gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:25:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 224
Total: 224

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Keeping Up With Bo  (Read 75375 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #400 on: May 14, 2007, 06:23:26 PM »

Talking to: Bo Bice     
Monday, May 14, 2007

By ERICA DIETSCHE
STAFF WRITER

Bo Bice, the Southern rocker who was runner-up to Carrie Underwood on Season 4 of "American Idol," is no longer the show's most successful rock musician. (That would be Chris Daughtry, who has said that Bice inspired him to audition.)

But Bice is one of the most notable male singers to come out of the competition; only Clay Aiken and Daughtry have joined him on the top 40 Billboard chart, though Bice's album has sold far fewer copies than theirs.

Part of this can be attributed to a debut album that, in some fans' opinions, went for commercial pop instead of Southern rock.

On "The Real Thing," "I hear good singing ... but I don't hear Bo," stated a customer review on amazon.com. "There's a plethora of poppy rock out there these days. Bo and the producers could have brought back the real thing."

On the phone from his back yard in Nashville, where he was playing with son Aidan, Bice, 31, discussed an upcoming album that's more true to his style, life after "American Idol" and what's next.

Q. What have you been doing in Nashville?

It's really my first time to really be normal since the last tour. It's nice to be home and be a dad, but man, I am so looking forward to getting back on the road. My wife is looking forward to getting me out of the house (laughs). I'm also working on a new CD.

Q. Tell me about the upcoming album.

I'm working with some incredible people, musicians who have been in the business for a long time. I feel grateful, like they're throwing the new guy a bone.

This album is really special to me; it's songs that I wrote. There's not a writer on this CD that I didn't reach out to. A lot of these people I've known for over a decade; it's great to be able to link back up with them. I'm working with Chris Tompkins, who wrote the Carrie Underwood song "Before He Cheats." I called Chris to congratulate him and said, "Hey, let's write."

The album is a special journey for me, I'm getting back to what I love. We're shooting for a fall release. It's a genuine Bo Bice album.

Q. What's life like after "American Idol?"

It was a pretty easy transition for me. I didn't really fit the "Idol" mold.

Q. Looking back, what do you make of the whole experience?

Being somebody who has worked their entire career in music, I never ever dreamed that "American Idol" would be the point that lifted me to being known, not just in the U.S. but around the world. I owe it a lot.

Q. Have you been watching "American Idol" this season?

I don't have a lot of time to watch, I've been busy recording. I visited the kids when I went to L.A. for the "Blades of Glory" premiere. You can hear my little redneck butt singing if you stick around for the credits.

I go back every year, mainly to say hello to the people behind the scenes. I always like to thank them. I'm always going to be an alum, I'm always going to be grateful.

Q. How is your health? Have your stomach problems been resolved?

I've had problems with my stomach for over a decade. I didn't know what it was. But I have great doctors out in L.A. who take care of me, and I haven't had problems in a while. I'm trying to take better care of my body. I'm looking forward to a healthy, fun year, the first one for me in a long time.

Q. Will your family be on tour with you?

They'll probably come out and see a few dates. They've got some plans that don't involve me.

Q. What's a Bo Bice concert like?

I play a lot of covers. I like introducing new generations, younger folks, to Marshall Tucker, Willie Nelson, the Allman Brothers. I don't even call (performing) really a job. I enjoy what I do so much.

I don't think people even know how excited I am; for me this is really getting back to the roots of where I come from. I started in clubs, playing with my band on weekends. It's really special for me to go back and get in touch with the fans again.

AREA DATES
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

•  7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Canal Room, 285 W. Broadway, Manhattan. $40 advance, $45 day of show. 21 and over. 212-941-8100 or canalroomlive.com. (All fans are invited to a meet-and-greet event with Bice after the show.)

•  8:30 p.m. Saturday, The Chance, 6 Crannell St., Poughkeepsie, N.Y. $22.50. 845-471-1966 or thechancetheatre.com

North Jersey.com
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #401 on: May 16, 2007, 07:55:09 PM »

According to this, posted at the CH, Bo has signed with Clay's management team, Simon Renshaw and Strategic Artists.  It's from a UCLA Law website, so no link.

Music Manager Simon Renshaw, principal of Strategic Artist Management is a thirty year veteran of the entertainment industry and is probably best known for guiding the Dixie Chicks’ career to superstardom. He also manages multi-platinum international superstar Anastacia, pop culture phenomenon Clay Aiken and recent country music breakout artist Miranda Lambert. Prior to forming Strategic in Los Angeles last spring, he represented those clients and others as co-head of the music department at The Firm for four years after the company absorbed his then-Nashville-based management shop in 2001. Strategic Artist Management also recently signed 2005 American Idol finalist Bo Bice for representation and is developing several new young artists. Renshaw was the recipient of the 2000 Pollstar Personal Manager of the Year award, and a 2003 Bill of Rights Award from the ACLU, he also currently serves on the boards of Rock the Vote, and the Recording Artist Coalition which strives to promote and protect the creative rights of musical artists.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #402 on: June 20, 2007, 06:54:50 PM »

What could be Bo's first single from the next album is up on his MySpace page.  Bo sounds amazing.

BoSpace
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx