gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:23:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 215
Total: 215

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Keeping Up With Carrie  (Read 25934 times)
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« on: May 08, 2005, 09:18:47 AM »

Hello Again - Here is a thread for connection to information on Carrie.

This link contains information, multimedia, etc...

Carrie Underwood

and this next site is a fan site for Carrie fans - They call themselves Carrie's Care Bears.

Carrie's Care Bears

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
clays#1fan
UltimateFan

Clay's Speedracer

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 11:39:16 AM »

i am all for carrie and i hope she wins!! i am a part of the carrie care bears and i am care bear #139   gooooooooooo carrie!!  

Joyce wave
Clay makes me happier than a kitten chasing a leaky cow!  
I love Clay more today, but not as much as tomorrow!
www.myspace.com/joyce1010
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 07:24:15 PM »

Carrie's hometown says she's polite

2005-05-10 19:27:53  ABC News      

When asked about Carrie Underwood, people in her small hometown of Checotah, Oklahoma call her polite, smart, and respectful. Carrie is another of American Idol's favorite top 4, Bo Bice being the other. Carrie definitely has no shortage of fans in her 3,800 fellow Checotah natives.

Holly Paulsboe, Underwood's sorority sister at Sigma Sigma Sigma at Northeastern State University, said Underwood was a dedicated member and a good student who also has an eclectic taste in music.

"Some people think she's strictly country, but there are other genres she likes," Paulsboe said. "She listens to heavy metal too."

The principal of her former high school said she was a good student.

Carrie's hometown says she's polite

AI Forum Moderator
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 07:25:56 PM »

Idol' Finalist Underwood Has Town Talking

'Idol' Finalist Underwood Has Her Small Town of Checotah, Okla. Talking

By SEAN MURPHY Associated Press Writer
The Associated Press

May 9, 2005 — In the small Oklahoma town of Checotah, ranchers who gather at Katy's Cafe for breakfast usually talk about cattle prices or whether the crappie are biting at Lake Eufaula.

Reality television typically wasn't part of the conversation until Checotah native Carrie Underwood became a finalist on "American Idol."

"Carrie is probably the number one conversation right now," said said 76-year-old Lloyd Jernigan, director of the Chamber of Commerce for the town of about 3,800.

Friends and family of the 22-year-old college senior describe her as a polite, quiet, small-town girl with a beautiful voice.

"She never did do anything out of line," said Carl Shatswell, Underwood's grandfather. "You couldn't ask for any better youngster growing up."

And while Shatswell described Underwood as quiet and shy, that description changed when it came to her singing.

"I figured she'd make something of it, because she's sung all of her life," he said. "She went to Kansas one time and was singing on the bus. Her grandmother and me, we tried to get her to hush up, but the rest of the folks on there, they wanted her to keep singing.

"She was just three at the time."

Holly Paulsboe, Underwood's sorority sister at Sigma Sigma Sigma at Northeastern State University, said Underwood was a dedicated member and a good student who also has an eclectic taste in music.

"Some people think she's strictly country, but there are other genres she likes," Paulsboe said. "She listens to heavy metal too."

In 2001, Underwood was the salutatorian of Checotah High School, which has about 450 students in grades 9-12. Principal Pam Keeter said Underwood was always a good student who was dedicated to her studies and her musical pursuits.

"She's smart, polite, respectful," Keeter said. "She's just one of those kids."

Keeter did recall Underwood sported an unusual look when she delivered a speech at the high school graduation ceremony a black eye courtesy of a stray softball.

"She was playing softball and ended up with a black eye, and maybe even a broken nose," Keeter said. "You might look at her and think she's real delicate, but she's no sissy. She just came up and gave that speech and kept going."

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Print This StoryPrint This Story E-mail This ArticleEmail This Article  RSS Headlines  Newsletters

Lockheed Workplace Murders Targeted Blacks
Are More Older Women With Younger Men?
Is Your Marriage on the Brink?
Most Sent Headlines
Many Turn to Prayer, Not Prescriptions
Is Bottled Water Better Than Tap?
Who-Bun-It? 10-Foot Wiener Stolen in S.C.
More Most Sent Headlines

'Idol' Finalist Underwood Has Town Talking

AI Forum Moderator
Clay's Ladylove
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 09:19:50 PM »

HELLO CARRIE AND EVERYONE! wave CONGRATULATIONS CARRIE!!! "YOU ARE OUR AMERICAN IDOL 2005!!!           WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! YOU GO GIRL! YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE AN AWESOME SINGING CAREER! YOU TRULY DESERVE IT CARRIE! I LOVE YOU! GOD BLESS YOU AND WONDERFUL FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND FANS ALL AROUND THE WORLD! MYSELF INCLUDED! YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL VOICE CARRIE! I WOULD LOVE TO MEET YOU SOMEDAY. THAT WOULD BE NEAT! HAVE FUN CARRIE!!! MY FAMILY AND I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH AND WE CAN'T WAIT UNTIL YOUR CD SINGLE AND YOUR FULL FLEDGED CD COMES OUT. I WILL BE THE FIRST IN LINE TO BUY BOTH OF YOUR CD'S. AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS CARRIE! BYE SWEET GIRL! wave

HUGS, PEACE, LOVE, AND MANY BLESSINGS,

YOUR FRIEND AND NUMBER #1 FAN,

JULIE  

ONE OF CARRIE'S MANY ANGELS Angel THAT BROUGHT HER TO AMERICAN IDOL AND HELPED HER WIN THE TITLE OF AMERICAN IDOL!

CARRIE UNDERWOOD: AMERICAN IDOL WINNER 2005!!!
stellium
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 03:46:13 PM »

Carrie's sorority,  Sigma Sigma Sigma (Tri Sigma) announced today on her official fansite that she has signed with Arista Records,  a sister company to RCA under the umbrella of BMG headed by Clive Davis.    The RCA Music Entertainment Group includes both RCA Records and Arista.  

Arista Records includes Barry Manilow,  Kenny G,  Babyface,  and Sarah McLachland.    Here is the Associated Press article today telling of the RCA Music Group executive calling Carrie during an interview and telling her they look forward to working with her recording her country album in New York:  

LOS ANGELES May 26, 2005 — Carrie Underwood said winning "American Idol" was "the best night of my life" and she had an estimated 29.4 million witnesses.

The preliminary audience estimate from Nielsen Media Research was up slightly from the 28.8 million who watched Fantasia Barrino take the "American Idol" crown last year.

Shortly after Underwood won Wednesday night, she was greeted by an enthusiastic and important fan: A top executive at the company that will put out her first recording.

"We can't wait to meet with you in New York," Richard Sanders, general manager of RCA Music Group, told Underwood after briefly interrupting an interview.

Underwood, a 22-year-old from Checotah, Okla., with a sweet smile and an affinity for country music, looked dazed after besting runner-up Bo Bice in Fox TV's talent contest.

"This is the best night of my life. And it's going to get better," Underwood told The Associated Press.

Friends and family describe Underwood as a polite, quiet, small-town girl who is dedicated to music. Underwood's mother, Carole, said she hoped her daughter's success wouldn't change her.

But Underwood said there's no reason to worry. She plans to focus on the country sound and won't abandon her roots.

"I want my permanent address to be in Oklahoma," she said. "Someday, when I get married and I have kids, that's where I want to raise my kids."

Good thing she has her own personal jet at her disposal !   It might help her get home more,  or bring people to her,  whenever she gets homesick.
Achin'4Aiken
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 03:54:39 PM »

:( I wanted Bo to win!!! Even though I like carrie I wanted Bo to win!! But he is still getting a contract so it doesn't matter  
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 10:49:24 PM »

Although I know it is a sister company to RCA, it's interesting that she signed with Arista. A lot of their artists are from the R&B and Hip Hop genres. Very few "pop" singers. But, hey, maybe they are looking to branch out! They have a good one to start with in Carrie!

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
mainer
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 01:58:08 PM »

I also think the Arista thing is interesting -- remeber when Ruben was signed to another label (under the RCA umbrella, I think, though) and CLay got RCA and Clive Davis?  Clive Davis and Bo are already working together, I think they said.  I suppose Clive Davis can't do everything, may feel others are better in various genres -- but this might mean that he is personally more interestd in Bo....???
clay_fan_20
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 04:47:45 PM »

it's confirmed that Bo is going to be sign in RCA... check the Bo Bice thread i posted a great article there
tiff
UltimateFan

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005, 07:52:36 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS TO CARRIE!!

I'm very happy for her and really wish her the best of luck. She was my favourite out of this season (not a fan of Bo, sorry!). I really look farword to getting her first cd!!

"And the one poor child who saved this world, and there's ten million more who probably could if we all just stopped and said a prayer for them" - Goo Goo Dolls, 'Better Days'
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2005, 09:27:13 PM »

Carrie can be seen on the following upcoming programs:

31 May: Live with Regis & Kelly (SYN)
1 June: The Early Show (CBS)
1 June: The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (Comedy Central)
2 June: The View (ABC)
8 June: The Ellen Degeneres Show -- this one has already been taped.

J RECORDS
I thought Carrie signed with Arista, but she's on the J Records website.

You can download her interview with Jay Leno via this yousendit link.  Left click it.  Available until link expires only!

You can also watch an interview she did with KTVU on the KTVU website.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 08:36:07 PM »

Arista Records Sign American Idol 4' Champion Carrie Underwood; 'Inside Your Heaven' The Debut Single from Underwood Will Hit Stores on June 14

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 1, 2005--After competing against more than 100,000 contestants, Carrie Underwood, the country girl from Oklahoma that won the hearts of America by winning this year's American Idol competition on May 25th, has made her recording deal official.

Underwood has signed to Arista Records with legendary music man Clive Davis, Chairman of BMG U.S., in conjunction with Simon Fuller and 19 Recordings Limited.

Underwood joins the ranks of other Idols that have gone on to have outstanding music careers under the guidance of Davis such as Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Clay Aiken and Fantasia who are all platinum artists and have collectively sold over 12 million albums and climbing. Davis will also produce, in conjunction with Simon Fuller, Underwood's full-length debut album to be released this Fall.

The Idol original composition "Inside Your Heaven" which Underwood sang brilliantly at the finale was serviced to radio immediately following the taping. The single, backed with her version of Martina McBride's "Independence Day," will hit retail outlets on June 14th.

Read the rest at BUSINESS WIRE
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2005, 08:39:22 PM »

Will country girl make country album?

So will Carrie Underwood, the first country singer to win American Idol, actually make a country album?

Carrie told reporters backstage after Wednesday's win that that's what she wants to do.

"I'm definitely going to stick to country, maybe some crossover, like Shania and Faith Hill. That's where my heart is," Carrie, a 21-year-old Okie, said.

But Carrie is under contract to the Idol folks, who really have a lot of control over what she does next. Carrie will be part of the international BMG record label family, and the head of that operation in Nashville, Joe Galante, said yesterday he's not sure what'll happen next.

Joe did confirm, though, that he had had a conversation with label execs in New York about Carrie. But no decisions have been made.

Rascal Flatts soaks up some Hollywood juice

Speaking of American Idol, the boys of Rascal Flatts had a fine time on Wednesday's finale show where they paired with eventual winner Carrie Underwood for a duet of Bless the Broken Road.

Among the celebs that Rascal Flatts' Gary LeVox, Joe Don Rooney and Jay DeMarcus hung with: ex-Baywatch stud David Hasselhoff, producer/singer Babyface, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Idol runner-up Bo Bice and Kenny G.

Kenny G. gave the boys some golf lessons. Babyface exchanged cell phone numbers with the guys and talked about them being part of a Bee Gees cover project. Babyface also wanted to write with the Flatts' guys.

And then there was Paula Abdul, who told the boys she already bought tix for the Rascal Flatts show in L.A. in July. But did Paula slip any of them her phone number?

"No," the Flatts publicist said yesterday, "but she hugged and kissed them."

THE TENNESSEAN
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2005, 07:41:17 PM »

Carrie Underwood is preparing to step onto a stage perhaps more formidable than the one that gained her millions of fans on her way to winning "American Idol." On June 10, the newly professional singer will make her Grand Ole Opry debut in Nashville.

The appearance will come as part of a host of Music City appearances curing CMA Music Festival Week. Prior to the Opry, Underwood will perform during the event's June 9 arena concert joining Dierks Bentley, Dolly Parton and the Grascals, Julie Roberts, Sugarland, Trick Pony, Keith Urban, Phil Vassar and Lee Ann Womack at Nashville's Coliseum.

Underwood will also perform during the "CMT: 100 Greatest Duets" concert, which will tape June 8 and air in September.

From Billboard.com
fantasys about clay
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2005, 09:05:16 PM »

I KNOW THIS IS KINDA LATE BUT I AM SOOOOOOOO HAPPY CARRIE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!         SHE SO DESERVED IT! I AM SOO HAPPY FOR HER AND SOOOO PROUD AND SHE IS GONNA MAKE A GREAT AMERICAN IDOL JUST LIKE KELLY! 2 GREAT IDOL WINNERS!    AND A  GREAT RUNNER -UP, CLAY!!!!!   I'M GONNA BUY HER SINGLE AND HER CD AND I KNOW SHE IS GONNA BE A STAR! WOOOHOOOOO GO CARRIE! AND I'M GONNA GO JOIN HER FAN SITE!

LOVE ALWAYS,
ANDREA~
clayistheway
Claymaniac

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2005, 09:42:39 AM »

Andrea,

Couldn't agree with you more.  I, too, think Carrie will be a great American Idol.  As much as I liked Bo (and I did like him alot), I think Carrie deserved the title more.

\"When was the last time you looked at a young person with a disability as someone who could help you as opposed to someone who needed help?\" -- Clay Aiken
The amazingly talented, sexy young man who is Clay Aiken!!!!!
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2005, 03:34:38 PM »

I love Grand Ole Opry and looking forward to Carrie's debut.

Underwood will also perform during the "CMT: 100 Greatest Duets" concert, which will tape June 8 and air in September.

Looking forward to this too. I remember when Kimberly Locke sang "I Fall to Pieces." on "CMT: 100 Greatest Hits." It Was so awesome...

Congrats to Carrie...

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
Galadriel
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2005, 07:15:25 PM »

Isn't Carrie on the cover of The National Enquirer? It is some ridiculous thing about her and Anthony and Bo. I didn't read it. I never buy those but I see them in the checkout line. Doesn't Rupert Murdoch own both Fox and the Enquirer?  I guess they want to sell papers and advertise Carrie all at the same time.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2005, 09:13:28 PM »

I saw that very thing today as well Galadriel.  I went searching for info, and found this quote from Carrie:

Yes, it's a coincidence that American Idol top two Carrie Underwood and Bo Bice are both in Nashville.

Bo, an Alabamian, is here to look for a place to stay while he records a Southern rock album, and Carrie is here to meet country music movers and shakers because she's definitely making a country album.

So does this mean Carrie and Bo will be roommates?

You might remember that Clay Aiken and Nashville native Kimberley Locke shared a house after their season of American Idol. So Carrie, whadya say?

"I doubt his girlfriend would appreciate that," Carrie, laughing, told me yesterday.

Good point. Bo's girl might already be wary of Carrie because of that front-page National Enquirer story suggesting that Carrie, Bo and fellow Idol contestant Anthony Federov had an Idol triangle going.

"I got a good laugh out of it," Carrie said. "Bo and Anthony are my buddies, my brothers. I think we all got a big kick out of it."

Those dang tabloids!

"Oh no, it made me feel good. You know you've made it when. …"

From The Tennessean - and yes, it does say "dang."  Laughing
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx