gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:13:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 204
Total: 204

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEW NETWORK JUNE 11  (Read 3582 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: June 11, 2005, 03:31:13 AM »

wave Good Morning, everyone!! wave

More 'Idol' chatter: Aiken CD due in fall; DeGarmo leaves RCA
Friday, June 10, 2005
If you're anything like me, you wonder from time to time if anyone pays attention to what you do every day. Since you are reading this column, it probably seems obvious to you that people pay attention to what I write - but sometimes I wonder.

No longer, though. Last week's article convinced me that Sound Bytes is most definitely being read. Not only is it being read, but it's being posted to Web sites and forwarded to people on the other side of the country!

Last week I wrote about past "American Idol" finalists who have gone on to do some form of Christian music. Well, apparently, die-hard "Idol" fans search the Web for articles related to their favorite contestants and then spread them around.

I'm happy to report that last week's column made it to both Diana DeGarmo and Clay Aiken's fan sites. From there, the e-mails came pouring in. I received messages from all over the place, including Texas, Georgia and even Canada! I learned a ton of new stuff about the artists and the show, so I thought I'd pass on some of the news.

Aiken has a new CD coming out this fall, and he is planning to include several Christian songs on the album. Aiken has already performed "Kyrie" on "The Jimmy Kimmel Show" and says the song will most likely make the new project. Several Christian artists (Mark Schultz, East to West) have covered that song since Mr. Mister made it popular back in the mid-80s
(snip)
After releasing her first full-fledged album in December, DeGarmo has been released from her contract with RCA Records as of a few days ago. They didn't ask her to leave; she asked to be let go. This is just speculation, but with her uncle being Eddie DeGarmo (current music producer and formerly of the Christian group DeGarmo & Key), you've got to wonder if he's pulling some strings in the Christian arena for her. We'll see.

I fully realize two "American Idol" articles in a row may be a little much for you to swallow, so I hereby promise to abstain from writing about the show or its contestants for the rest of the year - unless something really interesting happens before then ?or I happen to come across CTV.

HUNTSVILLETIMES

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 03:32:04 AM »

CLAY AIKEN

“American Idol” runner-up Clay Aiken will play at 8 p.m. Aug. 5 at Koka Booth Amphitheatre at Regency Park in Cary, N.C. Tickets cost $27.50 to $50.

THESTATE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 03:34:45 AM »

iMac G5: Updated all-in-one faster, better, cheaper  
Product Review by Ken Mingis

JUNE 10, 2005 (COMPUTERWORLD) - Six months ago, Mom's Macintosh was in trouble. Her aging Power Mac G4, coupled with a dimming 17-in. Apple Cinema Display, was slowing down. One of the FireWire ports didn't work (I later found out it was just dust-filled). And worst of all, she was running out of room for all her Clay Aiken pictures, tunes and videos.

COMPUTERWORLD
Galadriel

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 03:36:04 AM »

CLAY AIKEN: 7:30 p.m. Aug. 23; Star Plaza Theatre, Merrillville; $45; 219-769-6600 or 312-559-1212

FORTWAYNE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 03:37:57 AM »

Geiger and Gramm Rock Lilac Fest
by Jim Aroune and Matthew Biondic
Published May 20, 2005
Rochester's Lilac Festival rocked into homestretch at Highland Park.

Homegrown rocker Teddy Geiger of Pittsford sang and played for folks on the ESL Lilac stage. The McQuaid high-schooler is completing his first album for Columbia Records.

Geiger's family said he attended his prom last weekend in Victor. Geiger is set to begin touring with Clay Aiken.

RNEWS
clayistheway

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 03:44:42 AM »

Interesting new poll:
Ratings and interest in "American Idol" remain strong at the end of the show's fourth season. How much longer do you think the show can continue to be popular?
1-2 seasons
3-5 seasons  
6-10 seasons
Indefinitely

Cast your vote:
BILLBOARD

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2005, 03:59:16 AM »

Morning M.B.!!!  I hope you have a super Saturday and thanks for the news!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

houstonclayfan
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2005, 04:55:57 AM »

Aiken has a new CD coming out this fall, and he is planning to include several Christian songs on the album. Aiken has already performed "Kyrie" on "The Jimmy Kimmel Show" and says the song will most likely make the new project. Several Christian artists (Mark Schultz, East to West) have covered that song since Mr. Mister made it popular back in the mid-80s

The fall?           Hope its true!
Kyrie ?!   :woo  

Thanks Deanna!  
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2005, 05:59:00 AM »

DEANNA - THANKS FOR THE NEWS.  WOW THE FALL AND SOME CHRISTIAN SONGS AS WELL.  VERY INTERESTING.  HOPE ALL IS WELL AND REALLY MISS YOU.  WE MUST GET TOGETHER IF NOT THE SUMMER TOUR THE CHRISTMAS TOUR.  PROMISE.
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2005, 06:19:17 AM »

DEANNA, THANKS FOR THE NEWS--IT IS GOOD TO SEE CLAY'S CD IS STARTING TO POSSIBLY,  TAKE A DIRECTION      

I WILL BE BACK FOR POSSIBLE UPDATES.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY EVERYONE!!

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2005, 07:21:04 AM »

Hey guys!  I'm heading out the door for my vacation, but I had to stop in....couldn't help it.  Someone sent me this, which I thought was...funny.

CLAY ON QVC

Also, that superMAC described in that article above?  That's my friend Celeste in Raleigh!  Her son wrote that about her computer.  Yes, I've seen it...yes, it's amazing!  A huge screen, full of clack.  We call her house "Clay Central."

Laughing

Have a great weekend!  wave
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2005, 08:03:57 AM »

One more item of interest...or discussion.

Rapunzel Unbraided

Project Phase: In Production
Genre: Animated Feature
Film Studio: Walt Disney Feature Animation
Company: Walt Disney Pictures
Release Date: 2007

Directed by
Glen Keane

Writing credits (in alphabetical order)
Josann McGibbon
Sara Parriott

Cast (in credits order)
Kristin Chenoweth .... Rapunzel (voice)
Reese Witherspoon .... Claire (voice)

Original Music by
Jeanine Tesori (songs)
Clay Aiken (songs)

Casting by
Jen Rudin

Other crew
Virginia Perry Smith .... assistant production manager: story

Screenwriters: Adam and Melanie Wilson
Written by Adam Wilson, Melanie Wilson

Magical Ears is an unofficial Disney fan site & was established June 22, 1996.  All information on this site is unofficial, and has not been confirmed. This site contains news and rumors, that may not be officially confirmed, and should be treated as speculation.

MAGICAL EARS.COM

Funny thing, to be so busy while on "vacation!"  I'm on vacation right now, and I intend to do as little work as possible! Laughing
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx