gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:16:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 445
Total: 445

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEW NETWORK MAY 26  (Read 4131 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: May 26, 2005, 02:11:47 AM »

wave Good Morning everyone!! wave

Gee has been a fan since the first season. She even has rooms in her house devoted to one of the first American Idol favorites -- Clay Aiken.

Aiken memorabilia has even taken the place of her aged Elvis loot.

PBCOMMERCIAL

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 02:13:47 AM »

And so a season of competition comes to a close. Yes, we still have the finale tonight, but the competition portion ended last night. As I feared, 19E picked a couple of loser songs to saddle Bo and Carrie with. Long, Long Road hindered Bo while Inside Your Heaven drug Carrie down. Both of these songs sounded like leftovers from Clay's or Diana's albums. Thankfully, Bo breathed life into Heaven and Carrie got a good one in Angels. It was all reminiscent of Clay and Ruben's finale with them each having a lame song and a good song. Yes, the season 2 parallels continue. I predict if Bo wins Heaven will be his single, but if Carrie wins, Angels will be her single.

BEAVERS ON IDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 02:16:33 AM »

A victory means a guaranteed recording contract. But as Clay Aiken found out, losing doesn't have to mean obscurity.

EDITION.CNN

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 02:19:52 AM »

One of these finalists will be headlining the "Idol" summer tour; the other will be dialing up Clay Aiken's agent.

CLEVELAND.COM

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 02:22:29 AM »

And what colorful friends they are. There is Season 1 winner Clarkson, the spunky former cocktail waitress who has released two multimillion-selling albums. There is Clay Aiken, the big-hearted North Carolina kid who finished second in Season 2 and went on to sell more than 2 million copies of his debut album.

SIGNONSANDIEGO

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 02:24:57 AM »

We've seen our fair share of the crooners, the powerhouse divas and the R&B soulsters.

Previous finalists Clay Aiken, Ruben Studdard, Kelly Clarkson, Diana DeGarmo and Fantasia Barrino all belong to one or another of these categories

CHANNELNEWSASIA

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 02:27:03 AM »

Carrie, in my opinion, when she's not singing country, has been a little inconsistent. However, that has never had an effect on her vote totals. She is the only person this season who was never in the bottom tier of vote getters. That has to be saying something. However, the same thing happened with Clay, but he didn't pull out the win over Ruben. Does Carrie have what it takes to be a star? I would say she does, but she really has to work on her performing ability. Her voice is fabulous, now if she can incorporate a little more of the "performance" aspect into her songs, I think she would be very successful. Is she the next American Idol? I'm not sure yet.

FOXES ON IDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 02:29:36 AM »

(3) BO: “Vehicle”
Now I remember this performance! I had written that I forgot it, but I remember. It’s a fun one. (I just listened to Clay’s live “Bridge Over Troubled Water” man is that a mistake while discussing silly Bo) But yeah, Bo had a lot of energy, and it was the only energized part of the night. The only song that made you want to clap your hands. Nice job Bo, like Kelly singing “Respect” again first season.

MEDIAFIENDS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 02:33:49 AM »

Have a great day!!

My server is kinda "whonky" this morning, so I have been "skimping" on the news!!! Laughing Sorry!!!

Clay "is" the "News"
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 03:17:02 AM »

Good morning!!!!  Whonky...new word!  Thanks for the news!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2005, 04:53:52 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE.

WELL IT IS OVER AND I AM SO GLAD THAT AMERICA MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE THIS TIME, OF COURSE IN MY OPINION.  NOW ONWARD AND UPWARD TO CONCENTRATING ON OUR HONEY.  GOD HE CANNOT START HIS CONCERTS FAST ENOUGH.

BE BACK LATER FOR UPDATES.

HUGS
RAINEY
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2005, 05:58:23 AM »

Students Do Books

A group of Benson (NC) Elementary School students are now published authors, with books they wrote and illustrated in Beth Rogers' class now in the town's public library.

Highlights, according to head librarian Linda Haynes, include a Persian version of Cinderella, a sequel to the three bears' tale in which they wander into Goldi-locks' house, and an ABC book on North Carolina -- A is for Andy Griffith, C is for Clay Aiken, etc.

NEWS & OBSERVER

wave Good morning!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2005, 06:00:34 AM »

Here's a link to the ad running on the Toronto sponsor's radio station....it's so cute!  Notice he doesn't mention "the 40s"....

Left click for download link --

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2994LSVRFR9Z82QB8820GS3R29
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2005, 06:02:36 AM »

Sign up now!  If anyone knows the password, please post it in the Concert Connection!

Molson Amphitheater, Toronto Internet Presale Info

EZ ROCK PRESALE:
Start: Thu, 05/26/05 10:00 AM
End: Thu, 05/26/05 05:00 PM

TICKETMASTER

ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2005, 06:40:51 AM »

HELLO EVERYONE,
THANKS FOR  THE NEWS PAMELA & DEANNA.

PAMELA, I LOVE YOUR NEW AVIE--IT REALLY IS BEAUTIFUL.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVEYONE--I WILL BE BACK FOR UPDATES.

TAKE CARE,
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
mainer
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2005, 06:58:16 AM »

well -- now my weekend returns to Sat/Sun, instead of Tues/Wed !

I would have been amazed if Bo won, even though he was my favorite -- and, as I read somewhere yesterday, the favorite on various  internet sites.  I was very interested that one Claymate found that Carrie's lines were open, but Bo's were not.  Shades of Clay and Ruben.  It would not surprise me, though, if Carrie really did get the most votes -- the luck of the draw and all that -- but I have no doubt she would have won regardless.  I think Idol wanted a country singer, and think she'll be more successful in getting radio time than Bo.  

It isn't just that Carrie was already annouced the winner in the UK, before Tuesday's performances, or that Simon insisted from the start that he thought she'd win -- when he told her, Tusday night, that -- with that performance -- he thought she could win, I knew they would see to it that she did.  Simon often says exactly what I am thinking -- and that conclusion of his made no sense;  he qualified it by explaining that she was younger and more inexperienced than Bo -- i.e. telling people to cut her some slack. It seemed ominous, if gracious, when he told Bo -- before Carrie's final performance --what a pleasure he'd been to work with. On Wednesday, when Randy said he thought Carrie was the best ("let's get real") I knew Carrie was the winner and that, again, AI was preparing the audience to accept the fact.  It brought back AI2 -- when they insisted that no one knew the results -- whereas, in fact, Simon admitted in some intervview afterward (when he was sour on Idol and thinking of not returning) that they had all, in fact,already known who had won.   (Clay even saw the result off stage before it was announced.)  So, Carrie may have won the most votes, or she may not have -- I don't think it mattered, and suspect she was the chosen winner all along.  I think she, as a country singer, will get more air time -- and could conceivably fulfill Simon's prediction as most successful Idol yet.  

Regarding country and air time, however, I have always assumed it is just a matter of time before Clay comes out with a country album -- (something like "Clay Country", or maybe two volumes -- "Aiken County" and "Clayton County" ...  one can hope.. .  maybe including a historical CD with his great-grandfather's and great uncle's recordings  for the Library of Congress's folk collection -- maybe a collaboration ala the Coles...  and  I'm also waiting and hoping for that Sedaka/Aiken collaboration.  

As with Clay, there will be advantages for Bo in being second.  I'm no more of a critic than any other amateur music lover -- but one side of this family does have perfect pitch, and a professional opera singer in a major city opera company.  Carrie was pitchy both nights -- but it could have been nerves, she will get better, and things can be remedied in the recording studio.  I was talking to the local furniture store owner, who said that when she listens to Carrie and doesn't watch the performance, Carrie doesn't sound as interesting to her as a number of other female performers already "out there".  Our entire family agrees  -- but we understand that Carrie has fans galore, and both she and her listeners can change (certainly many people came late to Clay as a result of MCWL and Solitaire)..  

I enjoyed the night with one major exception.  We , again, thought Bo was better than Carrie -- and we liked Vonzelle's duet as much as anything.  The only thing I didn't like -- in a moralistic sort of "don't approve of"  kind of way -- was the skit ramming Corey Clark and dissing his parents.  I realize that the best defense for Idol is a good offense, but in this case I  suspect Corey has told the truth (which is why Paula has not sued for defamation, or sued to keep the reference to her out of the book).  Corey's insights into the facts that make Idol a television show and not a contest, don't really hurt the show -- they do help to put it into perspective. To sum up -- I think Idol has already acted against Corey, in retaliation for his bringing in a different lawyer for AI2 Idol contestants --and in wanting then to marginalize his career chances -- and that he, not Paula or the show, is the victim.  I found it immensely disgustiung to see their charcter assassination of Corey (not to mention his parents). As a victim of Idol's dirty tricks department , Corey is setting the record straight.  If I was convinced he was just the opportunist the skit pertrayed him as, I'd feel differently. I don't like to see truth tellers and whistleblowers publicly ridiculed by the bullies they have ratted on as a means of defense, it just adds to the injustice.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2005, 08:46:34 AM »

There was a post-AI4 mention of Clay on The View today.  From webcat at the CH:

The gist of it was Meredith saying both final AI contestants were good. Then one of them said you could come in second and still be successful... look at Clay Aiken. Lots of agreement. Then Starr (I believe) said, "Yeah, and he didn't have to sleep with Paula Abdul to do it." Much laughter and then Meredith (I think) said, "Yes, that shows just how really good he is." Nothing nasty at all. They meant it as a good thing. No double entendres. Nice reminder of Clay's success.

Another mention on Good Day Live.  From ellenpoppy at the CH:

Good Day LA just interviewed Bo. Afterward, they discussed among themselves that "second place isn't bad". Steve Edwards...said firmly, "Clay Aiken". Just the name, as the proof, as in "'nuff said". Jillian--Jillian!--actually said "That's right! I forgot! I thought he won!" Dorothy or Steve said, "No, Ruben," but his name was tossed in as an afterthought. The point of the whole scenario was Clay, that Clay was the evidence that showed that Bo would be fine.

And.....another mention on Z100 (NY Top 40).  From claydoh101 at Clayversity:

There was a great Clay mention on Z100 this morning! They were talking about Carrie winning AI and then one of the Zoo members mentioned how if she thought AI was tough the real work begins now. Then they went on to talk about how Carrie basically has someone running her life.........telling her what to do at every turn......from now on. Then Elvis (the head DJ) says...You know Clay Aiken did it the right way.........he didn't win the show but he has gone on to enjoy success anyway.............by doing his own thing.........his own way. Thats the way to do it!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2005, 08:54:19 AM »

Bice still went out on a high note. And coming in second doesn't necessarily mean losing.

Take Clay Aiken. He didn't take the crown in 2003, but he has since become one of the most successful "Idol'' contestants. From record sales to sought-after television appearances, he dwarfed winner Studdard and had the second-highest opening sales week for a debut artist since Nielsen SoundScan has been keeping records.

Of course, not all runners-up fare so well.

Record mogul Clive Davis, who guides the recording careers of the "Idol'' winners, also signed all the second-place finishers from the three previous seasons. All, except Aiken, fizzled.

Both Diana DeGarmo, who lost to Barrino, and Justin Guarini, whom Clarkson beat, sold a paltry number of records compared with their competitors. "Clay Aiken did great, and the other two were blips,'' said Geoff Mayfield, Billboard's director of charts.

MERCURY NEWS (registration required)

I am lovin all the great (and free!) publicity for Aiken today!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2005, 08:59:24 AM »

This season, Idol is averaging 26.5 million viewers. Its audience spans demographic boundaries: 18 percent of the fans are younger than 18, 25 percent fall in the 18-to-34 age bracket that advertisers covet and 28 percent are 50 or older.

But, despite the hype, the ratings for Idol finales haven't approached some of television's most famous finales. The last M*A*S*H episode drew 106 million viewers. By contrast, the most-watched Idol finale -- the second season showdown between Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken -- attracted 34.2 million viewers.

ORLANDO SENTINEL

Not that it's a competition or anything.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2005, 09:02:19 AM »

Cute Clay mention in a Michael Buble review --

Of course, it doesn't hurt that Bublé is wickedly funny. Not only was his between-songs patter full of self-deprecating wit. (He joked that he was happy to hear fans scream, "I love you, Michael!" "I know that next week it'll be, 'I love you Clay Aiken!' ") But he slipped in some good musical gags as well, mocking the pop operatic Il Divo with a vocal impression that was more Jim Nabors than Placido Domingo, and opening Fever with a brief detour into the novelty oldie Barney Google.

(TORONTO) GLOBE AND MAIL
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx