visit to the store is open to the public...a certain percentage of the sale of certain foods goes to RMHC so they will want to sell you some fries or shakes...just like clay isn't it to be focused on something like this right after winning the AMA!!! can he get any better? oh by the way..she said it is okay to post this..the more attention to the work the charity does the better.

LINK
playingclay
Claymaniac

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2003, 09:35:33 PM »

I wonder if you can have Clay "to go".
Instead of a big Mac, a big Clay. Heck, skip the fries. Laughing:
I'm no where near LA   :(

Love my clayshake---warm milk and a couple of scoops of vanilla icecream....especially at bedtime.
Keeper of the wind to blow the shirts up.
outthereforclay
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2003, 10:13:18 PM »

oh what the hey! super size that 8)
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx