gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:31:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 280
Total: 280

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 85 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Soap Box II - Get Your Rant On!  (Read 224897 times)
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2005, 05:42:03 PM »

GRR--AND THIS HAPPENS WAY TOO FREQUENTLY

Let's hope it doesn't happen during someone's surgery! :shocked

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2005, 05:46:57 PM »

Quote from: Sundancer
GRR--AND THIS HAPPENS WAY TOO FREQUENTLY

Let's hope it doesn't happen during someone's surgery! :shocked

THAT MADE ME LAUGH, SUNNY- BECAUSE, JUST TODAY, THIS FELLOW AT WORK WAS TELLING ME HE HAD TO HAVE KNEE SURGERY A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO, AND WHILE HE WAS ON THE STRETCHER, THE DOCTOR CAME OUT AND MADE A BIG X ON HIS RIGHT LEG.

SO BOB ASKED HIM WHAT HE DID THAT FOR, AND THE DOCTOR SAID HE WANTED TO MAKE SURE HE DID THE CORRECT LEG!!!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2005, 05:55:30 PM »

SO BOB ASKED HIM WHAT HE DID THAT FOR, AND THE DOCTOR SAID HE WANTED TO MAKE SURE HE DID THE CORRECT LEG!!!!

I believe it, Marilyn! They did the same thing to me last year when I had surgery on my foot. Except they handed me the pen! I guess they figured that, if I was planning to sue for malpractice, I couldn't win if I intentionally mis-marked my own foot. Roll eyes

I remember hearing something in the news a few years ago, about a doctor in Florida being sued for amputating the wrong leg. Good grief! Can you imagine waking up to that??  shocking

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2005, 05:58:46 PM »

I believe it, Marilyn! They did the same thing to me last year when I had surgery on my foot. Except they handed me the pen! I guess they figured that, if I was planning to sue for malpractice, I couldn't win if I intentionally mis-marked my own foot. Roll eyes

DID YOU MARK THE CORRECT ONE???

I remember hearing something in the news a few years ago, about a doctor in Florida being sued for amputating the wrong leg. Good grief! Can you imagine waking up to that??  shocking

THAT HAS GOT TO BE HORRIFYING!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2005, 06:08:24 PM »

DID YOU MARK THE CORRECT ONE???

I did! Laughing

But, just to make sure, nurses, techs, and the doc all made it a point to double-check: "Okay, so this is the foot we're doing, right?"

I wasn't sure whether to be worried or reassured.

lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2005, 08:13:27 PM »

Last year my husband had knee surgery and they must have asked him 10 times which knee was getting operated on.  They handed him the marker and made him put an X on the knee that they were supposed to operate on too!!  It was quite amusing!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2005, 11:47:42 PM »

Quote from: mackncsu
OK, random rant...You know what bugs me more than anything? It's when people (not necessarily people on this site) speak to other people in a condescending tone. What's the point of speaking to someone like that?

Mack, those people have low self esteem issues.  Speaking down to other people lifts them up.  It's sad, really.

What's even sadder is this!

EBAY

It is now 2:44 am eastern daylight time (no, I can't sleep. besides, I bought new wine glasses today and have to try them out.) and these ticket brokers have already got links up for bidding on tix to Clay's Cary NC concert.

"Check back tomorrow for seat assignments?"  Please!  Many of them are already marked "sold out" and the tix haven't even gone on sale to the general public (me) yet?  What is wrong with this picture?

And this one EBAY $999.99???   argh!    argh!

And, it's all legal.  I'm in the wrong business.
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2005, 06:06:59 AM »

Holy cow. They're selling tickets they don't even have yet. Unbelievable. Roll eyes

mackncsu
Enthusiastic

I love it!

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2005, 07:05:16 AM »

Quote from: Pamela
Quote from: mackncsu
OK, random rant...You know what bugs me more than anything? It's when people (not necessarily people on this site) speak to other people in a condescending tone. What's the point of speaking to someone like that?

Mack, those people have low self esteem issues.  Speaking down to other people lifts them up.  It's sad, really.

Yep, it is sad!

Tacet Twin #2 (the brains)
Dont hate me because Clay knows I dont play
Player of Clays favorite instrument!
stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2005, 08:23:21 AM »

Sundancer wrote
But, just to make sure, nurses, techs, and the doc all made it a point to double-check: "Okay, so this is the foot we're doing, right?"

I wasn't sure whether to be worried or reassured.

I am a nurse and let me tell you
Be very reassured.. you can never be too safe.  Super Happy!!!
Be worried when they are to arrogant or to busy. : eek!

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2005, 09:57:32 AM »

Quote from: Pamela

It is now 2:44 am eastern daylight time (no, I can't sleep. besides, I bought new wine glasses today and have to try them out.) and these ticket brokers have already got links up for bidding on tix to Clay's Cary NC concert.
"Check back tomorrow for seat assignments?"  Please!  Many of them are already marked "sold out" and the tix haven't even gone on sale to the general public (me) yet?  What is wrong with this picture?

And, it's all legal.  I'm in the wrong business.

OK.   Does this makes it a "certainty" that brokers are given an opportunity to purchase the "good" tickets from Ticket Master (or whomever) days before the tickets even go on sale to the public?  

Does anyone know how this actually works and how it can be justified?  Do they (the brokers) have a "working deal" with Ticket Master?  Or are the brokers given special passwords or something so that sections of the "best" ticets are available to them?

I know things probably will never change, but I'm interested on how this plays out each time tickets go on sale.

We, the public, are cheated out of the opportunity to get good concert tickets by going through the "normal channels", except on rare occasions.  

Does anybody know how this actually works???

Pamela -  your avie is unique and clever!

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
outthereforclay
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2005, 10:07:23 AM »

North Carolina residents: North Carolina state law limits the resale ticket price for this event location, so your maximum bid cannot exceed $706.00

So Pam, does this NC law mean that someone in South Carolina could outbid you by paying $707?
 shocking
Man...
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2005, 10:59:56 AM »

So Pam, does this NC law mean that someone in South Carolina could outbid you by paying $707?

Yes, it does.

outthereforclay
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2005, 03:28:23 PM »

That's absurd! So I guess there's no "universal" anti-scalping law...

Of course, since I don't have $707 at the  moment, you NC  tarheels have nothing to fear from me!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2005, 04:15:36 PM »

Of course, since I don't have $707 at the moment, you NC tarheels have nothing to fear from me!

Whew! One down....

gcramsey
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2005, 04:20:17 PM »

Of course, since I don't have $707 at the moment, you NC tarheels have nothing to fear from me!

Whew! One down....

Make that 2.......
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2005, 05:44:08 PM »

Amy my god your avie makes me weak!!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2005, 09:17:29 AM »

THE TICKET MESS YESTERDAY WAS THE WORST.  EVEN BROKERS COULDN'T GET GREAT SEATS TO BORGATA.  WELL, NOT THAT I SAW LAST NIGHT.  NOW, WE FIND OUT CLAY IS PERFORMING AT A ZOO.  I THOUGHT PIGS AND COWS WERE SOMETHING.  NOW WE HAVE LIONS AND TIGERS, AND BEARS---OH MY.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
houstonclayfan
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2005, 09:18:42 AM »

Not only is Clay performing AT A ZOO but it is in Ohio!

How does one gain respect from performing in a zoo ???????????

And whats the deal with all of these concerts physically close together ?  Does he not realize that those same fans may run out of money and not attend all of them ?  Does he think that we all have money to fly out to wherever he is ???  

Has he sold out all of these concerts ?  I realize the great seats are gone but are they sold out ??  

Sigh.  Do you think that he agrees to anything for the money ?  Do you think he realizes that he is not reaching millions of his fans and are hitting the same ones over and over ?  Do you think he cares ?  

Ok I feel better now.  :rant   over
houstonclayfan
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2005, 09:20:17 AM »

Quote from: GWENN
I THOUGHT PIGS AND COWS WERE SOMETHING.  NOW WE HAVE LIONS AND TIGERS, AND BEARS---OH MY.

He is performing right next to the cheetahs if you are interested.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 85 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx