gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:19:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 401
Total: 401

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HOW DOES YOUR GARDEN GROW?  (Read 316812 times)
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1940 on: May 13, 2009, 08:13:30 PM »

Monica,

Beautiful yellow lilies!  Love the closeups.   That is a very nice bed you created, too.   I know you are enjoying seeing the baby geese.  What are they called?  Goslings?   Don't Know

Hug

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
aikenismyidol
Enthusiastic

LML! <3

« Reply #1941 on: May 13, 2009, 09:14:10 PM »

Not sure, That sounds right.

Huggles love you

RisenAshes7@gmail.com
DONT FORGET ME

Miss you Debi, JJ, and Julie
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #1942 on: May 19, 2009, 07:11:42 PM »

Here is a sample of my flowers ....

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1943 on: May 20, 2009, 09:13:33 AM »

Welcome to the Garden Thread, Meesa.  Beautiful pictures of , I believe, irises, and a pink rose.  I hope we will see more of you around here!  Hug

KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #1944 on: May 20, 2009, 09:43:41 PM »

You will! I've always lurked here but never posted in this thread. My irises all seemed to bloom this year. I'm hoping to get more colors planted for next year. And my pink roses are just starting to bloom. They're right by the front door.

M Sis - Love your flowers! I know you have been working hard on them.  Huggles

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
dudley5
Enthusiastic

CLAYS RAY OF SUNSHINE And OFFICIAL BODYGUARD

« Reply #1945 on: May 23, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »

I HAVE BEEN GATHERING PHOTOS OF MY FLOWERS FOR AWHILE BUT WAITING TO POST UNTIL SHIRLEY COULD SEE THEM AS SHE REQUESTED THESE SO BEWARE....I HAVE ALOT....

dudley5
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1946 on: May 23, 2009, 10:19:38 AM »

PINK KNOCKOUT

MY EVER BLOOMING IRIS

dudley5
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1947 on: May 23, 2009, 10:26:43 AM »

THIS IS MY ROSE SHRUB AND A DON JUAN THAT HAVE BEEN FLOODED UNDERWATER TWICE THIS YEAR AND HAVE DROPPED THEIR LEAVES BUT KEEP ON BLOOMING...

ANOTHER DON JUAN

dudley5
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1948 on: May 23, 2009, 10:38:17 AM »

YELLOW KNOCKOUT ROSES THAT JUST FINISHED BLOOMING WITH WAVE PETUNIAS IN THE SAME POT

ONE OF MY MANY BIRD FEEDERS HANGING AROUND THE YARD

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1949 on: May 23, 2009, 11:29:14 AM »

Dudley/Linda,

Clapping

I feel like I've been on a garden tour.  Your flowers are lovely;  so many roses and hibiscus and irises, too.  I really like what you did with the curved edging.  We had some around our trees in front, then made the circle bigger and used pave stones.  Now I have an idea what to do with the curved edging.  I especially liked the bed you made with several curved pieces!!

This is my favorite of your pictures,  I love the peach colored gladiola? with the deep red flowers around it!!  (If our sweet Debi were still here, she would love this picture...and all the others, too!)

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1950 on: May 23, 2009, 04:07:39 PM »

LINDA, thanks so much for posting your yard and letting us enjoy all your flowers.  I can tell you have been working your fannie off as I didn't see one weed in  your yard.  Like the way you used the edging in some of the flower beds also like the flowers on the fence.  Lucky you having all those blooming roses, my favorite flower and mine keep dying here with the severe winters.  I see  you have tons of potted flowers, don't know how you can take care of all of them.  Loved seeing t he Don Juan roses they look like velvet even on the computer screen !!!!!!!!!!! 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
lucrezianoine
Claymaniac

Member of the Caffeineholic Anonymous

« Reply #1951 on: May 23, 2009, 05:08:07 PM »

Dudley~I see you have a hydrangea! I love hydrangeas. Love your garden too. We can tell you put a lot of work in your garden.

I had lots of potted flowers myself last year but after I got pregnant, I was not able to take care of them as much as I could and they all dwindle away So hopefully when I get the time I'll make my way to Lowes or Home Depot and pick up some new flowers to plant and enjoy this year.

DH and I are in the process of making the yard more presentable as well. Just like how you have all that red mulch surrounding your roses, that is how we'd like to do with the border our backyard by the fences. Its going to take work and who knows when we'll get it done. I may look into having a landscaper who won't charge an arm and a leg fee to do it.

Jules

Sing badly if you must, but sing
Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1952 on: May 25, 2009, 09:00:16 AM »

Frankie:  I will  miss Debi here also, I just went back and looked at all her posts...    Graet flowers Frankie....  When i was in Hawaii we toured some gardens  they had Chocolate Orchids they did smell like chcolate to. 

Prissy:  is your pond done.....?    I feel like ive been on a garden tour also... it was a great tour...

Linda:  great pictures of your gardens.

Monica:  love all your flowers.

Meesa:  love all your irisis.

Cant wait for some flowers to bloom my peonies are getting ready to open soon.

Sasha

Liz, JJ and Julie our CLaymaniancs Angels
Supporting Clay 100%
Offical member of the RBT- I miss my rbt buddy
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1953 on: May 25, 2009, 11:19:09 AM »

wave

I have been away from this thread too long.

Monica, Meesa, and Jules - good to see "New Blood" here  Clapping

Linda - I love all of your flowers, but like Pepe, I enjoy your roses the most!

Prissy - I saw your greenhouse in the OCD thread - I'm looking forward to your getting it up and running. You will enjoy having it so much.

Jo - as I told you privately, "Your" hibiscus are up about 2 feet high and are full of buds - I'm looking forward to their blooms so much. As with everything here, we are watching the bugs - they eat everything!  Paranoid I knew that debi had a type of cancer that most people do not survive - I was just praying that she would be in the 5% who could beat it. I had Lewis plant extra Okra in the garden this year so that debi and Carol could make more Santa ornaments - I think about her every time I walk into the garden. I bet she has a beautiful garden where she is now. My little orchid plant is still putting out new shoots, but it has still never bloomed!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #1954 on: May 27, 2009, 08:04:11 AM »

Hi, everyone. I didn't fall of the face of the earth!

I love all the pictures of the flowers and gardens.

Linda, I can't believe that you have gladiolas blooming already. Here in NJ we just planted them about 2 weeks ago. We have to lift them in the fall as well as Calla Lillie's and a few others. I stopped buying plants that have to be lifted in the fall.

My peonies are blooming so, Sasha, yours shouldn't be far behind but the weather in the northeast has been so stinking rainy and cold.

I made an impulse buy and bought sunflower seeds because they reminded me of Debi and planted a few. Norm saw the packet of seeds and planted the rest of the pack.

His vegetable garden is planted. He will put in a third planting of green beans and corn next weekend. We finally decided on our surprise crop for this year...potatoes. They will go in next weekend also. So many of our surprise crops are now planted every year like pumpkins, corn, carrots and watermelon. Zucchini, Mellon's, acorn squash and a few others never were planted again because they took up so much room for the yield or because they were so inexpensive in the stores.

I have my one tomato in a pot on the deck as well as rosemary and flat leaf parsley. I have enough so that I can start clipping some to dry for the winter months.

Tim took two tomato and one pepper plant back to Philadelphia to start his first garden. We also gave him some root blast to mix in his soil. He called and asked how to plant them. He never paid one bit of attention growing up. He knows how to pick everything and how to water because he watered the garden a lot growing up but I reminded him that he did have to water.
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1955 on: May 27, 2009, 03:05:11 PM »

MARY, so good to see you.  I haven't been posting much due to health problems but I sneak in here when I am doing my lung treatment until my husband catches me on the computer.   Laughing  We are having 20 degree below normal temps with highs only in the 50's, you can't grow anything in weather like that.  To think I waited all winter for this!!!     I have grown potatoes when we lived in Tennessee for a while and I think it is the most fun thing to grow.  After the plant flowers and the vines start dying back than the fun begins digging with a pitch fork for those wonderful potatoes that taste wonderful. 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #1956 on: May 28, 2009, 10:37:03 PM »

Pepe, I've had asthma all my life and my lung capacity is only about 30 percent of normal so I know what you have to endure.

With watermelons you have to wait until the vines start to die back before you can pick them but I didn't know about potatoes, so thanks for the heads up.

My lilly of the valley and allium have come and gone, peonies are in bloom and the roses and delphinium are almost ready to bloom.

My tomato has blossoms!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1957 on: May 29, 2009, 01:17:18 PM »

wave

Mary - our potatoes are almost ready to dig! The plants began blooming this week, so the vines will soon die, and the potatoes will be ready. (Lewis  dug a few already to cook with the English peas).

I have been cutting grass all day - just finished, and took a few photos. Click on photos to enlarge:

Carol - I am looking forward to seeing  the vegetables you are growing in pots. Lewis put two posts in the ground, since  most of our trees have no low branches, and hung pots of tomatoes and cucumbers from the bar on top of the posts:

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1958 on: May 29, 2009, 01:33:23 PM »

The "No Fun At All" part of gardening - we have lost 3 huge trees so far this Spring ( and hurricane season begins this Monday  Paranoid ). We spent Memorial Day working on the first tree - we finally took a vote and decided to wait until the kids and friends are here to help with the large trunk that is left:

The very best part of our house remodel - the deck. I have never been able to really enjoy my plants before - now I can sit and enjoy them - not just see them when I go out to the greenhouse to water them. Lewis gave me the patio furniture for Mother's Day/Birthday/Anniversary  Laughing

This year I planted ornamental grass, begonias, and wave petunias in my double flower pot:

As anyone who grows herbs knows, they really grow a lot - last year one little sprig of oregano dropped into this pot from my herb garden - it is on the coffee table on the deck this year. I need to cut some and freeze it to use later:

Assorted plants that I brought from the greenhouse:

There is a dogwood tree just off the deck - I built this little flower bed around it - with impatients and spider plants:

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1959 on: May 29, 2009, 01:39:18 PM »

When I walk out of our bedroom and look left, I see the garden. It is really not a large garden, but it produces a lot of vegetables. There are also pots of tomatoes hanging beneath the pear tree (I hope the pear tree gets some dead limbs trimmed this weekend!):

And when I look to my right, I see the patio, which may get finished some day!:

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx