gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:19:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 277
Total: 277

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI week of 5/23 *THE FINALE* Spoilers and Discussion  (Read 75022 times)
stellium
« Reply #720 on: July 08, 2005, 06:19:30 AM »

Now that so much time has passed to get a proper perspective on Idol4,   when I went back to read some of our posts,  Bo definitely seemed more popular,  but Carrie was grudgingly accepted as the "ideal" Idol.  

I think they should have put Bo's wonderful finale song "It's a Long Long Road" on his single.   I notice it is down below Carrie's already this week.    These single songs are the same ones we have heard so many times already,   on the show and their group CD .    I never agree with the Idol producers decisions for their recordings just as Idol finishes each season.    They should let the public vote on all the song they record !

I never like the decision to give Clay that insipid song  "On the Wings of Love" that he never performed on the show,  coming just after Ruben's super-produced "Superstar",  such an obvious ploy to get more votes for Ruben than Clay as the album came out in April that year.    Just like putting Clay in the pink-flowered girls' room the last night of competition and then sending cameras in there to interview him.   Manipulations are so rampant and sickening there ,  I don't know how we bring ourselves to watch it all anymore.  

Anyway,   nice wrap up discussions here and we shall see how the albums of the contestants sell in the next year.     All of them !
mainer
« Reply #721 on: July 09, 2005, 07:49:42 AM »

[quote} "Manipulations are so rampant and sickening there, I don't know how we bring ourselves to watch it anymore."
Stellium

Did Corey also make it to sixth place?  Didn't Constantine?  At least these contestants can get to introduce themselves to the listening public, and may be able to break in through the back door.  

I remember AI3, when all four divas (Jennifer, Latoya, Diana, Fantasia) would just belt out those songs and overdo it and also just cancel each other out.  Fanatasia was my number 1 for AI3, I liked her characteristic and unusual signature singing voice -- but I haven't cared for anything she's come out with since the contest, and didn't buy her CD.  I enjoyed George Huff's sort-of Richie Havens vibe he would get in his voice, but he seemed too consistent and didn't seem to grow a whole lot, to me.

Johhny Red would come on stage, and it was like a window opening -- a breath of fresh air -- an intermission.  He was so essential to the mix, totally breaking it up.  Yes -- he was sometimes off pitch, yes -- he sometimes needed more expression, yes -- he sometimes needed more vocal contrast, and yes -- he was the youngest and least experienced performer -- and it showed.  He also was eminently likeable and had talent --  untrained and inexperienced.  I look forward to his CD, which I'll just go ahead and buy -- I'm that confident in him -- next trip to civilization.  I like the genre he's working in.  If Clay has titled his tour "Jukebox," then I assume it is also built around oldeis and nostalgia -- but maybe I'm wrong and he has something altogether different planned!

Meanwhile, except for Clay, Corey Clark has come out with a better CD -- in my opinion -- than anything we've had yet from Kelly, Justin, Ruben (love the voice, though), Fantasia, Tamyra, or Diana. (Haven't listened to Josh's CD, although I wasn't wild about several TV performances.)  Kimberley Locke's CD has several terrific songs, right up there with Corey.

Constantine, also a sixth I think, is one of the more brilliant and interesting performers on Idol -- and I don't think that any of us harbor concerns about his future.

Remember all those hate emails and death threats to Jon Stevens during A!3?  I was thinking of the role of the smoking gun, and of Idol's covert  timely releases of information about contestants, to make the show more interesting and controversial.  (Incidentally, if this also includes leaks to tabloids, then the headline "Is Clay Gay?" that appeared in a timely tabloid -- was probably a plant.  Although the ensuing article attributed the rumor to the fact that he had no interest in allegedly being sexually auditioned by roomates, Kimberly Cauldwell and Trenyce (also slurring and spurring rumors about them) --  the headline put the idea out there in the ethers -- along with the association of the assigned pink dressingroom, and a tabloid comment about that attributed to Ruben's uncle.  This disinformation was probably also all planted by someone within Idol to try to slow down Clay's amazing  popularity with the ladies -- not that his fans could have cared less, in any event.)  So I was thinking about boring Season Three, and found myself wondering if the death threats to Jon -- or perhaps if an exageration of the number of them -- might also have been engineered by Idol, to sway the contest and get Johnny safely out of the way...

He-e-e-e-r-r-r-r-r-e-e-e-e's Johhny!
mainer
« Reply #722 on: July 09, 2005, 03:53:32 PM »

sorry to be such a windbag -- but I just noticed Prissy's quote before Stellium's post, "Clay will be the Idol who will endure" -- think I'm remembering the quote right.  And it is so "right on"!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx