gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:11:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 263
Total: 263

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Got Questions About Clay or Claymaniacs? *ASK THEM HERE!*  (Read 90785 times)
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #260 on: January 06, 2008, 07:20:55 AM »

Prissy,
I am trying it out here and see if I have the same thing.
Even though I wrote a small post, I could see the whole thing in the preview.
Then I typed a long nonsense post and was able to preview the whole thing then, too.
Please try again and let us know what you see.  I am not having the same problem. 
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #261 on: January 07, 2008, 07:41:57 AM »

Woody,

On the previous page, my last post, I hit modify and then preview to see it, and all that came up was the first line, Hello!  So, it is still happening.  I can hit spell check and see my whole post, but not preview.  I am having to post without getting to "preview" and check a post.  So that's what I'm doing.  Then I just check the post and modify it if I see any mistakes.

(I just hit preview for this post before I hit post and all I can see is, Woody.  Paranoid

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #262 on: January 08, 2008, 04:48:23 AM »

Prissy,
I just tried it again and it is working for me.  Why don't you ask Clandy.  She has access to things that I don't so maybe she can look into it further and see if she can figure it out.   
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
clandy
« Reply #263 on: January 08, 2008, 11:15:36 AM »

I'm going to test this not as an admin and see if I am having the same problem.

I've not heard of anyone else having trouble.  scratch

testing

Paranoid
clandy
« Reply #264 on: January 08, 2008, 11:18:42 AM »

Prissy ~ I just tried this out and was able to preview the whole message.  What browser are you using (IE, Mozilla, etc)?  How long has this been going on?  I'll check some other settings and see if I can find anything else.
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #265 on: January 08, 2008, 02:56:49 PM »

Clandy,

I am using Safari!  This has been going on for several weeks.  I can preview my whole PM in messages, but in the forum when I write a post and hit preview, only the first line will appear and there is a white box after the single line on the right margin!

I am making do by posting and then checking my post and modifying it when I find mistakes.

ILClaymate
« Reply #266 on: January 09, 2008, 09:28:16 AM »

Prissy ~ my guess is that it may be a browser issue.  I've never used Safari (don't have a MAC..yet!) and I'm not sure who else does to see if they may be having the same problem.  I'll run this by Michael and see if he has any advice and I'll let you know.
Clanderson
SuperFan

Always a Star

« Reply #267 on: January 10, 2008, 12:14:41 PM »

I have a question about a montage I just viewed, its a new one. The singer is Mel Carter and the song is "Hold me, thrill me kiss me"
The bio beside the montage gives a history about the song, when it was written, who recorded it and when. At the bottom it says Clay Aiken sang this song during his American Idol appearances. I do not remember him singing this then at all. Am I wrong?
Here's the montage. It's a beautiful song.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vl5ME1Drl1Y

Bev

Bev-   Proud Claynadian Claymaniac
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #268 on: January 10, 2008, 12:50:05 PM »

BEV I DON'T REMEMBER HIM SINGING IT ON AI BUT IT IS ON HIS DEMO'S IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
ILClaymate
« Reply #269 on: January 10, 2008, 02:33:12 PM »

Hi Bev.  Like Glory said, I can't remember if he sang this on AI but it was one of his demos.  Here is the download if you'd like to listen.  I love it!

http://download.yousendit.com/BA56EE8F2E973512
franniek54
« Reply #270 on: January 10, 2008, 03:17:58 PM »

Clandy,

I am using Safari!  This has been going on for several weeks.  I can preview my whole PM in messages, but in the forum when I write a post and hit preview, only the first line will appear and there is a white box after the single line on the right margin!

I am making do by posting and then checking my post and modifying it when I find mistakes.

Prissy ~ Have you tried the spell check feature?  What does that show for you?
Clanderson
SuperFan

Always a Star

« Reply #271 on: January 10, 2008, 05:19:04 PM »

Thank you Glory and Clandy. I was pretty sure I would have remembered him singing that on Idol. He should have though, he does an amazing job on it, just beautiful. That used to be a favorite of mine.
 Huggles

Bev-   Proud Claynadian Claymaniac
ILClaymate
« Reply #272 on: January 13, 2008, 07:20:07 PM »

Clandy,

Prissy ~ I checked with Michael and he suspects that Safari isn't completely compatible with our messageboard software that we use unfortunately.  This probably just started with one of our recent updates since I know you had been using this feature in the past.  Sorry I don't have a better answer for ya!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #273 on: January 15, 2008, 08:40:03 PM »

Thanks, y'all!

Franniek,
I am able to use the spellcheck most of the time.  Just can't see a preview of a post;  only previews in the messages/PM section.

Clandy,
Safari must be the problem.  Sometimes I have trouble getting the site to come up when other sites I have bookmarked come up very quickly.  I can live without previewing a post.  I'll just keep previewing after I've posted and use that modify button!

goodnightmoon
« Reply #274 on: February 15, 2008, 01:20:01 AM »

Hello everyone, I joined way back in 04, but i'm such a bad message board person i haven't signed on in ages :( I wasn't sure where to ask this question but i figured here would be allright, sorry if it's not. So I have three of his albums, Measure Of A Man, Merry Christmas with Love and A Thousand Different Ways. I was looking through the discography on here and I sooo want to hear all of his songs now bigsmile Can someone tell me if they are available to buy or how do you get a hold of them? thanks a bunch!
also is he really afraid of cats?  Laughing
ILClaymate
« Reply #275 on: February 15, 2008, 06:28:23 AM »

wave Hi goodnightmoon.  Most of the rest of his songs would be his demo songs which he did before AI2.  You can download them at clackunlimited at the link below.  You will see 3 different folders for his 3 different demo albums.  Click on one of the folders and then you will see a listing of all the songs.  Right click on the song you want to download and click on Save file as... and save it to your computer.

CLACKUNLIMITED - EARLY DEMO TRACKS

The only other songs would be from his Christmas EP 'All is Well'.  You can download that from iTunes.com.  It was a special limited release found at Walmart for a short period of time.
goodnightmoon
« Reply #276 on: February 16, 2008, 02:08:15 AM »

Thank you sooo much!!! I've just watched all of his appearances on Kimmel on youtube, now i can't wait to go and listen to all of his other songs!!! you've made my day!!!
goodnightmoon
« Reply #277 on: February 18, 2008, 03:27:56 PM »

Another question, for the audio book for Learning to Sing did Clay read the book or is it someone else? I was thinking about buying it, also does anyone know whats the best place to buy audio books online?

sorry if it's a stupid question Don't Know
4aiken
Claynewbie

« Reply #278 on: February 18, 2008, 03:32:48 PM »

Yes, Clay himself reads the book.  I was at the Chicago booksigning and stood in line for 6 hours to have his book and audio book signed. It was well worth it.  I'm not sure where the best place would be to purchase it however.

Can't put my finger on it
ILClaymate
« Reply #279 on: February 18, 2008, 06:12:36 PM »

Not a stupid question...thanks for asking.  I had to go looking for it to see where you could find it now.  It looks like Amazon.com now uses audible.com for all their audio books (or maybe their older ones).  Here is the link to Clay's LTS:

AUDIBLE.COM - LTS
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx