gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:07:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 282
Total: 282

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Keeping Up With Bo  (Read 75377 times)
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« on: May 08, 2005, 09:12:51 AM »

Hey everyone - over the next few days I will be adding a sticky for each of the top four contestants - with whatever information I can find on them.

Here's a link to a web-site where you can download music from Bo's band - Sugar Money!

Sugar Money

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 07:08:02 PM »

Quote from: aikenseeker
Hey everyone - over the next few days I will be adding a sticky for each of the top four contestants - with whatever information I can find on them.

Here's a link to a web-site where you can download music from Bo's band - Sugar Money!

Sugar Money

Over-acheiver.   Nener nener!   LOL

Did someone say Bo?   Drool

He kinda has that Come Hither look, doesn't he?   Can I go hither, Susy?  CAN I?  :kuzguz

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

clay_fan_20
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 11:18:13 PM »

I LOVE BO!!!

i don't like the mustache (sp) on Bo!... the 3 day old beard i love it, but the longer beard noooooo lol anyway i still love him!

here are some pics from LeeAnn from the bice squad..

lol

if you want to see more pics go to:
The Bice Squad
clay_fan_20
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 11:34:51 PM »

more pics you can see on my photobucket folder

here
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 04:18:23 AM »

Dear lord!

*first thing in the morning you people are trying to kill me*

Between picture of Clay and pictures of Bo I don't think my heart can take it!

*whimpers*

Here's a new Bo article. From now on Articles about individual contestants will be posteed in their own threads while general AI articles will still go in News and Information.

What can I say Lady C? Giggle.

Bice cousins keep up with L.A.

By Ronnie Thomas
DAILY Staff Writer
rthomas@decaturdaily.com · 340-2438

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. — How do you make the scenes in the sprawling Los Angeles area on limited time?

In my case, you follow the lead of Bo Bice's cousins, who know how to divide and conquer.

For example, on Tuesday, our first day, five of our 10-member group — Bice relatives Tim and Melissa Patrick and Karen Mayer, Matty Johnson of WZYP radio, and I — cheered Bice on the hour-long "American Idol" show in Hollywood.

Meanwhile, the other five — Anthony and Evie Hawkins, Rhea Tilley, Linda Case and Patty Malone — had tickets given by "Access Hollywood" to "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" at NBC studios in Burbank.

On Wednesday, the roles switched. My group went to "The Tonight Show" and the others attended the "Idol" results show.

After "American Idol" on Tuesday night, nine members of our troupe attended a Bo Watch at Saddle Ranch Restaurant in Universal City, sponsored by "Access Hollywood." They mingled with Warren Tabotol, a Bice Squad leader in the Los Angeles area, who manages the fan club's Web site (www.bicesquad.net), and other Bice Squad members. The Hollywood Fox affiliate and "Entertainment Tonight" also interviewed some of Bice's family.

I stayed behind to file a story, letting DAILY readers know Bice shone once more in Tuesday's competition.

The five attending Wednesday's results show were in for a treat, too. They participated in a send-off party for Scott Savol, hosted by "Idol" producers.

"In person, Scott comes across as witty and intelligent, a sweetheart," said Tilley. "He said he wasn't bitter and was happy to have made it as far as he did. We told him we expected to buy his CDs for many years to come."

The party also doubled as a birthday celebration for 20-year-old Anthony Fedorov.

"Bo brought in his birthday cake," Evie Hawkins said. "We found all five of the contestants and their families to be friendly and supportive of each other. The singers are obviously close knit and have established a strong, caring bond."

On Wednesday morning, I managed a hasty trip to Hollywood Boulevard for a stroll on Hollywood's Walk of Fame. The two stars embedded in the sidewalk that gave me pause honored gossip columnist Walter Winchell and country music legend Hank Williams.

Although concerned about getting rental cars, checked in at the airport and making the flight out of Los Angeles International Airport early Thursday afternoon, we were still scrambling to sightsee that morning. Several of us stood at Venice Beach watching surfers and the playful antics of sea gulls.

This week, when Bice fans gather Tuesday at Mamas Country Diner for another Bo Watch, among those the singer will welcome to Hollywood are his mother, Nancy Downes of Covington, Ga., his grandmother, "Granny Madge" Schofield of Somerville, his girlfriend, Caroline Fisher, and her mother, Wanda Fisher, both of Birmingham.

The trip will mark Schofield's first to the "American Idol" stage. She talked about it with Tilley.

"I've been to a lot of big cities, and I know how to conduct myself," Schofield said. "But I'm not quite sure how I should act out there in L.A. I think I'm just going to be myself."

Tilley said she told her, "You do that, and you'll steal the city

Bice cousins keep up with L.A.

AI Forum Moderator
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 03:36:00 AM »

Geez, Bo pictures and Bo articles all on one thread. Be still my heart.
Thanks y'all, you're the greatest.] :woo

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 10:01:36 AM »

He is so, so, so.....yummy!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clay_fan_20
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 10:01:19 PM »

wohooooooooo BO IS SAFE BO IS SAFE!!!

aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 06:56:22 PM »

More From The Huntsville Times   |   Subscribe To The Huntsville Times
Helena? No. Hollywood? No. Pals know: 'Bo is Huntsville'
Big Somerville clan backs favorite son; Granny sews duds
Tuesday, May 10, 2005
By PATRICIA C. McCARTER
Times Staff Writer, patriciacm@htimes.com

Watching television and eating burgers from a diner down the road, Sue and Tom Poff sat inside their Fisher Street Apartments home Monday, unaware of their brush with fame.

They were living in the one-bedroom, $295-a-month apartment where "American Idol" contestant and Huntsville native Bo Bice lived in 2001.

"I love Bo," said Sue, 53. "I've voted for him. Well, I've voted for that country girl, too, but I think Bo is just great.

"Now that I know that he used to live in this apartment, I like him even more."

Her husband, 58, said: "Tell Bo that when he's done in Hollywood, he can move back in. I guess we really don't have the room, but tell him he's welcome to visit."

Bice - now among the final four contestants in the top-rated TV singing contest in which 100,000 musicians auditioned - hasn't lived in Huntsville for a few years, but the city still considers him its own.

He was born here. He helped form the band Purge that played two Big Spring Jams when local acts had difficulty getting stage time in the downtown concert. He was a regular with lots of fans at the Bench Warmer and Sports Page.

"You might hear that he's from Atlanta or Helena or London, but Bo is Huntsville," said band mate John Cooper, 31, who plays bass for Sugar Money, which is on hiatus until Bice is finished with "Idol."

"And he's the same guy he was in Huntsville. He's grounded.

"He can't cook and still doesn't know how to park a car straight, but he's a great guy."

Cooper - who was also in Purge and describes the band's sound as "Black Crowes meets Pearl Jam" - got to do what many of Bice's friends and family have done since this season's "American Idol" began airing in March. He went to Hollywood and cheered him on.

Cooper said anyone who knew Bice, 29, during the Huntsville/Purge days - 1994 to 1998 - still knows who the guy is. For the show, Bice is wearing the country-hippie-style clothes that his grandmother makes on the Singer sewing machine in her humble home outside Somerville.

(Not long after Bice debuted on "Idol" and the world learned that Granny Madge Schofield makes his costumes, someone broke into the Schofields' trailer and stole bolts of material to be used for his wardrobe. Levi Strauss has contacted her about designing a Bo Bice line.)

Rudy Galindo, the original manager of Purge when his son, Christian, was the drummer, agrees with the Bo-is-still-Bo claim. He said when he first saw Bice take the stage at the Tip Top Club in 1994, the singer had every bit as much stage presence as he does now, wowing the perennially unimpressed "Idol" judge Simon Cowell.

"That first night I told him, 'Go out there and pretend you're famous,' " Galindo said. "And he's been doing it ever since."

(Little known Bo fact from Galindo: "The boy could eat his weight in Moon Pies.")

That first night at the Tip Top, he was an easygoing, long-haired rocker wearing bowling shoes, plaid shorts and a Yamaha T-shirt. Granny Madge has glammed him up just a bit.

(Harold Bice got the nickname "Bo" when he was just a baby; Granny Madge had a crush on Humphrey Bogart. It's a fortuitous thing. The poster cheer "Go Bo!" flows better than "Go Harold!")

"You watch the show, and you'll see how the contestants' persona will evolve over the weeks," Galindo said. "But not Bo. And I think the country can identify with that. Besides the fact that he's an excellent performer, that's why he's still there."

Those who know Bice say they aren't at all surprised he's done so well on the show. He's been singing and playing and loving music since he could walk.

"He used to sit in front of the TV set and watch the 'Grand Ole Opry,' singing and working his little hands like he was playing the guitar," said his aunt Dee Sandifer. "His first guitar came from a yard sale. I think it cost a dollar.

"At age 3, he'd sit on the front step and charge us a quarter to hear him play 'A Country Boy Can Survive.' He taught himself, just by watching TV.

"So remember, vote Bo!"

Bice's family - and it's a huge one - has come together to support his "Idol" efforts. They've made T-shirts that they sell on eBay and at Mama's Country Diner in Somerville to help him pay his rent in Helena, south of Birmingham, while he's on the show.

His cousin Rhea Tilley of Somerville said Bice recently told the family to donate the proceeds to charity or to use the money to get out to Los Angeles to watch him perform. Each contestant gets "family tickets" each show, but they have to pay their own way out there.

"We've had yard sales and pretty much maxed out our credit cards," Tilley said. "It has been an amazing experience for the whole family. We've all known for years what a fantastic performer Bo is. Now, the whole world knows it, too."

So much seems strange to Bice's aunt: People want to touch the fabric in Granny Madge's buggy at Wal-Mart because it will one day be on Bo's back. ?The women at the bank say how "hot" he is, "when I remember changing his diapers." ?Restaurants in California don't offer pinto beans and cornbread. ?Some people made a fuss about his misdemeanor drug arrests from a few years back, "when he never claimed he was perfect."

At that, Sandifer pulls out a tie-dyed tank top she made that says, "I tried it once but never inhaled. Bo for President."

Helena? No. Hollywood? No. Pals know: 'Bo is Huntsville'

AI Forum Moderator
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 07:14:06 PM »

'Idol' Rocker Bice a Softy for Family

'Idol' Rocker Bo Bice Says He's a Big a Softy for Family, Hometown and Moon Pies

HELENA, Ala. May 9, 2005 — Bo Bice hasn't traded his grandma-made rocker threads for Hollywood's designer labels just yet.

While fellow "American Idol" contestants change hairdos and fashion styles weekly, the Alabama native remains true to his down-home garb sometimes fringed and earthy, at times glossy liquid leather and his signature, shoulder-length locks.

"They tried to do highlights, they tried to cut his hair Bo says no," said his mother, Nancy Downes. (Attempts at Willie Nelson-style braids and a run-in with a hair iron were also no-nos.)

Heading into Tuesday's final four match, Bice's fans in his hometown of Helena are watching even closer for any changes. They don't expect any from the 29-year-old Southern heartthrob who still wears the vintage attire designed and sewn by his grandmother and jewelry created by a local bead artist.

Bice is expected to wear the latest "really wild" creation from Grandma Madge Schofield and a jade necklace crafted by Helena artist Lora Popwell during Tuesday's performance, Downes said.

"Pretty much everybody knows the Bo on TV is who you get," said John Cooper, bassist and back up singer in Bice's band, SugarMoney.

His loyalty is evident: He has a steady girlfriend, a menagerie of dogs, cats and turtles, and a town that defends him like blood especially after he claimed Helena as his hometown over metros like his birthplace of Huntsville and better-known, nearby Birmingham.

Signs reading "Go Bo Go" are plastered all over Helena's storefronts, churches and City Hall building, and the Bice Squad fan club is looking for members.

"He's very loyal. You didn't hear a lot of negativity about him until Smoking Gun got a hold of it," said Helena spokeswoman Joy Childers, referring to a recent report by thesmokinggun.com about Bice's two drug arrests over the past four years.

By all accounts, the 10,000-population city stood by Bice during the ordeal, which had little effect on his popularity on the show.

Bice has emerged as an unexpected favorite, steadily gaining respect from the three "Idol" judges. When fellow rocker Constantine Maroulis was knocked off in the April 27 episode, Bice stepped into the forefront as the judges' "true rock star."

'Idol' Rocker Bice a Softy for Family

AI Forum Moderator
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 07:15:56 PM »

Bice nice, Underwood underwhelms
By Lauren Beckham Falcone
Thursday, May 12, 2005

Could a good ol' boy from Alabama be the next fashion icon?

Bo Bice's performance on ``American Idol'' didn't reveal any musical surprises, but it turns out this hirsute hottie has style with a capital S.

His first ensemble was hippie chic - a basic rocker wardrobe of a tunic and jeans. But singing ``For the Love of Money,'' Bice blew away the audience with his performance and his three-piece suit, rhinestone dollar-sign belt, sexy shades and - no kidding - flip-flops. Give him a few weeks and he'll be jumping off a rooftop into a pool, screaming ``I am a golden god.''

Now if he could just figure out what to do with that pesky accessory called a mike stand.

Carrie Underwood had her worst night vocally Tuesday, and her clothes were equally weak. Her glittery black tunic and jeans weren't awful, but it was simply the Hollywood version of Bice's pick (are they dressing together now?). Plus, who believes for one second that the Midwestern wide-eyed blonde is on the ``Sin Wagon''?

Please.

Her second outfit was worse. Everyone keeps saying Underwood knows who she is, but she hasn't a clue and the ensemble said it loud and clear. The white, waistless top said ``aerobics at noon!'' and the pinstriped slacks screamed ``4 p.m. meeting in the boss' office.''

Bice nice, Underwood underwhelms

AI Forum Moderator
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 07:18:38 PM »

Helena 'ready' for possible Bo visit

Helena's favorite rocker may come home Friday.

City officials confirmed Tuesday morning that American Idol contestant Bo Bice would return to Helena and the Birmingham area Friday - if he staves off elimination tonight.

"It's all contingent on him making the top three," city spokesperson Joy Childers said. "Idol will bring the top three contestants to their hometowns on Friday."

If Bice returns Friday, he will only be in town for a few hours. He'll spend much of that time in interviews with local media.

Bice would likely make an appearance at the city's Buck Creek Festival that begins Friday night - but that doesn't mean he will sing.

"The rumor Bo is going to do a concert is bogus," Childers said.

"Bo-mania" is continuing to grow in Bice's hometown. Helena children planned to hoist posters of support Tuesday afternoon (after presstime) at a city grocery store for passing motorists -just hours before Bice and the other three remaining finalists performed.

Childers has already received inquiries from south Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky and Mississippi about Bice's possible appearance.

There were also overflow crowds last week at Incahoots, the Wednesday night hangout for Bice fans.

"Last week, it was pandemonium," Childers said.

Helena Mayor Sonny Penhale commented on the local support recently on the city's website.

"It seems that the talk of the town, and indeed the country these days, is our own Bo Bice," Penhale said.

"Residents have enjoyed the party atmosphere Bo has created here. Of course, we've known for a long time that Helena residents are always on the lookout for a reason to have a party, and can always be counted on for their support."

Bice is expected by most American Idol prognosticators to make the final three.

In fact, most Idol prognosticators predict Bice will battle Oklahoma's Carrie Underwood in the finals.

According to an online poll by msnbc.com last week, 45 percent of people think Bice will win the entire competition.

That's exactly the same percentage of people who think Underwood will win.

Vonzell Solomon (nine percent) and Anthony Federov (two percent) are distant challengers.

Seventy-seven percent of respondents on the website also predict Federov will be voted off tonight's program that airs at 8 p.m. on FOX.

"The oddsmakers in Vegas believe Anthony is going to go," Childers said.

Bice earned praise last week for singing "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King and "Heaven" by Los Lonely Boys.

"I think you made some of the other contestants here look like amateurs," judge Simon Cowell said.

A press conference announcing details of Bice's return will be held Thursday morning, assuming he makes the final three.

Childers said it is too early now to predict Bice's itinerary, but promises "Helena will be ready."

- Patrick Johnston

Helena 'ready' for possible Bo visit

AI Forum Moderator
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 07:20:41 PM »

American Idol's Bo Bice soon a daddy?
Posted May 9, 2005, 4:28 PM ET by Keith McDuffee
Filed under: Talent, Industry, FOX, American Idol

Star Magazine is reporting that Bo Bice, one of this season's American Idol finalists, is soon to be a dad. Apparently Bice's girlfriend is pregnant, according to his grandmother's report to Star, so obviously this has to be taken with a grain of salt. Jen Garner, now this. They say this sort of news comes in threes, so who's next?

American Idol's Bo Bice soon a daddy?

AI Forum Moderator
clay_fan_20
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 07:58:48 PM »

i love this review

'American Idol' Recap: Bo Knows Rock — And Country And Funk  
05.11.2005 7:45 AM EDT  

Bice is versatile, Vonzell gets emotional, and Anthony pulls off a classic that Carrie couldn't ace.

May 10 - Theme: Country/Sounds of Philadelphia (songs of Gamble & Huff)

Surprise performance: Poor Anthony had to close the show singing "If You Don't Know Me By Now" — after the judges hated Carrie's rendition of the same song just minutes earlier. But A-'Rov nailed it, perhaps securing his spot in the final three.

Fashion hits and misses: Just like her first performance, Vonzell's dress was all over the place. It was a country theme, so we'll excuse Anthony's denim on denim. The hit of the night was Bo in mirrored shades and a suit (sans dress shirt).

Judging the judges: Maybe it was the judges getting along, but something just seemed off. A parade of previous "Idol" finalists (John Stevens, Jasmine Trias, La Toya London, Mikalah Gordon) showed up, seemingly to support Paula Abdul in the wake of scandal (see "Corey Clark Advertises Paula Abdul Affair, LP On 'Primetime' "). She responded by not saying much that made sense. Randy, what exactly does "doing your thing" mean? As usual, Simon was on the money with his critiques and brought back his signature analogies, comparing Anthony singing a soul song to "Woody Allen playing the lead in 'Shaft.' " He even showed some tact with an emotional Vonzell.

Best audience sign: "She's a Little Bit Country, She's a Little Bit Rock 'n' Roll." Carrie's known as the country girl, but let's not forget some of her rockin' performances.

Who will go: No one deserves it, but it's probably Vonzell.

Who needs to step it up: At this point, everyone. There are no more easy weeks. With the possible exception of Bo, each of the singers had one off performance, and the song selections were average at best. To win it, you need the equivalent of Fantasia's "Summertime" last season.

Who is the one to beat: Remember Bo Jackson's "Bo Knows" campaign: Bo knows football, Bo knows baseball, etc.? Well, "Idol" finalist Bo should adopt it. Bo knows rock. And as he proved Tuesday, Bo knows country. And Bo knows funk. And he's got personality to boot.

MTV.com
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2005, 06:05:42 AM »

His first ensemble was hippie chic - a basic rocker wardrobe of a tunic and jeans. But singing ``For the Love of Money,'' Bice blew away the audience with his performance and his three-piece suit, rhinestone dollar-sign belt, sexy shades and - no kidding - flip-flops. Give him a few weeks and he'll be jumping off a rooftop into a pool, screaming ``I am a golden god.''

"Go Bo Go"

Awesome Stage Presence,  Awesome Song, Awesome Man.  

Thanks guys for all the articles on bo that you print here.

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2005, 07:03:47 AM »

Quote from: Franny

"Go Bo Go"

Awesome Stage Presence,  Awesome Song, Awesome Man.  

Thanks guys for all the articles on bo that you print here.

Well said, Franny.  And, uh ... did anyone get any pictures of THAT?   Smack

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

clay_fan_20
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2005, 02:57:31 PM »

here are some caps from this week

i just love howhe looks here lol

you can see more here:
http://photobucket.com/albums/y123/BiceSquad/Bo%20Bice/Top%204%20Show/?action=logout
clay_fan_20
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2005, 03:16:47 PM »

you might know that the top 3 went to their hometowns, here are some pics of Bo... he played with lynard skynard (they asked to play with Bo) he did a mini concert there, he also played with his band Sugar money on the rooftop of Fox on alabama for a tv apperence, and he was also in a radio interview here are some pics of that

http://photobucket.com/albums/y204/melissad72/

http://photobucket.com/albums/y123/BiceSquad/Bo%20Bice/Hometown%20Visit/

http://t4tots.smugmug.com/gallery/532644/1/22022478

this is from his tv appereance

got this from the Bice Squad, they got it from the TWOP board:

Bo's making his way to the TV station, and has lots of fans along the roadway. One sign reads "BOrn to rock," and another one "We BOlieve."

Squee!!! Bo is making his way up the drive to the station in a limo, and he has just rolled down the window and is talking to his fans. He looks so good!! They're following his every move into the station. He is kind to every person he meets. The interview is going well, he's a natural on TV. He's very quick-witted. They mentioned that his hair has really grown out, and he said 'yeah, I need a trim." He said that he likes the stylists for AI, but they want to cut his hair, low-light it, high-light it, side-light, and every kind of light you can do!! He's not too keen on that idea! Okay, I'll post more after his interview.  

Oh, man, Bo just sang Whipping Post with HIS band, on the rooftop of the TV studio. It was awesome! He's now singing the Gavin DeGraw song - he's gotta promote the CD. Try http://www.wbrc.com to see if they'll link any of the performances he's doing - that's the local Fox station he's at. They're extending the local morning show (cutting into the Regis & Kelly show) just so Bo can keep singing. Just to see him jamming with his band is so awesome. The AI camera crew is with him, so maybe they'll show some of this next week on AI.

Bo mentioned the fact that he flubbed his lyrics last week. He said he had been nervous the whole week before Tuesday's show, then a calm came over him on Tuesday. He didn't seem upset about messing up the lyrics - just one of those things that happens.

Bo's Mom is so sweet. She said that she loves Bo so much, but is willing to share that love will all his fans!!

For all the people who doubt Bo's talent (not us, of course!), they should've just seen his performance outside, on the rooftop - it was great! He just sang Sweet Home Alabama and it rocked!! What he just did this morning should be shown on AI to show people he's the real deal! He even added in people's names to SHS to make it more personal. When he sang "and the govenors true," he threw in our Govenors name since he just spoke with him by phone. He acknowledged his goddaughter in their too since she was in the crowd. He just sounded so professional. He adds such a depth to his performance that the other AI contestants don't. His Mom was rockin' out to the music too.  

That's all the info I have. So sorry you guys couldn't see it all too. AI followed Bo's every move, so with any luck, you'll get to see some of it. Also, he's dressed in jeans (pants & shirt), flip flops and has his sunglasses on.

pics from the tv apperenace:
http://www.wbrc.com/bovisitsfox6.shtml
clay_fan_20
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2005, 03:27:51 PM »

some testimonies:

from the bice squad from aubofan:

Ok everyone.  We live in Helena and were just treated to the most incredible jam session of the newest and most awesome rocker-Bo Bice- teamed up with the greatest musical legend to come out of Alabama Lynyrd Skynyrd!  We were there, and it was surreal to say the least.  I must say, the way this all came about is a true testament to Bo's humble spirit and how God just sets things in motion to come together and bless someone's life.  The fact that Skynyrd just "happened" to have planned a concert in town many months ago for last night and were to be in town the day that Bo returned and then the AI people letting them perform with Bo is true providence and no one is more deserving than Bo.  He was very overcome at the reception for him at city hall.  He said that he figured a "couple hundred" people would come out to see him and most of those would probably be from his church..LOL.  He was so amazed at the reception he got from ALL of Birmingham, but most especially by his hometown where he was given the key to the city of Helena and was honored with this day as offical "Bo Bice Day" in Helena.  He was sincerely overcome with emotion at the outpouring of love and support he was being shown and truly proved what a "southern gentleman" he is.  Rock On Bo and God Bless You!

Here is a link to all the pics my wife took of the Jamfest.  ENJOY everyone!

http://t4tots.smugmug.com/gallery/532644 this is the same link as the one in the previous post

http://www.bicesquad.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=BO_Talk;action=display;num=1116048503

this one is from Cherie:

Ok kittens and cats . .if I can compose myself, I will attempt to tell you about the CD signing at the WalMart in Pelham!  There were zillions of ppl there . .I was with a friend of mine . .we got there 2.5 hrs early, so were kinda close to the front.  Cathy and April got there just as we did and were in line with us! A little later, I recognized Tammy (Tam4Bama) in line behind us a ways . .her daughter Kaitlyn was with her ..and she had her Bo barbie doll!! I got to hold it! LOL  And with Tam was our fearless and most dedicated leader, Ann!!  

The Walmart folks had us cheering and getting ready for BO.  The line just kept growing and growing. The AI film crew came by a couple of times filming us.  Then, finally, we could hear ppl going nuts and we knew Bo was on the way!! He stopped right in front of us and waved to the crowd!!! Then he made his way on towards the front.  After a few minutes, Nancy and Caroline came by.  Nancy saw us taking pics of her, and stopped and smiled!!  

After a few, someone came and got Ann out of line and took her to meet Bo!!!  I was so proud for her!! She has worked so tirelessly for the Squad! I hope she posts a recap with every detail!

FINALLY we got to the front.  This is how that went.
Me: BO, its sooo nice to meet you!
BO: Its nice to meet you!
Me: We are from the Bice Squad
BO: I noticed your Bice Squad T-shirt! I want to thank you for all you have done.
Me: The squad from all over the world sends you their love.  Everyone is wishing they were from Alabama today.
BO: Tell them I love them, and thank them for all they have done!
Me: I'll do it!
Bo: (looks up and smiled, and winked!)
ME: *thud*  LOL  I was really speachless at that point.  I just stood there looking like a total dork I know!  

All I can say really is that he is just the sweetest . .and Kittens, more gorgeous in person.  His eyes . . what Bo-utiful eyes!!

At that point I had to head back for home .I cant make the event in Helena tonite.  BUT, I talked to Cathy on the way home. She and April were already at the Ampitheatre in Helena on the front row! And GET THIS.  Leonard Skynard is Bham for a concert they are giving tonite.  Leonard Skynard is going to play at the Helena celebration before their concert!! I dont know if Bo will be singing with them, or if they will just be singing "for BO" . .thats all I know!  When Cathy and April get home, we should get all the juicy details!! CANT WAIT.  Yes, I took some pics, but cant get them to upload . .my son's camera and once he gets home I will get them up!!  Cathy has quite some photo gear, I am sure her pics will be great!!

http://www.bicesquad.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=BO_Talk;action=display;num=1116019213

from a Blog:
http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=t4tots

there are some pics

[/i]
clay_fan_20
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2005, 05:35:26 PM »

guys here is the "I Don't wanna be" cd version

OMG!!!!!! it's amazing!!!!!!!! i just downloaded it!!!!!!!!!

i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i have to say i prefer Bo's version than Gavin's  

go here there's the link where you can download it  

http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=325061

enjoy!!!!  *leaves rocking*
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx