gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:34:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 446
Total: 446

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Got Questions About Clay or Claymaniacs? *ASK THEM HERE!*  (Read 90583 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: June 05, 2005, 05:42:23 AM »

I have had a request for a question and answer thread.

Do you sometimes say,
 "When did Clay say that??'

"Which concert was that picture from???"

"When or where did Clay sing that song??"

"Does anyone remember where that quote was from?"

This thread will be used to answer all those nagging questions!! Wink
Hopefully, with all our collective wisdom, we will be able to provide the answers. Laughing

If there are several members with questions, we can even "sticky" this thread for ongoing use!!!

Deanna, I'm hijacking your thread!  Hey guys!  If you have any questions about the forum, you can post them here, OR, in the appropriate thread in FORUM INFORMATION. There are lots of nice and smart folks here that will help you out!

Pamela

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 05:44:47 AM »

I will start us off:

Does any one know when, where or in what context Clay said "Ding, Dang"?

One time in the middle of singing "When I Need You" during the Independant tour Clay said "Get Up, No you can't sit down!" Which concert was it?

Okay, who knows the answers????

Clay "is" the "News"
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 07:55:31 AM »

Great thread Deanna!

Quote from: clayMaine-iac
I will start us off:
Does any one know when, where or in what context Clay said "Ding, Dang"?

Oh!  Oh!  Oh!  I know this one!  

The Vincident...on final 3 night of AI back in 2003, one of the songs chosen for Clay, Ruben and Kimberley to sing was randomly chosen from a fishbowl with little slips of paper with songs written on them.  We found out much later that there were really only *4* songs on the little slips of paper.  I believe one of Clay's other songs was "Moon River."

Anyway, Clay's random song was "Vincent", by Don McLean.  It's a sad song about the suicide of artist Vincent Van Gogh.  Clay said before the performance that it wasn't a song he would chose for himself to sing, and then he goes on to sing it beautifully.  However, at one point during the performance, he stops singing and appears to skip a verse.  Many people didn't even notice, but Paula (I think) mentions it on the show.  

Later we find out that just before the show went live, an extra verse was added due to time considerations.  The story goes that Clay got no rehearsal time with the new verse.  When asked about the performance later in an interview, Clay said he thought he did "pretty ding dang good" considering it was a last minute change.

As far as I know, it's the only time he ever said it, but it lives to this day, ding dang it!

ROFLMAO

Note - The whole scenario caused conspiracy theorists to go crazy. Evidently the studio audience was told about the last minute addition of the verse, whereas the television audience, aka the majority of the voters, were not told.  Paula's statment made it appear that Clay had just screwed up.  Not that any of it matters now. Wink
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 08:53:20 AM »

wave Hello! I have a question! Where in the world did this picture from Clay come from? What concert or TV show is it from??

Another question! What started the mini controversy awhile back when Simon and a girlfriend {?} were making fun of Clay's version of "Fantasy" from Idol? I think Simon's antics were caught on tape?? Anyone remember what it was even about?? I wrote about it a long time ago in a skit.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
houstonclayfan
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 09:17:27 AM »

Where in the world did this picture from Clay come from? What concert or TV show is it from??

The picture is from the AI2 tour, but I am not sure what city the concert took place.
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 09:18:38 AM »

Where in the world did this picture from Clay come from? What concert or TV show is it from??

I believe that was when he sang "Invisible" on the AI Tour.  I have no idea which city that was in, tho.  Can anyone help??

Another question! What started the mini controversy awhile back when Simon and a girlfriend {?} were making fun of Clay's version of "Fantasy" from Idol? I think Simon's antics were caught on tape?? Anyone remember what it was even about?? I wrote about it a long time ago in a skit.

After Clay sang "Fantasy" on AI3, Simon's girlfriend, Terri Seymour, interviewed Simon and Randy for the show "Good Day Life" the next morning.  She asked what they thought of Clay's performance the night before, and Simon and Randy started pretending they were Clay and they were making very exagerated faces preening for the camera.

Clay "is" the "News"
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 10:11:21 AM »

Thanks for the answers Deanna and Houston! Now i remember Randy was part of it. I think that appearance on that show is what caused me to parody Randy singing a song called "Hair" back around that time.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Clara
SuperFan

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 11:13:21 AM »

Quote from: clayMaine-iac

One time in the middle of singing "When I Need You" during the Independant tour Clay said "Get Up, No you can't sit down!" Which concert was it?

Hi, Deanna!!!!

Answer: Dallas concert - March 19, 2004

I made a CD with all the songs that were not on MOAM, and I have that particular version of WINY, but I couldn't understand what he said!! You've also answered MY question. Thank you so much!!

Love and Huggles

Clara
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2005, 11:20:12 AM »

Thanks Clara!!! Huggles

I knew we had some smart cookies here!!!

Clay "is" the "News"
Clara
SuperFan

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2005, 11:22:00 AM »

Quote from: Pamela

When asked about the performance later in an interview, Clay said he thought he did "pretty ding dang good" considering it was a last minute change.

Not relevant to the question but... in another interview he also said he hadn't actually forgotten the words but missed the cue.

*Asks herself: Why do I still care?*

??

*Answers herself: Don't know. But I still do.
  Explains to herself: Injustice burns me up. And it keeps burning me up every time I remember.
  Accepts explanation and moves on.
  For now.*
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2005, 12:32:15 PM »

Quote from: ACcountryFan

This picture is from the Memphis, TN concert. I noticed he tended to wear jerseys from sports teams around the area of where the concert was held. This jersey is the color of the University of Tennessee.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 05:48:41 AM »

Quote from: Clara
*Asks herself: Why do I still care?*
??
*Answers herself: Don't know. But I still do.
  Explains to herself: Injustice burns me up. And it keeps burning me up every time I remember.

And in that one sentence, Clara explains the raging loyalty to Clay that as of yet, has not subsided.  Wink

Quote from: wvclayfan
This picture is from the Memphis, TN concert. I noticed he tended to wear jerseys from sports teams around the area of where the concert was held. This jersey is the color of the University of Tennessee.

And a mighty fine picture it is too.  *Go Vols!*
Invisible Touch
Claymaniac

Minneapolis, MN

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 09:19:14 PM »

:claps Deanna - Thanks for this thread!  There is no shortage of Clay knowledge on this board (Clay might even learn a thing or two!) It will be a great place for everyone to get answers to some nagging questions!!

:claps Pamela - Thanks for the explanation of the Ding Dang question!  I have always heard/seen the ding, dang references, but never knew when/if he actually said it.  In fact, thanks to one of your previous Avies, I saw the yin yang symbol somewhere and thought of the ding and the dang!!  No matter what the situation is, my mind seems to always drift back to Clay!  

:claps Clara - I have that same version of "When I Need You" and have always wondered what concert it was from.  Now I am going to have to see if there is any Clack for that!  Anyone know?

"Clay Aiken is an ordinary-extraordinary human being.  I hope we always remember to treat him as that human being rather than the idol he chooses not to be."  – Kathy Malamut (Beavers on Idol)
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2005, 10:37:59 AM »

Clara - I have that same version of "When I Need You" and have always wondered what concert it was from. Now I am going to have to see if there is any Clack for that! Anyone know?
I'll look up when I get home...may have the answer in my computer's memory bank...my own not big enough!LOL

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

houstonclayfan
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2005, 12:09:48 PM »

Clara - I have that same version of "When I Need You" and have always wondered what concert it was from. Now I am going to have to see if there is any Clack for that! Anyone know?

Measure of a fan has it.
sjlogghe
SuperFan

Clay's Geography Tutor

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2005, 12:10:32 PM »

Quote from: Invisible Touch
:claps Clara - I have that same version of "When I Need You" and have always wondered what concert it was from.  Now I am going to have to see if there is any Clack for that!  Anyone know?

Hey Molly!!

I had to go look for that clack too, I'd never seen it before.  There is Clack at measureofafan.com, it's not under Dallas it's under Grand Prairie.  And sure enough, he says it right before the second verse or something like that.  Too cute he is!!!

I also think this is a great thread, I've had a few questions myself that i'm sure some of you could answer.  But of course, I can't think of those questions now!!      :duh

Faith is the substance of all things hoped for . . .
Clara
SuperFan

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2005, 12:31:29 PM »

Quote from: Invisible Touch
I have that same version of "When I Need You" and have always wondered what concert it was from.  Now I am going to have to see if there is any Clack for that!  Anyone know?

wave Invisible Touch!

Go to All Things Clay Aiken - Video Vault - Independent Tour - Page 2 - Dallas and... WINY is right there for you!

BTW, when browsing there, I saw that on page 1 of the Independent Tour they say they have excellent videos of the St. Paul concert.

And I remembered why I try not to visit the vault.
I will simply HAVE TO download them now.
(Oh!!!!  The trouble...
the inconvenience...
the time I'll need to spend on this...
the anxiety to find out what they are...
the... the... the...
INCREDIBLE PLEASURE)
*shut up, Drama Clara*

Love,

Yo
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2005, 04:12:56 PM »

Clara-you crack me up woman!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

tlb
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2005, 04:31:17 PM »

Hi! I am usually over at the BLPT and I have a question. Does anyone know which concert and/or which song Clay would be singing in my lovely avie?
ClayObsessed
Claycrazy

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2005, 04:50:30 PM »

Last year Clay sang for 19 Entertainments 19th year celebration.  I think
it occurred at Prince Albert Hall in London.  At the time, I heard he sang
a Gershwin tune, but never heard which one.  The only download I ever
saw was of him signing an autograph in the parking lot outside the venue.

Does anyone know the name of the song and/or a place to see the
video or hear the CD?

shirl

HEAVEN has arrived at the Joyful Noise 2005 Tour Nov 8th
I kissed Clay's cheek
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx