gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:26:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Soap Box II - Get Your Rant On!  (Read 224563 times)
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #1660 on: December 26, 2006, 08:23:15 PM »

MARILYN, this is the place for a pity party---it's the soapbox, after all!!!!   Wink  And each of us comes here, I believe, to be reminded that we all have trials to endure in our lives.   As far as I'm concerned,  each trial we have in our life seems like a Mt. Everest to climb.  I've finally come to realize lately that nobody has a right to minimize another's trial or become sanctimonious and self-righteous because it seems one's own trials are greater. 

Amen. Big Hug!

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1661 on: December 26, 2006, 08:30:23 PM »

Thank you
You have all come to mean so very much to  me  Huggles Huggles

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #1662 on: December 27, 2006, 11:38:23 AM »

HELLO GOOD FRIENDS, HERE IS SOMETHING HOPEFULLY TO CHEER YOU UP A BIT.

LUV
JAN

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1663 on: December 27, 2006, 05:23:56 PM »

Thanks a million everyone.  Can we have a group hug now??    Ah! That felt good. Wink

I realized that after I typed my rant yesterday, that I felt better just sharing with all of you.  It is always nice to know that you all understand what I am going through.

This thread also makes me realize that I am not ALONE with life's ups and downs.  Thanks for sharing, Marilyn, and thanks for your wonderful words of wisdom, Thea.  I know you have struggles that make mine pale in comparison.

I, too, had 2 teenagers driving their own cars and in college at the same time in the past. We somehow survived that and we shall again, I'm sure.  I guess I must have been hoping things would begin to get easier now that there is only one child left at home. Laughing

I now wish I had the wonderful people here for support back then.  Huggles

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1664 on: December 28, 2006, 07:49:04 PM »

IF I CAN HELP ANYONE I WILL I WISH I WAS RICH I COULD REALLY DO GOOD WITH IT.ALL I CAN DO IS TELL YOU ALL I LOVE YOU.  Huggles Huggles

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1665 on: December 29, 2006, 12:17:45 PM »

Jan, thanks for the beautiful drawing.  I just love your work. Hug

Glory, thanks for your well wishes. Hug

We finally got our son's car out of the shop today.  We decided not to claim the damages on our insurance and just get the work done that we needed to keep it legal and drivable.  We saved alot of money this way. It has a few dents and dings, but is road worthy so I am happy.  I got to drive it home because our son is at a basketball team get-together. (He is using my car).  OMG!!  I drive a big SUV, so driving his little mid-sized car was quite the experience.  I felt like I was sitting on the ground. Laughing

My old washer and dryer combo was over 20 years old.  I guess I should be happy I got my money's worth out of them.    When we had all 4 kids at home, I don't think they ever stopped running.  Smile  Last year, the washer quit and I bought a new one at the appliance store in the town where I work.  I went to the same store on my lunch break this week.  Lo and behold, they were having a huge after Xmas sale.  The dryer that matches my new washer was the best buy in the whole store!!  I gave in and purchased it.  I hated to spend the money right now, but I decided that I wouldn't ever get a better deal. sigh

We have been negotiating with our car insurance agent for a better price on our insurance.  We have finally found a policy that is much more reasonable.  Our monthly insurance payment will go from $559 a month to $225 a month.   bigsmile

Our furnace is still being tempermental, but so far it keeps restarting when we reset it.  Keep your fingers crossed that it will last the winter. Fingers Crossed

Well, that is my update for now.  I still feel very poor, but I know we are making some progress here, so I am less depressed at least.  lmao

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #1666 on: January 29, 2007, 09:51:35 AM »

Wow, we must be a happy group! No rants for a month!

How much?

Those two little words just drive me insane, not that I had far to go.. Everytime I buy something that is the first question I hear.

I have been looking for over a year for new bedding for Brian's room. He moved out, he moved back home again (gave up search so he could buy what he wanted) and moved out again.

Finally I bought something that I love and show it to hubby. First thing out of his mouth is how much. I ask if he likes it and he likes it very much but still wants to know how much. I tell him it was half off on a white sale.

Now the guessing game begins. Oh, he is getting much better at this. He must be reading the ads in the paper. He guessed within $10.00!

If I don't want him to know how much I paid for anything (read Clay tickets, hotel rooms, etc.)
I'll put it on my credit card. For household items they go on a joint card so he will know as soon as the bill comes in.

The next thing he asks is couldn't you find something less expensive. It doesn't matter if it's $5.00 or $500.00.
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #1667 on: March 06, 2007, 02:49:15 PM »

Tim came home the past two weekends and loves the bed set I bought for Brian's room. First thing out of his mouth was "How Much"!!! He wants it for his apartment in Philly. I did find something that I thought was better for him and it was on sale too. He agreed.

Empty nest syndrome is just a myth! Tim is coming home again this weekend for a corprate meeting on Saturday in NYC.

This poor kid is in a 4 person office in Philly. Newbee quit to join the Army and Office boss quit because of problems with Big Boss. So now Tim and office buddy are left  covering an area that needed 5 people. They were looking for a  fifth.

They are in an office for 5 and have to cover an area with only two people. He looks at it like an opportunity. This 23 year old and his 27 year old friend are left hanging out to dry.

Tim made #1 salesman once last year, Office boss made it once and office buddy made it 4 times. Their office was the best in the US.

Tim is lucky because he has to cover his old area as well as his new area but buddy has to give up his biggest account and cover office bosses area and yet to be hired newbees area.
claydevotee
« Reply #1668 on: March 07, 2007, 07:36:21 PM »

MY RANT:  I'm already tired of the 2008 Presidential Election!   My head is spinning from all of this "politicking" so early in the game.   hypnotic 

There...now I feel better!  Smile
'Night all!!!   Baby Dust
Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1669 on: March 08, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »

MY RANT:  I'm already tired of the 2008 Presidential Election!   My head is spinning from all of this "politicking" so early in the game.   hypnotic 

There...now I feel better!  Smile
'Night all!!!   Baby Dust

Ditto!

Oh, can't you see it baby; You've got me goin' Crazy
Wherever you go; Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you

*Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game!
ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #1670 on: March 22, 2007, 01:14:38 PM »

Oh, I'm so glad to find a place to rant.   bigsmile

My husband is a Type A and does have many good qualities ... BUT ... he has a hard time getting it through his head that there is more than one way to do things, and just because something isn't done the way he thinks it should be done, does not necessarily mean it is the "wrong way".     I swear, the older he gets, the worse he gets.  I tend to be more of a pack rat.  I don't mean papers stacked high on every surface and clutter in every corner, and the house is clean and orderly, but I do have some cupboards and storage areas pretty full.  He is the kind of person who thinks a room really doesn't need pictures, decorations, plants and only minimal amounts of furniture.  He has decided that he wants all "junk" cleared out ... and that includes my stuff stored in the spare bedrooms that we aren't even using!!.  He has gone through MY things (and his too) I had stored and has thrown some of MY things away without even asking me.  He's helping me get "organized".  Isn't that nice that he decides for me what I should save and what I should keep.  Enough said.  Don't want this rant to get even more wordy!!  Good thing he's great in other areas or he'd be BRUISED!!!
redhotclay
« Reply #1671 on: March 22, 2007, 02:41:51 PM »

I totally understand what you're talking about and it is a good thing that he has
other good qualities.  Huggles
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #1672 on: April 24, 2007, 08:27:41 AM »

You know when you are getting yessed to death? Tim has been doing that to me for years. He has a heart defect and needs to see a cardiologist for a check up.

Brian and Tim are both coming home this weekend to take Norm and me out for dinner for our birthdays. I'm hoping that Brian can talk Tim into going to a Dr.

It's nice outside and this year I'm going to carve out time everyday to just sit outside and read a book.
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #1673 on: April 24, 2007, 09:34:36 PM »

I've become addicted to apple juice in the past month. Let me tell you that it is not a good idea to drink more than a half a gallon in one day! Naughty

Now please pardon me because I have an appointment with the powder room. Again! bigsmile
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #1674 on: April 24, 2007, 10:30:30 PM »

Now why hasn't my post count changed in 2 years? I know that I've posted a few times.

Maybe 767 is my lucky number!
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #1675 on: April 24, 2007, 10:32:25 PM »

Well I'll be darned. I'm up to 768!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #1676 on: April 25, 2007, 01:45:21 PM »

Well I'll be darned. I'm up to 768!

Congrats Mary bigsmile Clapping bigsmile

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #1677 on: April 26, 2007, 04:34:54 PM »

Now why hasn't my post count changed in 2 years? I know that I've posted a few times.

Maybe 767 is my lucky number!

Mary - When you post, your post count changes on ALL your posts.  Your first post doesn't remain #1, etc.  So sometimes it can be a little confusing, but I assure you , your post count is going up.

Thanks for the advice about apple juice.   Wink

I hope your hubby will go to the Dr. as needed.   Huggles

My rant...although I know this has been covered in the AI thread:

That was TERRIBLE what was done to Jordin on AI last night.  Not ONLY is it terribly upsetting for her and all her fans, but it is going to affect the voting next week, IMO.  It will make more people vote for her, and that really isn't fair to the other contestants.

I would think Ryan wouldn't be able to do such a thing, although he is told to for the drama, I am sure.  It is just terrible, IMO.   soapbox
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
claydevotee
« Reply #1678 on: April 26, 2007, 06:30:36 PM »

I would think Ryan wouldn't be able to do such a thing, although he is told to for the drama, I am sure.  It is just terrible, IMO.   

I agree, WOODSTOCK.   I thought this stunt was in very bad taste, as well.  IMO it was almost as inappropriate to put Jordan in such a humiliating position as it would have been to send somebody home last night. And I agree that it could temporarily sway more votes toward Jordan, but I don't think we need to worry about Melinda or Blake (my personal favs in addition to Jordan).   But as the old saying goes, "That's show biz".   
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #1679 on: May 27, 2007, 12:34:18 PM »

I have to stash my trash. Why you ask? Because my husband will garbage pick things that I throw out! The latest was an old frayed extension cord that doesn't work. Before that was some old underware of mine that had clearly seen better days. He thought that it would be good for polishing cars. I won those two battles and he is not a happy camper.

I have a bag full of stuff that I want to throw out stashed in my closet waiting for him to go on a business trip on trash day.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx