gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:53:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 214
Total: 214

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEW NETWORK JUNE 1  (Read 3728 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: June 01, 2005, 02:03:46 AM »

wave Good Morning, everyone!! wave

Idol Thoughts, May 31: Déjà vu All Over Again!
by Donna Reynolds -- 05/31/2005
(snip)
I have been reading the Idol message boards, and Bo’s fans are beginning to echo the Claymates in many ways. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but I do have a bit of advice. Certainly, we all want Bo to succeed, and one way to ensure this is to get his music played on the radio. Calling your local radio station to request that they play his stuff is fine as long as you do not start hounding the various DJs. This does nothing but irritate them, and once they are irritated, they may not play the song just for spite.

Do not harass columnists who may not agree that Bo is the best thing since sliced bread. People are entitled to their opinions, and an onslaught of email from enraged fans who are echoing one another is a real turnoff. Right or wrong, the public often judges former Idols by the behavior of their fans. If you disagree, compose a respectful email, original email that expresses your feeling while not insulting the writer.

Do not brag about buying Bo’s CD in massive quantities. This leads people to question the veracity of record sales and lends less credibility to these numbers. Buy what you need for yourself or as gifts, but stay away from bragging about how many you have purchased. Also, if you haven’t already picked up your copy of Bo’s Recipe for Flavor, be sure to visit the Sugar Money website and support this great band. These guys have been behind Bo all the way and have had to sacrifice their own careers in the interim.

If you bring a “Go Bo Go” sign to the Idol tour show, please remember that there are people behind you who may not be able to see around it. Wave it if you must, but keep this to a minimum. There is nothing more annoying to me that paying good money for a ticket and then having to look at the back end of 100 signs. Remember that, right or wrong, people will look at Bo’s fans as a reflection on him. Don’t behave like an idiot!

Idol Tidbits
Last week, Clay Aiken embarked on a five-day goodwill tour of northern and eastern Uganda as part of his role as a UNICEF Special Ambassador for Education. His mission was to monitor the treatment of children in this war-ravaged region. He visited displaced persons’ camps, night commuter shelters, and reception centers for abducted children in Kitgum, Gulu and Katakwi.

FOXES ON IDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 02:05:52 AM »

And for Bo, it could be Bice as nice
'Idol' runner-up may best winner in record sales
By Diego Vasquez

“American Idol's" Bo Bice could very well be the next Clay Aiken. Not in terms of style, of course. Bice’s rocker thing is about as far away from Aiken’s clean and non-threatening image as you can get.
   But both were runners-up, and now it looks like Bice will follow Aiken in outselling the person who was chosen as the top "Idol," Carrie Underwood, who won last week. Aiken outsold season-two winner Ruben Studdard.
   As of this morning, Bice’s new single featuring the songs “Inside Your Heaven” and “Vehicle” ranks No. 1 on Barnes & Noble’s online bestsellers list. Making the feat even more impressive is the fact that the single won’t be released until June 21. Preorders are driving the entire craze.

MEDIALIFEMAGAZINE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 02:07:44 AM »

Bo Bice Loses ... Grrr!

I was pulling for Bo Bice, because the guy can rock, and he brought out Lynyrd Skynyrd on the season finale. Any guy who could get hardcore Southern rock legends to appear on a pop show like "American Idol" must be doing something right.

One Grrr! reader, Sarah Robertson, is devastated by Bo's loss. But not to fear, Sarah: Bo will be fine, as he's going to be produced by none other than music legend Clive Davis. I suspect he'll be as ubiquitous as Season Two runner-up Clay Aiken.

As for Carrie Underwood, she is wonderful. Her duet with Rascal Flatts (search) was awesome and should be released as is. She is definitely a great singer and a good role model for young girls everywhere.

Congratulations, Carrie.

FOXNEWS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 02:10:13 AM »

American Idol 4 - Done With the Hand Wringing
by Sting7 -- 05/31/2005
(snip)
It’s been a few days since Carrie Underwood was crowned the newest American Idol. I didn’t see this one coming at all. Season one: Kelly vs. Justin. I figured Kelly had that one wrapped up. She was becoming THE reason to watch American Idol every week. Clay vs. Ruben. Now there was a contest. I had brashly predicted Ruben would win, but I knew it would be close. I had butterflies in my belly the whole day. Lord Knows, Clay Nation let me have it for making said prediction and if Clay won, I’d never hear the end of it from that crew. More importantly, I thought Ruben had done the job and deserved to win. Season three: Diana vs Fantasia. Diana couldn’t touch Fantasia. Taking nothing away from the job Diana did, she is an amazing vocalist in her own right, but Fantasia was a star. She wasn’t going to be stopped.

FOXES ON IDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 02:12:41 AM »

Here are the top 50 searches on Lycos for the week ending May 28, 2005

19  Clay Aiken
Invisible  #4  104

50LYCOS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 02:22:56 AM »

Have a great day!!!

Here ya go:

New Flavor of the Day:
Love and time-those are the only two things in all the world and all of life that cannot be bought, but only spent. Spend wisely

Clay "is" the "News"
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 04:14:44 AM »

GOOD MORNING ALL-THANK YOU FOR ALL THE NEWS!!

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY!!

WOO HOO- I HAVE BEEN AT MY JOB 6 YEARS TODAY!! CAN WE SAY GLUTTON FOR PUNISHMENT??

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 04:50:48 AM »

THANKS FOR ALL THE NEWS.  AS CLAYS TOUR GETS CLOSER I AM SURE THE NEWS WILL PICK UP.  I CANNOT WAIT.  GO CLAY!!!!!!      
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 04:56:08 AM »

Good morning M.B., Lorraine and Marilyn!

Love the new flavor...so here's to THE man, Clay Aiken...

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 06:11:13 AM »

Good morning everyone:

So very true:

Love the new flavor...so here's to THE man, Clay Aiken...  

To  THE man Clay Aiken, who chooses to spend his time where it is most needed. A man whose life is all about love and whose soul reflects it in the music that he brings us.

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 09:09:50 AM »

Thanks for the news, everyone!

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2005, 01:41:21 PM »

THANKS FOR THE NEWS EVERYONE--HAVE A SUPER DAY EVERYONE!!

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
CLAYMATEFL
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 04:04:12 PM »

Thanks for the news ladies and all you do for us!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx