gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:42:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 351
Total: 351

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE GREAT CLACK DROUGHT OF AUGHT FIVE ('05)  (Read 6026 times)
outthereforclay
« on: June 15, 2005, 12:22:10 PM »

THE GREAT CLACK DROUGHT OF ‘AUGHT FIVE’ (’05)

by Amy Lee

~~~~~~~~
Here’s the thing about being a Clay Aiken fan.

Sometimes it hurts.

Right now, many of us are hurting. Of course, we’re always hurting for one reason or another, if only from the cruel assault of his beauty---his eyes, his smile...the VOICE.

But in times such as these---Clackless Times---the hurt is more vicious. The absence of all things Clay, real-time Clay, is borderline inhumane. We mourn together. We bemoan our plight. We try to comfort each other with resurrections of prime clack from our various vaults and we relive concert and Clayfriend experiences again...and again.

It’s all good.

Not quite good enough, though, is it?

I really am NOT one of the more frantic fans whose posts on the message boards make me feel somewhat uneasy. I’m not losing sleep over when Clay’s CD is going to finally give all the release party planners a firm date to plan around. I’m not losing weight (dang it all) because I can’t eat from worrying whether or not Clay’s going to sing a song with a reference to God in it. I’m not even worrying when he might finally ‘wake up’ and reappear on my teevee with short/long hair and short/long sideburns, with/without glasses and wearing/not wearing a tee shirt under his striped/plaid shirt(s).

When Clay does grace us with his countenance again in real time, I will do what I always do: my heart will fill up, my ears will perk up and all my worries will fade away...again.

Because if there’s one thing I KNOW about Clay, it’s this: the man never disappoints.

He might surprise us. He might shock us. He might make us roll our eyes or elicit a few ‘tsk-tsks’. He might cause some squirming (for better or worse reasons), or groaning (ditto). He might very well bring about some heart palpitations and/or screaming. He most likely will create new fodder for endless discussions on ‘the boards’---both erudite and infantile back and forth about anything and everything. He might even say or do something to make some of us ‘give up’ for the umpteenth time because that something isn’t what we think is best for him and/or his career.

Whatever.

But here's that thing I know about him again. Clay will be amazing. In some way or another, he’s always amazing, isn’t he? I mean, think about it.

He sold out concerts singing songs from a CD that, although a great seller, got yawns and dismissals from all the ‘experts’. And he rocked our socks off at those concerts.

He did the unthinkable and said ‘buh-bye’ to the hallowed American Idol machinery that ‘made him’ and did so with class and dignity and an unforgettable ‘neener neener’ lipbite as he sang, “I’m free and I’m on my way!” on national television...in front of all the Simons and God and everybody.

He rolled up his shirt sleeves (a generous shoutout to all the furry forearm loving fans, no doubt) and walked amid the evidence of the darker side of nature’s majesty in Bandah Aceh and made us weep with love as we watched him dance and sing with the survivors of this version of the Earth’s cruel cleansing.

Clackless Times? I don’t think so. I don’t even have to close my eyes to bring back that one picture of the little brown fingers sweetly drifting on the pale skin of Clay’s neck as he held a little boy who still hoped for a good life amidst disaster.

Then only months later, he rolled up his sleeves again to sort beans with victims of a darker disaster---not the cyclical devastations that nature causes, but the inhumane travesties we humans wreak on each other. Maybe his experience being the victim of cruelty from others when he was younger helped prepare him for what he witnessed in Uganda, but...then again, most likely not. In that desperate place he saw true and unreal human hatred and the unholy effect of pure evil on the children he so cherishes.

My heart broke for him and his children. He returned though, not defeated, but determined to ‘fix it’---maybe with a new song or another eloquent plea to our lawmakers.

And with those simplistic but hopeful promises of Clay’s resolve---that way he walks the talk and DOESN’T save it all for Christmas Day, but vows to DO something---to actually DO something when something needs to be done---even if it’s only one freckly-faced man trying to change the world, we discovered that the impossible was true; we could love him even more.

He sat in the front row, chewing gum and wearing sandals (a generous shoutout to all the long-toe loving fans, no doubt) on American Idol, graciously clapping and standing for this year’s crop. And he stood by both the machinery and one of its machinists when both it and she came under attack.

Whether we agreed with him or not, we loved him for his loyalty and steadfastness. We hoped for such a friend in our lives.

It doesn’t really matter, does it? How long he takes a nap, away from our prying eyes and wagging tongues? To real fans of Clay Aiken? I mean, what are we going to do, after all?

We’ll wait.

For that voice again and his smile on our television...his wink...his wit. We’ll have our fingers at the ready on our 'Record' buttons and over our keyboards. We’ll buy our airplane tickets and make our hotel reservations. We’ll curse ‘ticketbastard’ and lament over the unfairness of the ticket brokers getting richer while our bank accounts get thinner. We’ll swarm over the hapless retail outlets when his CD drops and we’ll leave our marks on unsuspecting venues that had the smarts to book that Clay Aiken guy this year for the first time.

We’ll continue to scour the news for any news of Clay Aiken—oh, a possible sighting at a dry cleaners? Nah...not a dry cleaners. Not Clay. Maybe a Krispy Kreme joint, though.

Maybe I shouldn’t say “we’ll” wait. Because to read some of the posts on the boards, one might get the idea that some of ‘us’ have just about had it with Clay insisting on (and succeeding at, I happily add) some privacy and semblance of a personal life for a few months.

Whatever. It’s all good.

Because I don’t for a moment think that Clay will do anything but what he’s going to do---with or without any of ‘our’ approval. He’ll talk to us when he has something he wants us to know. He’ll sing to us when he’s ready to give us a new song. He’ll perform for us and knock our socks off again this summer making old songs new again.

They'll become Clay songs---just like all the other old songs that have been lost for the original peformers---lost forever to THE VOICE.

And we’ll love it. Because we love him. The voice, the entertainer, the humanitarian, the man...Clay.

Sigh.

So...how many Jukebox Tour concerts are YOU going to?

copyright 2005 A.R. Lee
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 12:31:09 PM »

Ms. Amy, you have done it again !!! Not Worthy  Not Worthy  Not Worthy  Not Worthy Not Worthy  Not Worthy  Thank you  !!

And by the way, I'm going to 4    How about you ??

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 01:07:38 PM »

WOW  Amy!!!    I just spent the afternoon drooling over some DVD's that AdoringClay sent me, so your article really hit home again! He is something else and I'm so proud to be a fan whatever he does, wears or sings. After all in the grand scheme of things what will matter in the long term - a sophomore CD (as much as I'm looking forward to it) or the difference he's making around the world with his heart, his character, and his integrity. Thank you!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 01:17:42 PM »

I LOVE THIS ARTICLE!     you are right - we will wait, and the wait will be worth it! I'm only going to one concert, but I'm driving 1200 miles to do so!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 02:32:48 PM »

AMY, AGAIN YOU ARE THE VERY ELOQUENT VOICE OF REASON. I AGREE WITH EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOUR POINTS. WE WILL WAIT- BECAUSE IT IS WORTH THE WAIT. I HAVE NEVER EVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED IN WHAT CLAY HAS DONE. EVERY TIME WE HEAR SOMETHING OF HIS PHILANTHROPIC VENTURES, MY HEART SWELLS WITH PRIDE- BECAUSE WE FEEL INVESTED IN HIM. WE HAVE WATCHED OUR LITTLE CHICK GROW AND EXPAND AND VENTURE OUT ON HIS OWN WINGS- AND WE ARE BEHIND HIM EVERY LEG OF THE FLIGHT.

AS I HAVE POSTED BEFORE- CLAY IS WRITING HIS OWN STORY HIS OWN WAY- AND TAKING US ALONG ON HIS JOURNEY. IT IS VERY EXHILIRATING!

I DONT FEEL HE OWES ME ANYTHING- BECAUSE HE HAS GIVEN ME SO MUCH, WHICH INCLUDES THE PEOPLE I HAVE MET THROUGH THIS SITE-BUT I KNOW HE WILL RETURN MY INVESTMENT A HUNDRED FOLD BY JUST SINGING TO ME.

AND I AM GOING TO 6 CONCERTS *sigh

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 02:47:08 PM »

Wow, great message.  I nodded in agreement all the way thru and this is my first post!!!!!!  And you are so right in that he never disappoints us!!

I have tickets to 3 concerts!!!!!

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 03:10:07 PM »

Thank you Amy.   I agree 100% on everything you said.  I'm not worried about a thing and I love everything that Clay does and any style of music he sings. I know the tour and the album will be worth the wait. I miss him but I understand and accept why we can't hear from him everyday. He deserved to rest and I know he's busy right now with practicing for the tour and finishing the album. I know he's going out there on tour for the fans as a treat to us and I love him for that. I bet he'll everywhere again when he promotes the new CD. So we'll be ready when he's ready cause we are devoted to him and love him for what he is and everything he does. I'm going to 2 concerts. Wolf Trap in VA and Merrillville, IN.   Thank you again Amy for saying what I have been thinking.  

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 03:26:28 PM »

Ah Amy, my dear outthere friend, you are so eloquent, I so miss your posts, beautifully written, articulate and so much substance!!! Love you lots babe!!! Hug

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Clay's Ladylove
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 03:33:09 PM »

Hi Amy And Friends! wave I'm Going To 1 Clay Concert In August On The 16th.       I Can't Wait! Clay Has Never Been To Toledo, Ohio Before. He Will Enjoy It At "Our" Toledo Zoo Amphitheatre! And We Are Going To Enjoy Having Clay Here Performing For Us! Clay You Rock Baby! I Love You Clay And God Bless You! Have A Nice Evening Everyone And Clay! Only 62 More Days Until Clay's Concert At The Toledo Zoo Amphitheatre!     Go Clay!   Bye! wave

Hugs, Peace, Love, And Many Blessings,

Julie

Clay's Redheaded Princess And Angel! Angel

Clay Aiken: Idol Found, Game Over! THE LOVE OF MY LIFE AND MY ANGEL Angel IN THE NIGHT AND DAY!
Clara
SuperFan

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 04:00:10 PM »

WOW, Amy!!!!!

Excellent.

Just excellent.

And, to answer your question:

I'm going to all the concerts... :puppydog I can get clack of.  help (Can you hear me sob??)

This fan from Argentina has no other options, IF she doesn't want to lose her job/parents' and boyfriend's trust/reputation for being almost normal/mind.

Thank you so much for this wonderful gift of a post!!

Love and  Huggles

(Pathetic) Clara
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 04:11:00 PM »

AMY, AMY, AMY !! :colors

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU !
WE FEEL IT AND YOU FIND THE WORDS TO DESCRIBE IT ! Yes!

AND, YOU ARE RIGHT.    
CLAY WILL NOT DISAPPOINT US!     Music  :clappy

Whew!

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Clayhottiefan007
Enthusiastic

Brett and Clay's Lil Freshman College TCC Girl!!!

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 04:25:47 PM »

hey amy
that is AWESOME!!!!  
lata
Kat.

Kat. Huggles
DHS Class of '09
In loving memory of Debi <3
Got Clayed on 7/7/07 in Tulsa
TCC Class of '12
Be Smart and be ABOVE THE INFLUENCE and NOT UNDER
cjrmax
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 04:51:37 PM »

Amy, my dear, dear friend......................

Have I told you lately that I love you????  

That was beautiful.  Just beautiful - and just what I needed.  I feel so much better now...................... :flirt

Although, I must admit I am anxiously awaiting the drool-fest and frequent um, er, shall we say undergarment changing (I am trying to be couth here!), that is sure to accompany the inevitable cup runeth over of Clack!  Drool

Ooooo!  I gat all tingly just thinking about it!  Think I will go watch Clay thrust like an experienced stallion in some great Clack I just received................  
claydevotee
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2005, 05:26:52 PM »

AMY, you are truly a class act!   With this essay you have provided for so many of us a balm to soothe our lack-of-Clack-torn hearts and an elixir of new-found love, admiration and yes, lust for THE MAN!!!

Thank you!
Ms. Hip Shake
SuperFan

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2005, 06:29:04 PM »

Amy.......I feel like you looked inside my mind, read it, and wrote out all of my thoughts.  You are a truly remarkable writer and Clay fan.  That was simply beautiful, my friend.

BRAVO!   :clappy  And, thank you......

Love Hippy  

Peace out, fandom.  Thanks for the memories.  Goodbye.
Clayforlife
UltimateFan

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005, 07:09:15 PM »

OMG, Amy, you brought tears to my eyes and left me speechless!  I hope this story spreads hard and fast (pardon the pun), to as many message boards as possible.  The word you shared needs to get out.....it's never been more well spoken.  Bravo! Clapping

Carolyn
gagran
Claylicious

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005, 08:13:54 PM »

Just a beautiful essay Amy.
You are such a talented writer.
gagran

I really admire clay's interest in and knowledge of disability issues. I also admire all his other"assets"!!

In loving memory of my "neighbor" jj
ILClaymate
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2005, 08:46:46 PM »

Amy ~ great article/essay!  Very nice job and a great reminder for us all during this drought.

Thanks for sharing it with us!
Claystexasmom
Claynewbie

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2005, 09:06:52 PM »

I just found some new Clay pins: They look great...
See them at allthingsclayaiken.com
and one at clayaikenworld.com
and one at measureofafan.com

I am sad.Clay is not coming anywhere near Texas.. I will just have to wait a little longer.
Claystexasmom :      
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2005, 04:50:09 AM »

Amy - you took the words right out of my mouth - except I didn't know how to say them, but you did - beautifully!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx