gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:46:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 464
Total: 464

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Got Questions About Clay or Claymaniacs? *ASK THEM HERE!*  (Read 90600 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2005, 07:13:15 PM »

Quote from: tlb
Hi! I am usually over at the BLPT and I have a question. Does anyone know which concert and/or which song Clay would be singing in my lovely avie?

Tammy, that's an excellent question.  Could be Charlotte or Raleigh solo tour, although he wore that shirt a lot.  But his hair is just nearly perfect, so I'm thinking Raleigh.  But that's just a guess!

Super Happy!!!

Quote from: ClayObsessed
Last year Clay sang for 19 Entertainments 19th year celebration.  I think it occurred at Prince Albert Hall in London.  At the time, I heard he sang a Gershwin tune, but never heard which one.

I'll take this one.  Michael Orland confirmed in an interview (or was it a fan chat?) that Clay sang Gershwin's "They Can't Take That Away From Me."  

One of the most unfortunate things in Clay history is that there is absolutely no audio or video of this performance.  In fact, I believe this is one of only two performances that we don't have a record of.

And that's just sad.    Cry!
ClayObsessed
Claycrazy

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2005, 08:38:46 PM »

Quote from: Pamela

Quote from: ClayObsessed
Last year Clay sang for 19 Entertainments 19th
year celebration.  I think it occurred at Prince Albert Hall in London.  At
the time, I heard he sang a Gershwin tune, but never heard which one.

I'll take this one.  Michael Orland confirmed in an interview (or was it a
fan chat?) that Clay sang Gershwin's "They Can't Take That Away From Me."  

One of the most unfortunate things in Clay history is that there is
absolutely no audio or video of this performance.  In fact, I believe
this is one of only two performances that we don't have a record of.

And that's just sad.    Cry!

Pamela,
Thank you for that answer.  It is both satisfying and terrible at the
same time.  Gershwin is my favorite composer and I would so love to
hear Clay sing any of his tunes.  But, to know that we won't get to ever
hear it, is so sad.  You'd think they would get the message by now that we
need all of his music.

BTW, what is the other performance we do not have a record of?

...shirl

HEAVEN has arrived at the Joyful Noise 2005 Tour Nov 8th
I kissed Clay's cheek
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2005, 09:31:30 PM »

OKAY ALL YOU LEARNED PEOPLE

THE MONTAGE ADDICTED--AT 1.07 AND AGAIN AT 3.23 THERE IS AN ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR CLOSEUP OF CLAY AND HIS EYES (THUD) AND I BELIEVE IT IS A SOLITAIRE PERFORMANCE

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHICH ONE???

I JUST HAVE TO HAVE THIS CLIP- ITS FANTASMAGORIC!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
sjlogghe
SuperFan

Clay's Geography Tutor

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2005, 01:51:26 AM »

Quote from: tlb
Hi! I am usually over at the BLPT and I have a question. Does anyone know which concert and/or which song Clay would be singing in my lovely avie?

Since Pamela made the very educated guess on which concert your avie is from, I will tell you that I'm pretty sure he is singing MOAM in that picture!

Faith is the substance of all things hoped for . . .
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2005, 02:28:24 AM »

ITS FANTASMAGORIC!!
love that word Miss M.!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

tlb
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2005, 02:33:05 AM »

Thanks for the answers Pamela and sjlogghe!!
houstonclayfan
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2005, 05:47:03 AM »

Tammy, that's an excellent question. Could be Charlotte or Raleigh solo tour, although he wore that shirt a lot. But his hair is just nearly perfect, so I'm thinking Raleigh. But that's just a guess!

You did great at narrowing it down, Pamela, but if you look at the tag on the bottom, it says Charlotte.
gagran
Claylicious

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2005, 11:58:49 AM »

Okay my question.
Which concert did Clay mess up during Solitare and pitch a hissy fit?
Is there a download?
Thanks
gagran

I really admire clay's interest in and knowledge of disability issues. I also admire all his other"assets"!!

In loving memory of my "neighbor" jj
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2005, 12:49:03 PM »

NO PROBLEM.  IT WAS IN YORK, PA.  WE WERE AT THE CONCERT.  HE SOUNDED WONDERFUL UNTIL THEN.  WE COUJLDN'T SEE A DAMN THING BECAUSE THERE WERE NO JUMBOTRONS.  NOT SURE IF THERE IS CLACK.  IT WAS FUNNY.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
gagran
Claylicious

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2005, 02:11:23 PM »

Gwenn
Thanks. I'll check for clack.
gagran

I really admire clay's interest in and knowledge of disability issues. I also admire all his other"assets"!!

clay_enthusiast
Clayamateur

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2005, 08:54:15 PM »

I believe that some of Clay's concerts this summer are Clear Channel concerts.  Anyone know which ones ?  Might this help him to get radio play if he is using them?  Also anyone know if Clay will have the same band and singers on his tour?  They work together so well.
houstonclayfan
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2005, 05:51:36 AM »

Also anyone know if Clay will have the same band and singers on his tour? They work together so well.

As far as I know, Quiana will be with Clay this summer, but Jacob and Angela will not be.

I believe that some of Clay's concerts this summer are Clear Channel concerts. Anyone know which ones ? Might this help him to get radio play if he is using them?

I know that the Zoo is a clear channel venue, but I am not sure which others. In order to get radio play, I would think that he would have to release a new single to go along with the tour.....
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2005, 09:36:41 AM »

Quote from: Marilyn
OKAY ALL YOU LEARNED PEOPLE

THE MONTAGE ADDICTED--AT 1.07 AND AGAIN AT 3.23 THERE IS AN ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR CLOSEUP OF CLAY AND HIS EYES (THUD) AND I BELIEVE IT IS A SOLITAIRE PERFORMANCE

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHICH ONE???

I JUST HAVE TO HAVE THIS CLIP- ITS FANTASMAGORIC!!

I AM REPOSTING THIS BECAUSE I AM REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY WANTING TO KNOW WHERE IT CAME FROM!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Galadriel
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2005, 07:33:10 PM »

Here is at least a partial list of Clear Channel promoted concerts. I think but won't swear to it that Musikfest, The Toledlo Zoo, Booth Ampitheater' Bank Of America Pavillion and The Fraze in Kettering, Ohio are being promoted by Clear Channel related folks.  That is what I found by Googling Clay Aiken and Clear Channel together. I don't know if the list  is complete.
hotwaxonclay
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2005, 09:12:22 PM »

MMkay the hissy fit in York...if you find clack please let me know...that sounds too funny to miss!!

The ding dang it thing...didn't he say it earlier in the season too? I could be wrong...I proably am but I thought he said it somewhere earlier in the season in an interview...

Also does anyone know what the heck his favortie color is? As far as I know we haven't gotten it yet...but I'm dying to know...lol.
gagran
Claylicious

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2005, 09:32:15 PM »

I did find clack of York Solitare at ATCA. One by x aiken4 clayx3 shows clay flayling(sp) his arms at the end of the song.He looked real Flame while he was singing.
There was another large file of Solitare that I could not get to dl.
gagran

Galadriel
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2005, 05:40:17 AM »

As for Clay's favorite color. :hmm  Didn't he first say green? Then he said orange in an interview but it was sort of an off the cuff remark to deal with a question he didn't really know how to answer. Then he said he wouldn't tell us since we knew everything else about him. (snarky little dickens!). Hmmm. I don't think we do know yet. I think it SHOULD be blue because he looks so great in blue!!!! I don't think my vote counts though.
sjlogghe
SuperFan

Clay's Geography Tutor

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2005, 03:22:43 PM »

Quote from: gagran
I did find clack of York Solitare at ATCA. One by x aiken4 clayx3 shows clay flayling(sp) his arms at the end of the song.He looked real Flame while he was singing.
There was another large file of Solitare that I could not get to dl.
gagran

I d/l all the Solitaire clack that I could find from that concert, even that big one, but nothing!!     I don't know why everyone that was videoing missed it!!!   :duh   And one of them that I d/l, has basically the entire song - except, of course, I'm guessing the part where he has his hissy fit!!  Does anyone know what part of the song it was at?  Or what words he messed up on??

Faith is the substance of all things hoped for . . .
houstonclayfan
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2005, 03:53:44 PM »

Quote from: sjlogghe
And one of them that I d/l, has basically the entire song - except, of course, I'm guessing the part where he has his hissy fit!!  Does anyone know what part of the song it was at?  Or what words he messed up on??

I wasn't there and haven't seen a download, but from reviews that I read he did it exiting the stage after the song was over. That is probably why there is no video.
hotwaxonclay
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2005, 07:12:56 PM »

Man I really want to see that ding dang hissy fit!!!

I lvoe hissy fits..theya re hilarious! lol

We should defininetly make it a mission that if any of us get to talk to him...we ask him his fave color...even if it means shaking it out of him...I'm all for that lol
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx