gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:56:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 336
Total: 336

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI week of 5/23 *THE FINALE* Spoilers and Discussion  (Read 75024 times)
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #700 on: May 25, 2005, 07:22:42 PM »

Quote from: Moonshot
Quote from: Pamela
We could meet here every Tuesday night and relive season two.

What.

ROFLMAO

Hey! Don't tease.

Could we really?

COULD WE, HUH?? COULD WE???

PLEASE???

I WANNA !!!!!!!!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #701 on: May 25, 2005, 07:22:54 PM »

Thank you so much everyone!

i've really enjoyed these Tuesday nights with everyone.

Pammy maybe we will do that.

I think I'm going to get off the computer for a while. I've been on here all day. Course, ask me if I did anything constructive and the answer would be no.

*washing pillowss*

Shakes head.

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #702 on: May 25, 2005, 07:25:14 PM »

Quote from: aikenseeker

*washing pillowss*

Shakes head.

WHAT, YOU LET ALL THE SWEAT BUILD UP, AND THE LITTLE SNIPPETS OF DRY SKIN THAT FLAKE OFF AS YOU SLEEP??

EW EW EWWWWWWWW!!

NO- I WILL WASH THOSE SUCKERS AWAY, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #703 on: May 25, 2005, 07:25:21 PM »

Quote from: Marilyn
Quote from: Moonshot
We could meet here every Tuesday night and relive season two.

What.

ROFLMAO

Hey! Don't tease.

Could we really?

COULD WE, HUH?? COULD WE???

PLEASE???

I WANNA !!!!!!!!!

I dunno, how quickly could you get me a CD of all of Bo's stuff from this year huh? Huh?

*looks around to make sure she doesn't get caught extorting Marilyn*

AI Forum Moderator
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #704 on: May 25, 2005, 07:26:14 PM »

*washing pillowss*

Shakes head.

WHAT, YOU LET ALL THE SWEAT BUILD UP, AND THE LITTLE SNIPPETS OF DRY SKIN THAT FLAKE OFF AS YOU SLEEP??

EW EW EWWWWWWWW!!

NO- I WILL WASH THOSE SUCKERS AWAY, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Puke  Puke  Puke  Puke  Puke

AI Forum Moderator
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #705 on: May 25, 2005, 07:26:38 PM »

DANG LADY, I ALREADY SENT YA A PICTURE OF LOTS OF BO'S IN A BLEND

DANG IT-- ***checks the arm that was twisted behind her back

OUCH

OH ALRIGHT THEN

aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #706 on: May 25, 2005, 07:28:17 PM »

DANG LADY, I ALREADY SENT YA A PICTURE OF LOTS OF BO'S IN A BLEND

DANG IT-- CHECKS THE ARM THAT WAS TWISTED AROUND BEHIND HER BACK

OUCH

OH ALRIGHT THEN

Lots of Bo's? Giggle... can ya send me Bo in those leather pants from tonight?

*cries over Bo*
 Cry!  Cry!  Cry!  Cry!  Cry!

AI Forum Moderator
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #707 on: May 25, 2005, 07:29:56 PM »

Susy - check your e-mail.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #708 on: May 25, 2005, 07:32:21 PM »

Thanks Meesa!

He's a cutie patootie!

AI Forum Moderator
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #709 on: May 25, 2005, 07:33:39 PM »

Thanks Meesa!

He's a cutie patootie!

You're welcome!  Huggles

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #710 on: May 25, 2005, 07:34:26 PM »

Okay everyone, I'm off to snooze land. Gotta get up tomorrow at around noon and then clean my house. Booooooooooooooooo.

AI Forum Moderator
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #711 on: May 26, 2005, 12:53:57 PM »

Wow, no one has any comments the day after?  

Well, I had to post this, cause it's the best picture of the night IMHO.
I thought it was nice of AI to do this for those kids!
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #712 on: May 26, 2005, 01:09:34 PM »

Wow, no one has any comments the day after?  

Well, I had to post this, cause it's the best picture of the night IMHO.
I thought it was nice of AI to do this for those kids!

That CRACKED me up!

I was literally hysterical! I thought it was sweet too and that kid was really happily surprised. Thought it was cool of David Hasselhoff to do that too!

The Knight Rider rocks man!

Giggle.

AI Forum Moderator
mainer
« Reply #713 on: May 26, 2005, 05:42:22 PM »

Post subject:     
well -- now my weekend returns to Sat/Sun, instead of Tues/Wed !

I would have been amazed if Bo won, even though he was my favorite -- and, as I read somewhere yesterday, the favorite on various internet sites. I was very interested that one Claymate found that Carrie's lines were open, but Bo's were not. Shades of Clay and Ruben. It would not surprise me, though, if Carrie really did get the most votes -- the luck of the draw and all that -- but I have no doubt she would have won regardless. I think Idol wanted a country singer, and think she'll be more successful in getting radio time than Bo.

It isn't just that Carrie was already annouced the winner in the UK, before Tuesday's performances, or that Simon insisted from the start that he thought she'd win -- when he told her, Tusday night, that -- with that performance -- he thought she could win, I knew they would see to it that she did. Simon often says exactly what I am thinking -- and that conclusion of his made no sense; he qualified it by explaining that she was younger and more inexperienced than Bo -- i.e. telling people to cut her some slack. It seemed ominous, if gracious, when he told Bo -- before Carrie's final performance --what a pleasure he'd been to work with. On Wednesday, when Randy said he thought Carrie was the best ("let's get real") I knew Carrie was the winner and that, again, AI was preparing the audience to accept the fact. It brought back AI2 -- when they insisted that no one knew the results -- whereas, in fact, Simon admitted in some intervview afterward (when he was sour on Idol and thinking of not returning) that they had all, in fact,already known who had won. (Clay even saw the result off stage before it was announced.) So, Carrie may have won the most votes, or she may not have -- I don't think it mattered, and suspect she was the chosen winner all along. I think she, as a country singer, will get more air time -- and could conceivably fulfill Simon's prediction as most successful Idol yet.

Regarding country and air time, however, I have always assumed it is just a matter of time before Clay comes out with a country album -- (something like "Clay Country", or maybe two volumes -- "Aiken County" and "Clayton County" ... one can hope.. . maybe including a historical CD with his great-grandfather's and great uncle's recordings for the Library of Congress's folk collection -- maybe a collaboration ala the Coles... and I'm also waiting and hoping for that Sedaka/Aiken collaboration.

As with Clay, there will be advantages for Bo in being second. I'm no more of a critic than any other amateur music lover -- but one side of this family does have perfect pitch, and a professional opera singer in a major city opera company. Carrie was pitchy both nights -- but it could have been nerves, she will get better, and things can be remedied in the recording studio. I was talking to the local furniture store owner, who said that when she listens to Carrie and doesn't watch the performance, Carrie doesn't sound as interesting to her as a number of other female performers already "out there". Our entire family agrees -- but we understand that Carrie has fans galore, and both she and her listeners can change (certainly many people came late to Clay as a result of MCWL and Solitaire)..

I enjoyed the night with one major exception. We , again, thought Bo was better than Carrie -- and we liked Vonzelle's duet as much as anything. The only thing I didn't like -- in a moralistic sort of "don't approve of" kind of way -- was the skit ramming Corey Clark and dissing his parents. I realize that the best defense for Idol is a good offense, but in this case I suspect Corey has told the truth (which is why Paula has not sued for defamation, or sued to keep the reference to her out of the book). Corey's insights into the facts that make Idol a television show and not a contest, don't really hurt the show -- they do help to put it into perspective. To sum up -- I think Idol has already acted against Corey, in retaliation for his bringing in a different lawyer for AI2 Idol contestants --and in wanting then to marginalize his career chances -- and that he, not Paula or the show, is the victim. I found it immensely disgustiung to see their charcter assassination of Corey (not to mention his parents). As a victim of Idol's dirty tricks department , Corey is setting the record straight. If I was convinced he was just the opportunist the skit pertrayed him as, I'd feel differently. I don't like to see truth tellers and whistleblowers publicly ridiculed by the bullies they have ratted on as a means of defense, it just adds to the injustice.
clay_fan_20
« Reply #714 on: May 26, 2005, 05:45:27 PM »

BO!!!!!!!  Cry!

I'm sad, but at the same time relieved that Bo didn't win! he doesn't have to release that sucky single!
clay_fan_20
« Reply #715 on: May 26, 2005, 06:04:38 PM »

Mainer -
i don't think the votes were tempered but the lines were busy, really busy, but besides that i think what the producers did to Bo was beyond any voting being rigged.

they chose 2 songs, one of them the AI single, and they were so obvious that it was to favor Carrie because that song the single, was to favor carrie, not bo, that song was so not Bo!

i don't think they did something to the votes but they as hell manipulated the whole thing!

Randy and Paula were all for Bo, that was their pick, but of course in the season finale Randy had to say he THOUGHT Carrie would take this, of course! Bo was stellar each and every week but at the finale, mind you that Bo had food poisining, in the hospital the day before and throwing up between songs, and had the flu! and still sang great!!!!... but besides that the songs were not him and because of that Carrie pulled through!

and i disagree that Bo will have a hard time getting radio play, i think Carrie will get a lot of spins in country radio but not mainstream, Bo is much more mainstream, and one thing that Bo has to his advantage is that he the media loves him, and if you saw the red carpet on E! everyone on hollywood was rooting for Bo.

Bo has the appeal (like Kelly and Clay, they have been played here in radio, kelly a bit more but clay has had his share of radio) to branch out internationaly!... at least here and in latin america in general Country is almost unknown, with the exception of shania twain and faith hill.

and here the favorites were constantine and bo... and i think Bo will have a more chance to branch out internationaly, and when constantine put his cd out i think the same will happen to him

and i bet the AI tour will be packed with constantine and bo fans, and they are gonna be the ones carrying that concert! i can see the reviews like whe Ruben won, Clay carried the concert.

i will let you know i will be going to the concert on florida! YAEY  
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #716 on: May 27, 2005, 05:34:25 AM »

Monica, a lot of it came down to song choice the night that Bo was ousted, and Carrie clearly had the edge. I wonder how she would of sounded if the scale was tipped in Bo’s direction? Had he not gotten food poisoning, would the outcome of been different? Would the idol season have been so successful if Bo and Constantine were not in it?

A lot of it had to do with that Carrie was never in the bottom three, and that she sang like an angel. She is the all-american girl, and it was evident though, that the judges, in the end favored Carrie to win. Having Carrie as a role model for young girls to look up too, is something that you can't put a price tag onto, and I hope that it is a sign of things to come in the music industry. Not that  AI hasn't produced these role models before, Even though Ruben ousted Clay, #1 spot will always be reserved for Clay. He is living proof that character counts.

Were there not, so many great moments, I would agree with you about
Bo and Constantine carrying the idol tour, however it was a great season and fans will turn out to see their favorites. The show will be changed into a rock star venue partly because of the talent pool, and most likely because it bombed last year.

I really wanted Bo to win, because he was my fave, but Carrie who is not only the all american girl has become america’s sweetheart. As Bo so graciously put it; America did make the right choice. And besides, Bo is heading for stardom with or without the title JMHO.

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
mainer
« Reply #717 on: May 27, 2005, 06:44:54 AM »

We thought that, on the same song, with the words "the place that I cry from," Bo far outdid Carrie, who we thought was more "off"  than Bo on the final night.  Saw her on TV yesterday, and they replayed strains of her winning performance -- and it was embarrassing -- she was straining and so out of tune that  my husband just groaned and walked out of the room.  But I think people look at the contest overall, and not just the final -- that if Carrie had the most support going into the contest, it didn't matter how she did Tuesday -- and who knows who would get Vonzelle's votes? maybe another female?  I agree that there are ways to manipulate the vote without actually changing it, and I also think it's very possible that Carrie actually won, but I do think that AI had already chosen Carrie and would have found a way to make it happen if it didn't (there is some clause that they can delete votes if they think there has been cramming, speed dialing, or something to that effect -- and no oversight).

I think you have something to Carrie being "America's sweetheart."  Saw Simon interviewed yesterday, and he said that he knew from day 1 she would win because, as he said he had told Jessica Sierra that Carrie had the "likeability" thing.  But I have to wonder, when it is not a contest and people can vote as many times as they wish, and when all the phone lines are maxed, and when it is  not really an election at all -- how a winner can possibly be predicted, unless chosen.  I guess I'm just a cynic!

When I watched the international music awards, held in Edinburgh several years ago -- Christina Aguilera hosted -- it was announced that R&B had taken over country as the #1 music genre worldwide -- a position country had held for some years.  Assumeably, country is still the #2 genre worldwide.

Air time has always been a problem for Clay.  I do believe that country music will open up air time for Carrie.  But as I said elsewhere, I 've always assumed that Clay will do a country album eventually -- he's a natural for the genre.

I think it is best for Bo that he came in second -- and it may be fair.  I sure hope he does get air time (and I sure hope Clay gets more than he's gotten, too).  I also think that the AI brass had decided on Carrie because she is less competition to the pop/rock/R&B music of the other idols.  Regarding Josh Gracin, who has benefitted by no Idol country competition,.  I think Carrie could either help Josh, by drawing attention to Idol's presence in country, or overpower him and knock him from his niche.
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #718 on: May 27, 2005, 07:26:49 AM »

Mainer, I could see the writing on the wall early in the season. People were so positive about Carrie, and she never once has had a hint of impropriety, and the gal can really sing, all of this aside of Simon's determination that she be the AI4. Country Music fits right into where AI should be heading, and Carrie will have a bright future waiting up ahead. of her. I can't wait to see what her album brings. i agree that it was an emotional night for both of them performing on the final 2, and they both can be forgiving for a case of nerves.

But then I'm so proud of Bo too. Having said that, his coming in second place will not hurt him in the long run. He has many fans who love him and who see a potential in him to be great, and his songs, as he writes them will be heard. They say that the eyes are the mirror of your soul, and I love what I see in his eyes.

Clay inadvertently, has taken us on this journey, and being known as the most successful of all idol contestants, He's never steered us wrong. He is the living American Idol within all of us, the person who makes us happy and joined us all in this journey, through our love and admiration of the man that he is and has become.
In fact, this group  has been awesome.

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

AI4
« Reply #719 on: May 27, 2005, 01:01:33 PM »

Hi,

I've been without Internet for a few days  Cry!  so have been unable to post.

I just reached a point where I didn't care who won!  I enjoyed this season but I never really connected with it.  I think Carrie and Bo will both do fine, but I don't know if they wil endure!

I actually was taping LOST and watching AI4, but I kept flippiing back to LOST and missed a lot of AI4.  I never felt the enthusiasm I felt for AI2, and probably never will recapture that feeling.

That's okay!  Clay is the Idol that wil endure!

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx