gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:07:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 337
Total: 337

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI4 week of 5/2 Discussions and Spoilers  (Read 60325 times)
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #480 on: May 04, 2005, 06:37:52 PM »

Quote from: Marilyn
HEY MY FOREHEAD IS REALLY HOT- THINK I HAVE A FEVER

THAT WOULD BE A GOOD SONG FOR CLAY TO SING!!

*fans self*

I don't think I could handle that Marilyn!

Thanks for the Claysmo's Philly!

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #481 on: May 04, 2005, 06:38:03 PM »

Scott is finally gone. Yippee!!!!!!!!! Sorry if anyone was a fan. I know there was a few here.

I admit I would had felt bad for Anthony if he lefted on his birthday but I want him to go next.

Really Happy the best 3 Bo,Carrie and Vonzell were safe.  

I can't believe they sang BOTW. No one can do it better like Clay can.

Til next week.

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #482 on: May 04, 2005, 06:39:23 PM »

HURRAY!!!!!!!!  FIRST RESULTS IN A LONG TIME THAT I AGREED WITH 100%.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANTHONY.

BUT---SINGING BOTW?      

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #483 on: May 04, 2005, 06:39:41 PM »

Quote from: aikenseeker

I hope they take Anthony out for his birthday now!

If anyone is interested I started a thread for the Fallen Idol show!

Hugs!

TAKE ANTHONY OUT?? SUSY THATS NOT VERY NICE- I THOUGHT WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE KIND TO THE POOR GUY!!

AND WHO WILL PERFORM THIS DASTARDLY DEED!?

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #484 on: May 04, 2005, 06:41:19 PM »

:skip  :skip        Purple Banana  Purple Banana  Cheer!  Cheer!  :elefant  :elefant

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Finally, AI4 gets something right!!!

Hurrah for Carrie, Bo, and Vonzell!!!  The top three!

Anthony, Happy Birthday and congratulations to you!
[/size]

Bye, Scott!!

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
stellium
« Reply #485 on: May 04, 2005, 07:28:45 PM »

Idol gains three things by sending Scott home. No, I do not believe for a minute he had the lowest votes, as he was so good last night, the best night ever.

1. Idol is thumbing their nose at the Vote for Worse site, showing no one is going to attack their program and get away with it.
2. They are gaining a very attractive TOP FOUR to put on magazine covers and advertise for the finals.
3. They are sending Scott out with beautiful performances and a lot of be proud of, excellent review by the judges, knowing he is good and appreciated.

Once again, it appears a contestant is leaving for Idol advantage, not because of votes. This is why Constantine had to leave, as his album is coming out Tuesday, and you can't have a finalist with a hit CD out there. Why JonPeter had to leave last year, as he was more popular than any of the ones they wanted to win. Why John Stevens had to leave, because his presence was causing too much controversy and danger.

What the ABC show should be showing tonight is that few of these votes may be real when people leave or "lose". We know that by Clay.
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #486 on: May 04, 2005, 08:41:45 PM »

Quote from: stellium
Idol gains three things by sending Scott home. No, I do not believe for a minute he had the lowest votes, as he was so good last night, the best night ever.

Or, maybe some others didn't think he was all that good and he truly did get the least number of votes...

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #487 on: May 05, 2005, 03:23:22 AM »

BO ROX MY SOX...GO BOOOO

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #488 on: May 05, 2005, 03:59:52 AM »

Quote from: Her

BO ROX MY SOX...GO BOOOO

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO BO!

Have to agree with you there sweetie!

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
houstonclayfan
« Reply #489 on: May 05, 2005, 04:39:22 AM »

Quote from: LadyC
Or, maybe some others didn't think he was all that good and he truly did get the least number of votes...

Quite a possibility.  Remember that as the number of contestants diminishes, people change their voting strategies. For example, some may have wanted Constantine gone last week so voted for Scott. This week, Scott may have been their choice to go out of who was left. In addition, all the people that were solely voting for Constantine are now voting for someone else. Constantine and Scott are not in the same genre so he may not have received any of those votes.
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #490 on: May 05, 2005, 04:48:54 AM »

In my opinion, I think it was just time for Scott to go - way overdue, but time nonetheless.  I was glad for Anthony that he didn't have to leave on his birthday too.  What a great present for him.
Bo looked and sounded awesome!!  
BOTW as a group song last night?  In the words of Simon - paraphrasing here - that was the worst performance I have ever seen.  I just wanted it to stop!!  Like running your nails down a chalkboard  

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
mainer
« Reply #491 on: May 05, 2005, 04:49:27 AM »

While I think that Poison Ivy (Ant) was the worst performance of Tuesday night, Anthony has loads of fans (including me), and I wasn't all that surprised by the results.  

The "vote for the worst" site was crashed Tuesday night before the show, not that that would affect their votes -- but if people were "voting for the worst," they may have switched from Scott to Anthony, as one media reviewer suggested they might do -- because Scott had been too good that night -- and Anthony was the worst of the night.

Many comments on Constantine's last performance were that he needed a visit to the bottom three as a correction to straighten him out (there were also comments that Carrie needed a visit to the bottom three, too), and I think a lot of fans thought he was so safe they didn't need to vote and he'd get a bottom three wake-up call -- never suspecting that many others were thinking the same way and wouldn't bother voting, and that he could, and in fact would, actually get the least votes.

Would a contestant CD, out before the AI4 CD, hurt the contest at all?  Am not sure that if Constantine's group's CD came out before the end it would necessarily slant the final results one way or the other.  It might buy AI4 even more publicitty.  In the event that Constantine came in first or second, they could still come out with his solo CD in the Fall -- which might do even-better, sales wise, if it followed the first.  He would have been a huge financial asset to the company, but now instead he's free (and has allegedly already been offered a modeling contract with Ralph Lauren, and consideration for a future project by Stephen Spielberg).

We all know that many Clay fans couldn't get through to vote on the night of the AI2 finals, that others were thanked for voting for the other candidate when they voted for Clay, and that the result of AI2 will always be the subject of doubt about manipulation of the results.  With the stronger contestant as runner-up, 19 Entertainment had a chance to have two marketable winners instead of one.

I'm off to find the "Fallen Idol" thread...
Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #492 on: May 05, 2005, 08:38:16 AM »

Her wrote:

BO ROX MY SOX...GO BOOOO

:skip :skip  :skip  :skip  :skip

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
stellium
« Reply #493 on: May 05, 2005, 08:47:23 AM »

Or maybe he did just get the lowest number of votes.

I was ready for Scott to go last week, but not this week.   His two songs were too good.  And three other songs were not:  Bo's second,  Vonzell's first,  and Anthony's terrible choice first.
houstonclayfan
« Reply #494 on: May 05, 2005, 09:07:03 AM »

Quote from: stellium
I was ready for Scott to go last week, but not this week.

In order to be a successful performer, you need to do well ALL the time. Not just one week.  I admit that Scott did well tuesday night (as compared to all his other performances) but that does not mean that he deserved to stay.  We were looking for the best OVERALL performer out of the then 5.
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #495 on: May 05, 2005, 11:13:49 AM »

GOOD POST MANIER

I AGREE WITH ALL THAT YOU SAID.

CONSTANTINE SIGNED OVER ALL FINANCIAL RIGHTS TO THE ALBUM THAT IS COMING OUT NEXT WEEK. HIS BAND IS THE ONE THAT IS GAINING FOR THIS ONE.
 HOWEVER HIS GROUP IS STILL BEHIND HIM WHEN AND IF HE COMES BACK.
LOOKS LIKE HE HAS A LOT OF PROFESSIONAL CHOICES NOW.
 HE IS RUNNING (LIKE CLAY) WITH THE BIG BOYS NOW.

I DID NOT, NOR WILL WATCH IDOL ANYMORE.
 CONSTANTINE PULLED ME IN AND NOW THAT HE IS NOT THERE , I JUST DO NOT HAVE ANY INTEREST IN THE SURVIVING PERFORMERS.
HOWEVER I SAW ON FALLEN IDOL LAST NIGHT THAT SCOTT WAS GONE AND I SAID "HIP HIP HOORAY".

I THINK IT WILL BE A CONTEST BETWEEN BO, WHO IS LIVING IN THE SEVENTIES (SORRY FANS, JUST MY OPINION) AND CARRIE, WHO IS A COOKIE CUTTER PERFECT AMERICAN GIRL.

THERE JUST WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER CLAY OR CONSTANTINE FOR ME!!!

ALL OPINIONS ARE  SHARED HERE AS WE ARE ALL FRIENDS.
 EVEN THE ONES WHO LIKE SCOTT.
SCOTT DID SOME NICE BALLADS, TOO BAD HE HAD THAT STUPID VFTW GROUP BEHIND HIM.

tHANK YOU, VERY MUCH
LUV,
JAN

JAN

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
fantasy
Adults
Enthusiastic

Now I'm on my way!

« Reply #496 on: May 05, 2005, 02:20:36 PM »

All I can say is, I am so glad that Scott is gone. Not just because I didn't like him (sorry), but because if the only reason he was still on there is due to some people voting on him being the worst, he didn't deserve to be there. We lost Constantine for that. I did vote and hoped that helped. But he is gone and we will see what happens next week. I'm hoping for a Bo and Carrie showdown, but you never know.

"The last 20 feet are the hardest."
"Maybe I can rest beneath your smile."
Gonzosls
« Reply #497 on: May 06, 2005, 06:00:41 AM »

stellium:  I just read your comments from 5/4/05.  I realize everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion but I [disagree.] (Admin edit. -P)   Jon Peter and John Stevens were voted off for the same reason:  neither could sing and each hung around longer than they should have.  I think this site is one of the better forums but some of you are  biased beyond reason.  Clay has said over and over and over and over again that he has confidence in the outcome of Season 2.  Reuben and Clay were in a neck & neck race from the very beginning.  We know more now than we did back in Season 2 about how the votes can shift from week to week and how important it is to vote for your favorite if you want that person to stay in.  Unfortunately, the voting is less credible now because people are voting for "favorites" instead of the most talented contestant.  I'm a huge Clay fan but as close as the contest was between C&R, there's no reason to keep rehashing the outcome for all eternity.  Do you think there should have been a Jon Lewis-John Stevens final?  Surely not.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx