gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:42:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 157
Total: 157

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Keeping Up With Carrie  (Read 25932 times)
heartaiken
Claynewbie

« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2007, 05:46:44 PM »

It seems as tough carrie Underwood has improved a lot, she was on the Grammy's last night and I thought she was very entertaining and sounded great.
American Idol has done a lot of good for a lot of people.
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2007, 10:31:11 AM »

Feb 20 2007 6:00 AM EST

Carrie Underwood Re-Teams With 'Jesus' Collaborators, Others For New LPGrammy winner will also work with new songwriters.
By Corey Moss

Send Print You Tell Us

LOS ANGELES — Now that Carrie Underwood's won some Grammys as a country star, including Best New Artist, when can we expect to see her take on some of the other genres she conquered as the winner of the fourth season of "American Idol"?

(Come on — you know you want more songs like her big-haired rendition of Pat Benatar's "Love Is a Battlefield.")

"No, no," Underwood said. "I love country music and they've been so great to me, it's just been amazing. All the people in it are amazing, so that's definitely where I want to stay." In fact, Underwood is already at work on the follow-up to her five-times platinum Some Hearts.

"We started writing and putting songs together and mapping out what we want to do with it," the Oklahoma native said. "We're just gonna go in and hope it does just a teeny fraction of what this past one did."

Underwood has so far collaborated with the same team of writers behind her country smashes like "Jesus, Take the Wheel" (Brett James, Hillary Lindsay, Gordon Sampson and Jonathan Yudson) and "Before He Cheats" (Chris Thompson and Josh Kear).

"I'm starting out with them and I'm getting comfortable writing and stuff like that. And then I'm going to move on to people I don't know so well and see where it takes me," Underwood said.

In the meantime, she just released the fifth single from Some Hearts, "Wasted."

"It was one of the first ones that we ended up recording and I'm just very lucky to get my hands on it," Underwood said. "It's about a girl who's with a guy who has a problem and she's going to leave him. It's kind of a sad song, but it's kind of upbeat, so it's the best of both worlds."

Last week, Underwood became the first country artist to win Best New Artist since Shelby Lynne won in 2001 (see "Timberlake Rocks; Blige Weeps; Chicks, Chilis Clean Up At Grammys").

"It feels really awesome just because there was so much talent in that category and it was an all-genre category, so for a country person to be recognized, it's amazing for me," she said. "It's amazing for country music."

In her acceptance speech, Underwood clearly thanked "American Idol," differentiating herself from other past contestants who have tried to distance themselves from the show.

" 'American Idol' is the reason that I'm here — period, end of story," Underwood said backstage. "There's no way I'd be doing anything like this if it weren't for 'American Idol.' And it's awesome for the new season of contestants to see that great things can happen, [like it has this year] for myself, Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1552728/20070216/underwood__carrie.jhtml?rsspartner=rssYahooNewscrawler

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
Ilovetowrite
UltimateFan

« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2007, 08:00:40 AM »

For those of you who like Carrie, she is scheduled to be on Saturday Night Live March 24.

Keeper of Clays straight hair and Flip flops.

CLAY'S BUS BABE.
Clays Traveling Gypsy.
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2007, 05:08:28 PM »

Thu. April 26.2007 6:18 PM EDT
Carrie Underwood Makes People's "Beautiful" List

Carrie Underwood, Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon are among those included in People magazine's annual "100 Most Beautiful People" list. Actress Drew Barrymore tops the celebrity list in the magazine's May 7 issue. In addition to Underwood, other singers and musicians featured include Alicia Keys, Jennifer Lopez and Fall Out Boy bassist Pete Wentz. Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Sandra Bullock, Halle Berry, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tyra Banks, Jennifer Garner, Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Aniston are also on the list. Kidman is married to Keith Urban. Witherspoon, a Nashville native, portrayed June Carter Cash in the film, Walk the Line.

http://www.cmt.com/news/articles/1558208/20070426/underwood__carrie.jhtml

AI Forum Moderator
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2007, 05:10:52 PM »

Carrie Underwood Moved By African Trip
Star finds it a "deeply moving experience"

By Neil Hailsop

NASHVILLE, TN Thursday Apr.26.2007 /netmusiccountdown.com/ -- We're told that fans who view Carrie Underwood's reaction to her early April trip to South Africa for American Idol's "Idol Gives Back," will see a sensitive young artist who found it a "deeply moving experience."

Carrie's trip will be chronicled in an exclusive music video package that will air on TONIGHT'S telecast of the strip organized by American Idol and Comic Relief. During her two-day tour Underwood and three members of her band visited and played for schools, orphanages, hospices and health care centers in and around Johannesburg. Carrie says she was happy to make the trip as soon as she got the details,

"When I heard American Idol was raising money-not just for people in Africa, but also for people in the US-I just thought it was a wonderful thing. They started talking about how much money they had already raised and...you just think of how that much money could do so much good in places that really need it. So, when they asked if I'd like to be a part of it, it was, 'Of course-I'd love to be a part of it.' I was in from the start."

Once in Africa, seeing the kind of epic poverty and disease that's rampant in many parts of the continent, Carrie says that it's not easy to talk and think about some of the things she saw first hand. Nevertheless, she explains why it's important for all of us to do so.

"I just think it's something that nobody really likes to think about or talk about or look at. And I'm including myself in that, because nobody wants to think about children suffering. And nobody wants to think about children going hungry and dying from AIDS and things like that. You force yourself to look at and take in and realize how they have it and how lucky we are. I think it'll make me appreciate my life so much more. And hopefully, we can make their lives better."

Carrie says she feels a responsibility to help people when and where she can. "People that are in the public eye and people that put themselves out there and have high-profile careers-I think it's a social responsibility to do as much good with that as possible. And if you have the ability to make the world even just a little bit better, I think it's really important that you try your hardest to do that."

More on Carrie Underwood

Copyright ©2007, Net Music Countdown ®. All Rights Reserved

[urlhttp://www.netmusiccountdown.com/inc/news_article.php?id=12544[/url]

AI Forum Moderator
clayniac4ver
Claymaniac

clayed on 5/27/08 on g105 yesterday

« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2007, 10:10:52 AM »

my favorite carrie underwood song of all time is Inside Your Heaven!!!!

is carrie underwood going to be recording anymore albums?

alyse

"faith has concered my fear since i got the album"

got clayed on the 13th of january on g105
clayniac4ver
Claymaniac

« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2007, 11:05:37 AM »

attention carrie underwood fans

on tuesday october 23 carrie underwood will be releasing her brand new album called Carnival ride be sure and get a copy

alyse

clayniac4ver
Claymaniac

« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2007, 06:09:07 AM »

carrie underwoods new cd released yesturday yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay

alyse

clayniac4ver
Claymaniac

« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2007, 11:07:23 AM »

carries new cd rocks

alyse

gfx