gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:40:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 358
Total: 358

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Got Questions About Clay or Claymaniacs? *ASK THEM HERE!*  (Read 90865 times)
houstonclayfan
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2005, 04:25:26 PM »

Quote from: clay_enthusiast
Last year Clay was on pbs for the July 4th celebration in Washington , D.C..  I believe it was said that he was also invited to another one but chose to go to the capitol one.  Does anyone know if he will be part of any July 4th celebration this year?

A 4th of July appearance has not been announced to my knowledge.  I would LOVE one though!
Invisible Touch
Claymaniac

Minneapolis, MN

« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2005, 07:09:45 PM »

Anyone know who sang "Always and Forever" before Clay sang it for his audition in Atlanta?  I hadn't ever heard it before Clay sang a little part of it.  I liked it and would like to hear the whole song.

"Clay Aiken is an ordinary-extraordinary human being.  I hope we always remember to treat him as that human being rather than the idol he chooses not to be."  – Kathy Malamut (Beavers on Idol)
sjlogghe
SuperFan

Clay's Geography Tutor

« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2005, 06:05:24 AM »

Quote from: Invisible Touch
Anyone know who sang "Always and Forever" before Clay sang it for his audition in Atlanta?  I hadn't ever heard it before Clay sang a little part of it.  I liked it and would like to hear the whole song.

Hey Molly!  wave

As far as I know, Always and Forever was sung first by a group called Heatwave.  It is an R&B group that apparently started awhile back, when vinyl records were still around.  I guess I haven't heard of anyone doing a remake of the song - until, of course, OMC did a mini-remake of the chorus.  And oh, what a wonderful remake that was!!!  The words of the song are really sweet, but I'm not a big fan of Heatwave's version.  Of course I'm a little partial, and think Clay would do much better with it!!

Here are the lyrics to the song:

Always and forever
Each moment with you
Is just like a dream to me
That somehow came true

And I know tomorrow
Will still be the same
Cause we've got a life of love
That won't ever change and..

Every day
Love me your own special way
Melt all my heart away
With a smile

Take time to tell me
You really care
And we'll share tomorrow together
I'll always love you Forever

There'll always be sunshine
When I look at you
It's something I can't explain
Just the things that you do

And if you get lonely
Phone me and take
A second to give to me
That magic you make and..
Every day
Love me your own special way
Melt all my heart away
With a smile

Take time to tell me
You really care
And we'll share tomorrow together
I'll always love you Forever

Faith is the substance of all things hoped for . . .
Invisible Touch
Claymaniac

Minneapolis, MN

« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2005, 08:47:29 PM »

Hey Sarah!!

wave

Thanks so much.  The lyrics sound a little familiar, but I still am not sure that I have ever heard it.  I have now doubt that Clay's mini remake was bettter, seeing as how I always like Clay's version better of any song he sings.

Thanks Again!

"Clay Aiken is an ordinary-extraordinary human being.  I hope we always remember to treat him as that human being rather than the idol he chooses not to be."  – Kathy Malamut (Beavers on Idol)
clay_enthusiast
Clayamateur

« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2005, 08:50:07 PM »

To add to the previous answer on Always and Forever, Luther Vandross sang the song a few years ago.  It was very good I have it on CD and really enjoy his version.  He is the singer that some people compared Ruben to during AI 2.  Unfortunately he had a severe stroke a couple of years ago .  The last song he had out on the radio that I know of was
Dance with my father again.  If you can listen to his Always and Forever.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2005, 10:07:13 PM »

To add to the previous answer on Always and Forever, Luther Vandross sang the song a few years ago.  It was very good I have it on CD and really enjoy his version.  He is the singer that some people compared Ruben to during AI 2.

Speaking of Ruben, he recently performed at the Hampton Jazz Festival.  He performed songs by Marvin Gaye and Luther Vandross.  Yes! That's what I want to hear Ruben sing, so I hope he's loving it too.  On AI, I always wanted Ruben to sing "Me and Mrs. Jones."

Not very "family friendly" but hey.

Thanks for the info!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2005, 10:37:19 PM »

Does anyone know if he will be part of any July 4th celebration this year?

No, but Kimberley Locke will be!

Hosted by veteran actor and singer Barry Bostwick, the concert will feature performances by some of the world's best-known musical artists, including Grammy Award-winning Latin music star Gloria Estefan, iconic pop group The Beach Boys, Emmy and Golden Globe award-winning actor Jimmy Smits, Emmy nominated actress Sharon Lawrence recently seen in the hit series Desperate Housewives, recent Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame inductees The O'Jays, renowned tenor Ronan Tynan, billboard chart-topping classical crossover artists Il Divo, and American Idol's Kimberley Locke.

PBS.ORG
sjlogghe
SuperFan

Clay's Geography Tutor

« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2005, 06:30:31 AM »

To add to the previous answer on Always and Forever, Luther Vandross sang the song a few years ago.  It was very good I have it on CD and really enjoy his version.  He is the singer that some people compared Ruben to during AI 2.  Unfortunately he had a severe stroke a couple of years ago .  The last song he had out on the radio that I know of was
Dance with my father again.  If you can listen to his Always and Forever.

Hmm, I didn't think that was the same song.  I downloaded a song that claimed to be Luther Vandross's Always and Forever, and it wasn't the same words at all.  Maybe I downloaded the wrong version or something, I'll have to go look for it again I guess!!

Faith is the substance of all things hoped for . . .
tlb
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2005, 02:27:20 AM »

I have a question....I read somewhere that Clay possibly wrote a couple of songs way before AI. Is there any fact to this or is this a rumor?
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2005, 02:43:10 AM »

Diane Bubel was quoted as saying that Clay had shown her a couple of songs he had written that he had stored on his laptop, back when he worked with Michael.

This was an early interview done with her when she was asked about encouraging Clay to audition for AI.  The interviewer was asking how she knew Clay could sing.  She said she had heard him sing and then mentioned the songs.

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
tlb
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2005, 06:19:16 PM »

OK I just heard Clay singing a song on radiomax..."She said yes" is that a new song? I never heard of it before...I loved it!!
houstonclayfan
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2005, 06:25:20 PM »

Quote from: tlb
OK I just heard Clay singing a song on radiomax..."She said yes" is that a new song? I never heard of it before...I loved it!!

Its one of his demo songs before AI.
tlb
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2005, 06:27:21 PM »

Thanks!! Is there anyway he may rerelease it?  :hmm
houstonclayfan
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2005, 07:07:25 PM »

Quote from: tlb
Thanks!! Is there anyway he may rerelease it?  :hmm

Probably not, but you can download it at allthingsclayaiken - its under MP3s and demos.
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2005, 06:54:36 AM »

I HEARD IT FOR THE FIRST TIME A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO WHEN JILL SENT ME SOME STUFF FROM THE DEMO I NEVER HEARD BEFORE.  I, TOO, LOVED IT.  HE COULD PUT A SONG LIKE THAT ON THE PHANTOM CD ANY TIME.  LOVE IT.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
cjrmax
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2005, 07:16:37 AM »

YUCK!  I hated "She Said Yes"!  Too twangy country schmaltz for my taste!  I think I could go into insulin shock just listening to it!!!  I also think the tune is too plodding and the lyrics inane!

But that's what makes horse races!  There is a song out there for everyone to love (or hate)!
claydevotee
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2005, 02:23:50 PM »

There is a song out there for everyone to love (or hate)!

CHRISTIE:  And could it be that the song you most love begins with a T and ends with an H????
clay_enthusiast
Clayamateur

« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2005, 06:11:14 PM »

Anyone know how long Clay and Kelly are still tied to Simon Fuller?  I noticed that on Clay''s last  c. d.  I believe the  S  was on it for Simon Fuller .  But the 19 was not on it.  I think that Kelly's latest album still has the 19 and the S on it.  When will Clay finally be completely free of AI?  I thought it was last May.  But that must have been management only.  What about Kelly?  ALso believe I saw 19 and S on CLay''s official website the last time I was there a while back.   THANKS
houstonclayfan
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2005, 06:21:44 PM »

Anyone know how long Clay and Kelly are still tied to Simon Fuller?  I noticed that on Clay''s last  c. d.  I believe the  S  was on it for Simon Fuller .  But the 19 was not on it.  I think that Kelly's latest album still has the 19 and the S on it.  When will Clay finally be completely free of AI?  I thought it was last May.  But that must have been management only.  What about Kelly?  ALso believe I saw 19 and S on CLay''s official website the last time I was there a while back.   THANKS

It is believed that they are tied to 19 E (and Simon Fuller) for a certain number of CDs, but that number has never been revealed to my knowledge. I think Clay is free from their management, but may still owe them a percentage from his CDs. Maybe he only needed to do two for them and the next CD will be his alone.

Does anybody know ?  Great question!
Invisible Touch
Claymaniac

Minneapolis, MN

« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2005, 09:34:45 PM »

I'll start this off by saying that I have never met Clay or had anything signed by him, but I recall from reading stuff on the boards that during the Independant Tour Clay (at least some of the time) was signing "All My Love, Clay Aiken" and I can't remember if it was the '04 Summer Tour and/or the Joyful Noise Tour that he was signing (at least some of the time) "Use Your Voice, Clay Aiken".  

Does anyone know how else he has signed things for fans?

(I have no idea why I am curious about this, but my mind always tends to wonder about strange things where Clay is concerned!)    Good thing the JBT is about to start!

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx