gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:53:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 297
Total: 297

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Keeping Up With John Stevens  (Read 9620 times)
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2005, 01:38:01 PM »

Franny, thanks so much for the reminder--this is the type of music JOHN STEVENS was meant to sing.

TAKE CARE FRANNY --I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO MAKING THIS PURCHASE--OF COURSE NOT AS MUCH AS IF IT WAS CLAY'S CD.
I WISH JOHN THE VERY BEST.

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2005, 06:30:00 AM »

TAKE CARE FRANNY --I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO MAKING THIS PURCHASE--OF COURSE NOT AS MUCH AS IF IT WAS CLAY'S CD.
I WISH JOHN THE VERY BEST

Thanks Angela, I too, wish John the very best and I can't wait for Clay's CD to be recorded and out in the stores. That will be a banner day.

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
claynadian
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2005, 11:15:03 PM »

OMGosh!!! I want to get the album do you think they will sell it in Canada?
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2005, 05:52:27 PM »

HELLO EVERYONE,
I PURCHASED JOHN'S CD, RED. IF YOU ENJOY  THAT TYPE OF MUSIC--IT IS "TERRIFIC" --I RECOMMEND IT.

I WISH HIM WELL & HOPE HE SELLS MANY, MANY CD'S.

ENJOY!!
ANGELA

"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2005, 03:52:54 AM »

Angela, I did too, I do like that kind of music... It was a hard find, but  was successful at  fye. It was so worth it. His album is a real treat.

I hope that John does well, too.

Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2005, 01:34:41 PM »

Quote from: Franny
Angela, I did too, I do like that kind of music... It was a hard find, but  was successful at  fye. It was so worth it. His album is a real treat.

I hope that John does well, too.

FRANNY, I LENT IT TO MY MOM & SHE JUST LOVED IT---I JUST MAY BUY ONE FOR HER TO ENJOY.

HAVE A NICE DAY FRANNY.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2005, 09:20:39 PM »

Classic crooner John Stevens feels the love from hometown audience

The almost 700 people who turned out to see John Stevens in Shea's Performing Arts Center Tuesday night really loved him.

That's not hyperbole. It's a safe guess that many people in the crowd, which included everyone from children to grandparents, know Stevens personally or at least cheered for him during his weeks on "American Idol."

So Tuesday night, the applause was long and loud, cameras flashed with abandon, and random screams - and even a few wolf whistles - punctuated the quiet moments during the 80-minute concert.

For the most part, Stevens earned their adulation. His obvious talent has been polished by a lot of work. He looked at ease on stage, with natural hand motions and subtle dance moves during instrumental solos - every single one of which drew a discrete round of applause from the friendly crowd.

He was backed up by a jazzy seven-man band, including three horns.

Stevens' voice and style are made for a cabaret, and the tight spotlight and simple set behind him gave the impression of an intimate setting, even if the hall was too big to quite pull it off. Dressed in a dark suit, brilliant white shirt and blue patterned tie, Stevens took the stage confidently, opening with an extremely Sinatra-esque "Come Fly With Me" in which the pacing and phrasing were all Frank.

His best songs were the moderately fast-paced ones in which Stevens could show off his deep, velvety voice. Those included "It Had to Be You" and an excellent rendition of the sweet and slow Beatles tune, "Here, There and Everywhere."

He also did well with George and Ira Gershwin's "They Can't Take That Away From Me," but didn't attempt to hit a high note on the final "me." That's no doubt the drawback in singing such classics - when parts are adjusted to show off a singer's strengths and hide weaknesses, the audience takes notice.

Stevens introduced "Oh, Look at Me Now," the 1941 tune that is most identified with Bobby Darrin, by mentioning a long talk he had with Darrin's former manager, in which the man "told me stories that gave me chills."

Then, somehow, perhaps through the power of suggestion, perhaps by his own intention, Stevens took on the posture, facial expression and phrasing of a young Bobby Darrin. It was uncanny.

A rendition of "More," which Stevens confessed "is really my favorite song," was oddly soulless. You wouldn't think anyone could sing the magnificent words, "More than the greatest love the world has known," without much feeling, but he did it.

But Stevens shined on the peppy Harold Arlen tune, "Let's Fall in Love," and astounded on the sad and soulful "You Don't Know Me," a mournful song of loss and regret, which he performed as a tribute to Ray Charles.

Stevens wrapped up the show with "This Love," the Maroon 5 hit that is also the first single off his CD, "Red," which was released Tuesday.

After a standing ovation, he bounced back to perform a jazzy "Come Rain or Come Shine."

The crowd left happy.

BUFFALO NEWS
stellium
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2005, 07:15:23 AM »

John isn't on the Top Selling 200 albums yet,  but Billboard says he is bubbling just beneath the surface and is selling enough at a steady clip that they have made him #17 on the HeatSeekers Album chart this week,   meaning he should be on the charts next week:

BILLBOARD HEATSEEKERS ALBUMS,   July 16, 2005 charts

16 14 - 2 Leela James, A Change Is Gonna Come
Warner Bros. | 48027 | (13.98) 14
17 - - 1
John Stevens, Red
Maverick | 48937 | Warner Bros. | (18.98) 17

18 11 2 3 Funeral For A Friend, Hours
Ferret/Atlantic

(1 means this is his first week of release and  the first week on the Heatseekers chart or any Billboard chart)
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2005, 02:59:20 PM »

IF YOU LIKED THE MUSIC OF FRANK SINATRA OR MICHAEL BUBLE YOU WILL REALLY LOVE IT.  I HAVE A CD OF MICHAEL BUBLE & ENJOY JOHN'S SOOOOO MUCH BETTER.

IT IS WONDERFUL--MY 23 YEAR OLD NIECE THOUGHT IT WAS COOL.

Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2005, 05:17:19 PM »

Thanks stellium for the news on how John's cd is doing. It's  seems tp be holding its own.

Angela, that is so nice, that your niece thinks John'c cd is cool. It is cool to se a young guy do something different., and what makes it all the better is that he loves this kind of music and is not afraid to put himself out there. His grandparents must be so happy.

I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2005, 06:05:49 PM »

Quote from: Franny
Thanks stellium for the news on how John's cd is doing. It's  seems tp be holding its own.

Angela, that is so nice, that your niece thinks John'c cd is cool. It is cool to se a young guy do something different., and what makes it all the better is that he loves this kind of music and is not afraid to put himself out there. His grandparents must be so happy.

I READ THE INSERT IN JOHN'S CD & HE THANKED HIS GRANDPARENT'S  & HE WROTE ABOUT HIS MOM TOO & THAT REALLY TOUCHED ME & MADE ME CRY--WHAT A WONDERFUL  YOUNG MAN HE IS--I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM IN CONCERT.

I AM GLAD THAT TYPE OF MUSIC IS BEING BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE & JOHN DOES IT PERFECT.

YES HIS GRANDPARENT MUST BE BEAMING WITH PRIDE.

TAKE CARE,
ANGELA

stellium
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2005, 04:46:19 AM »

Such a unique and wonderful young man.   We were lucky to have him beamed into our sets for a few months.   One of my most smiling moments of remembering John is his dance to the song "My House" when the group first came to the mansion last year and were filmed on the patio.

He should begin climbing the charts this coming week.
mainer
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2005, 08:10:41 AM »

Hi Stellium -- I realize I combined my reply to your post re jon Stevens with my reply to your post under Idol spoilers, discussions, etc.. -- he makes us smile,
mainer
mainer
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2005, 01:16:16 PM »

And one more thing -- Jon Stevens is coming out with his CD a little over a year after he was seen on national TV, and before the Idol tour.  Who doesn't remember him?  (So did Kelly, although she got exposure on AI2.)

Corey Clark had his potential record deal (with Curb, wasn't it?) pulled out from beneath him, allegedly thanks to Idol, and he has therefore come out with his CD, "Corey Clark,"  after TWO years.  Timing is important, and every hurdle set in his path helps those who want to keep him sidelined. I lost all respect for Randy after he portrayed Corey's father in the Idol skit.  (Constantine shouldn't have gotten involved, but his part was the only funny thing about the skit and the only one that was more about him than about Corey.)  Kimberley signed with Curb after other venues didn't work out. Kimberley's CD came out last year.  Kimberley didn't have to compete with Corey on the same label.  Kimberley was associated with Simon Lithgoe.  Simon might have leaarned about Corey and Curb through Kimberley.  Simon is the one linked to the smoking gun.
oh, yadayadayada, it just goes on and onm and we'll just never know.

I'm really looking forward to listening to "Red."
stilldreaming
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dreamlover

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2005, 10:50:03 PM »

John's single Come Fly With Me & his CD RED are amazing.  He's grown so much as a performer since his AI days & I think he has an extremely bright & lucrative carreer ahead of him!

Good for John.  He deserves the Very Best!!!!    

"Nothing happens unless first a dream...." ~ C. Sandburg
East Coast Posse party coordinator  cheers2
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2005, 09:20:39 AM »

John's single Come Fly With Me & his CD RED are amazing. He's grown so much as a performer since his AI days & I think he has an extremely bright & lucrative carreer ahead of him!
Good for John. He deserves the Very Best!!!!  

Oh yes, I think so, too.  

I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
mainer
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2005, 05:12:16 PM »

I finally got my copy of "Red," and I do enjoy it --it is  laid back, fun, easy listening  .Jon's delivery is smooth and debonair -- a pleasure to listen to.  My husband calls it a Vegas sound.  While we're rather impressed that the singer is so young, his youth is also the problem.  You listen, thinking how nice it will be when John grows into his full man's voice -- his lower notes will be stronger, his singing will be jucier.  The instrumentals are lovely and perfect, sometimes carrying the singer.

"Red" cannot be compared to "Corey Clark."  Jon has great potential, but Corey is already in the major league, no matter how hard his struggle to be heard and recognized.  The CD "Corey Clark" is both popular music and a serious work of art.  I know I sound like a broken record, but it is just great.
Claymaniac2000
UltimateFan

Clay's Butterfly

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2005, 01:17:20 PM »

I bought "RED" about a week ago and I love it.  John has a fantastic voice and I hope he has a long and bright career ahead of him.

Janet Claymaniac2000
Hey Butterfly....Open up your weary eyes and realize.....It's a trip we're taking

BRETT-------WELCOME HOME
JULIE you are in my heart forever
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2005, 03:42:28 PM »

I bought "RED" about a week ago and I love it.  John has a fantastic voice and I hope he has a long and bright career ahead of him.

Janet--I love it too.  I  just loved what he wrote about his friends, family & his mom--it was so sweet.
glad you are enjoying it --I love mine too.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx