gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:59:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 459
Total: 459

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 85 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Soap Box II - Get Your Rant On!  (Read 223388 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: April 28, 2005, 03:41:42 PM »

This is the Soap Box thread, part II.  The original thread will be archived in the Favorite Threads forum.

Traditionally, a soap box was where a person stood to speak their mind, state their opinion.  Feel free to vent, rant or wax philosophical here. This is a place for expressing any frustrations, impatience or pet peeves.  All posts must remain with the forum guidelines.  Posts that do not will be edited, or you will be asked to edit your post.

This is not the place to complain about other members or other fan sites. If you have an issue with another member of our forum, please PM or email myself or a moderator.

Readers, you should reply with your own opinions or your support, but there's no need trying to change people's minds....

Commiserate, yes - Argue, no.  

Please do not post pictures in this thread; it was created to be a discussion thread.  Links are fine.

Pissed off about something? Express yourself!

I reserve the right to amend this intro post when I have not just broken a tooth!  Pain does not allow for clear thought!  Thank you!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 04:11:29 PM »

GLEN WROTE:

I will start by saying that I love everybody here and this is all from me and nobody else.............

I love the fact that we get news on this site. Some good, some bad.

I just have one question, why must we bring over news from the Drudge report and the smoking gun that will only cause people to not like a particular person? Why must we report this to all of Claymaniacs? Why must we encourage these sites to dig up peoples past and drag them through the mud?

Why, Why, Why???????

I can't believe that all this shows up here. I can't believe the things that have been said and personally I hope it all stops.

End  

HEY GLEN- I WAS TYPING  A WHOLE LONG "RESPONSE" TO WHAT YOU SAID- AND BEFORE I COULD HIT SUBMIT PAMELA LOCKED THE THREAD AND I LOST IT!! Cry!

ANYWAY- I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU SAY AND AGREE WITH YOU THAT OUTSIDE INFO SHOULD NOT INFLUENCE US

THAT SAID- I DO NOT READ THE DRUDGE REPORT OR SMOKING GUN (DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE)

I BASE MY OPINIONS ON ACTUAL VIEWING OF THE SHOW.
IMO SCOTT HAS A PRETTY GOOD VOICE. HE HAS DONE SOME VERY GOOD PERFORMANCES. BUT TO ME THE AMERICAN IDOL SHOULD HAVE CHARISMA, SHOULD HAVE STAGE PRESENCE, INTERACTION WITH THE AUDIENCE-BE ABLE TO PERFORM IN A RANGE OF STYLES.

I BELIEVE THAT NADIA, CONSTANTINE, AND TO A LESSER DEGREE ANWAR, ALL HAD THAT.
TO ME, SCOTT JUST STANDS AND SINGS. HIS FACIAL EXPRESSIONS RARELY CHANGE, BOTH WHEN HE IS PERFORMING, AND WHEN HE IS NOT SPEAKING.  AND TO ME, ALSO, I DETECT A LITTLE HOSTILITY WHEN THE JUDGES GIVE HIM A BAD REVIEW. HE HAS EVEN RESPONDED TO THAT IN A NEGATIVE WAY. AGAIN, THIS IS MY INTERPRETATION OF WHAT I PERSONALLY SEE. AND THAT IS WHY I MYSELF DO NOT SEE HIM AS "WHAT AMERICA WANTS" BUT....HE SEEMS TO HAVE A LARGE FAN BASE, AND IF AMERICA WANTS TO GO TO CONCERTS WHERE HE IS THE MAIN PERFORMER- THEN THAT IS WHAT AMERICA WANTS. HOWEVER, I DO NOT!!

I THINK CONSTANTINE HAD ALL OF THE ABOVE, AND I THINK HE WOULD SELL A LOT OF CONCERT TICKETS- AGAIN, THESE ARE MY THOUGHTS

THANK YOU

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
gcramsey
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 04:35:47 PM »

Quote from: Marilyn
IF AMERICA WANTS TO GO TO CONCERTS WHERE HE IS THE MAIN PERFORMER- THEN THAT IS WHAT AMERICA WANTS. HOWEVER, I DO NOT!!

I THINK CONSTANTINE HAD ALL OF THE ABOVE, AND I THINK HE WOULD SELL A LOT OF CONCERT TICKETS- AGAIN, THESE ARE MY THOUGHTS

THANK YOU [/b]
My thoughts too, I liked Constantine and I thought Scott should have gone. I think a great injustice happened last night.

I just think that the bad press of somebody's past should be left alone and we should base our opinions on the show and what we see and hear.

Thank you for basing your opinions about Scott or any of the others by what you saw on the show!!!!!!!!!!
houstonclayfan
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 05:11:49 PM »

I just have one question, why must we bring over news from the Drudge report and the smoking gun that will only cause people to not like a particular person? Why must we report this to all of Claymaniacs? Why must we encourage these sites to dig up peoples past and drag them through the mud?

Why, Why, Why???????

Whether or not we should consider their pasts, this information is EVERYWHERE. I just saw the Bo report on ET. To me, to ignore some things is avoiding reality. It would be unrealistic to only bring positive news to the board, and it may bias us in the opposite direction! I personally like to know what is going on and then I can form my own opinion from there. ALL reviews and mentions of Clay are posted - should we just pick the really good things ?
gcramsey
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 05:33:52 PM »

Quote from: houstonclayfan
ALL reviews and mentions of Clay are posted - should we just pick the really good things ?

ALL is such a stretch. Not that I want it to be posted, but there is a list of things that we don't post or discuss about Clay on this site. Some things are his business and we choose to leave them alone. I just think we should grant the same respect to everyone.

IMO, we should only post good things. Then I could always have a smile on and I wouldn't be in the rant thread.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 06:57:03 PM »

Maybe I shouldn't post under the influence of pain, but just so everyone knows, we don't censor published and confirmed news here.  Inflammatory or damaging information in blogs, gossip, negative external speculation, etc - that's different.  We will print the good and the bad; but not necessarily the ugly.

Bo's information is public; so was Scott's.  Unless you are a minor, legal charges are generally public information.  The Smoking Gun has probably had this information for a while actually.  Why they chose to release it now is very interesting to me; more interesting in fact that the news itself.  

Is there an agenda?  Maybe, maybe not.  However, Bo did what he did and Scott did what he did.  So did Trenyce, Corey Clark and Frenchie. And whomever else from the show whose human error was extreme enough to warrant an arrrest and/or a conviction.

Some people will judge him, if they are the type.  Many people however, will find it admirable that he faced his mistake, paid his dues, turned to the church and made peace with himself.  Should he be the "Idol?"  That's up to the voters to decide.  Or so they say.
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 07:02:43 PM »

MAYBE IT IS ME, BUT I KIND OF BASE MY OPINIONS ON VIBES THAT I GET FROM PEOPLE.  JILL IS BETTER AT EXPLAINING THAT THAN I AM.  BUT, I DON'T GET NEGATIVE VIBES FROM BO.  I AM NOT NUTS FOR HIM.  I AM NOT CRAZY FOR ANYONE LEFT ON THE SHOW.  BUT, I DON'T GET NEGATIVITY FROM BO.  I DON'T GET SOUR GRAPES FROM BO.  HE DID DRUGS.  I DON'T CONDONE THAT.  I  NEVER DID.  BUT HE DID COME CLEAN ABOUT IT.  I AGREE THAT SCOTT DID ALSO.  BUT SCOTT DOES GIVE OFF NEGATIVITY.  IT IS ALL OVER HIM.  ANGER AND NEGATIVITY.  THAT IS WHAT BOTHERS ME.  NOT WHAT I READ.  BUT WHAT I FEEL.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 07:43:08 PM »

Gwenn:  what a great way to put all that in perspective.  I agree with you wholeheartedly!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
claydevotee
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 07:54:41 PM »

MAYBE IT IS ME, BUT I KIND OF BASE MY OPINIONS ON VIBES THAT I GET FROM PEOPLE.

GWENN, I am very much an intuitive person, as well.  My late father was very much like that---I guess I inherited that from him.  Unfortunately we are often misunderstood, but that's life.   But that same "power of discernment" has saved me from making some very bad decisions in my life and in the lives of my loved ones...So,  IMO basing one's opinions on "vibes" is legitimate.

I, too, get very bad vibes from Scott.  And even though to some Constantine seemed to be "smarmy" and a little too "outthere" (sorry, Amy) with his sexuality, I have consistently  sensed an innate goodness and decency during his performances.  And I'm sure going to miss him next week on AI!!!
claydevotee
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 08:19:31 PM »

THANK YOU, CLANDY, FOR MY NEW AVIE!!!!!  Huggles  

I've named it "The Bandah Aceh Bootie Boogie"!!!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 09:13:11 PM »

DEV- I LOVE IT AND THE NAME YOU GAVE IT  

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 02:30:25 AM »

Should he be the "Idol?" That's up to the voters to decide. Or so they say.
  Laugh Pamela, dang I can always count on you to make me laugh!!! A great way to start the day, thank you....

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 03:55:44 AM »

TO ME, SCOTT JUST STANDS AND SINGS. HIS FACIAL EXPRESSIONS RARELY CHANGE, BOTH WHEN HE IS PERFORMING, AND WHEN HE IS NOT SPEAKING. AND TO ME, ALSO, I DETECT A LITTLE HOSTILITY WHEN THE JUDGES GIVE HIM A BAD REVIEW. HE HAS EVEN RESPONDED TO THAT IN A NEGATIVE WAY

Marilyn ,well put.

Both my husband and I observed this lack of expression and inner tension in Scott.
I know he must have a fan base and maybe he will be the next Idol. But if he doesn't go next week I am done.

DEV I 'm liking the name and the action in your new AVIE

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
claydevotee
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2005, 04:13:39 AM »

But if he doesn't go next week I am done.

STARGAZER, that about sums it up for me, as well.  Although I may still continue to tune in just to watch Bo perform.....If not Constantine, then Bo!!!!!!

And thanks for the avie compliments, Marilynn and Stargazer.  It makes me so happy just to watch him entertaining those little children.  And I just noticed that he also has some nice back muscles in motion.  Yes, our man has definitely been spending more than a little time in the gym!
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2005, 06:07:26 AM »

THEA.....JUST NOTICED YOUR NEW AVIE!  LOVE IT!!  GREAT CHOICE!

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
cjrmax
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2005, 06:40:48 AM »

Whether or not we should consider their pasts, this information is EVERYWHERE. I just saw the Bo report on ET. To me, to ignore some things is avoiding reality. It would be unrealistic to only bring positive news to the board, and it may bias us in the opposite direction! I personally like to know what is going on and then I can form my own opinion from there. ALL reviews and mentions of Clay are posted - should we just pick the really good things ?

Colleen, I agree with everything you said.  Like Marilyn, I had just typed a LONG response (I know - its hard to believe I wrote something long!!   ), to what Glen posted and then the thread was locked, and so was my post was lost!  However it essentially said in many  paragraphs what you said so succinctly.

IMO, we should only post good things. Then I could always have a smile on and I wouldn't be in the rant thread.

Glen, with all due respect, that is just keeping your head in the sand.  We live in the real world and in the real world you have to deal with the negative as well as the positive.  That way you can form informed opinions and make informed judgements.  Whether or not the information posted changes your opinion about someone is up to ech individual person.  For me, the revelations about Scott didn't change my opinion of him.  I already disliked him!  Like Gwenn said - its just a vibe.  I do, however, leave open the possibility that he has changed his ways and is really a nice guy.  I don't believe that is true, but it is possible.  The information about Bo didn't surprise me, not because of any vibe because of his being a "rocker" (I know - stereotypes!) and society in general.  Being the cynic that I am, I have doubts that he has totally changed his ways, but either way, it doesn't change my opinion of him.  I have no real feeling about him as a person one way or the other.  I just find his performances boring.

That said, I WANT to know these things.  I have no problem hearing about mistakes people have made or things that might indicate what kind of person they are - negative or positive.  I am also just innately curious. No one is perfect - not even Clay.  We can only make informed decisions when we know the facts - the good and the bad.  That goes for all aspects of life - not just American Idol.

I for one am glad such things are not censored from this board.  If they were we would all be living in la-la land, a bunch of uninformed Pollyannas.  That certainly wouldn't be for me - and I suspect there are a lot of others here who wouldn't like that kind of board.  Personally, I would like to thank Pamela for making sure this board is balanced and fair.  I just think it would be really, really boring here if it were all sunshine and lollipops!
claydevotee
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2005, 06:42:58 AM »

Quote from: lovinclay
THEA.....JUST NOTICED YOUR NEW AVIE!  LOVE IT!!  GREAT CHOICE!

Thanks, Micki!!!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2005, 06:45:52 AM »

Quote from: Her
Should he be the "Idol?" That's up to the voters to decide. Or so they say.
  Laugh Pamela, dang I can always count on you to make me laugh!!! A great way to start the day, thank you....

Aww thank you Jayne!  I often fail, but at least I try!  My sense of humor has gotten me into trouble many times. Just yesterday at work for example...Roll eyes  

Which leads me to a mini-rant.  So many people just have no sense of humor, you know?  I'm not talking about you guys, but mostly real life people. I like to joke around and people often think I'm being serious.

Example - NC is in the process of legislating a state lottery to benefit education.  We were discussing it at work yesterday and I said "I think the state should be able to arrest people for gambling yet be able to have state sponsored gambling as well."  Everybody cracked up because it was obviously a sarcastic statement, right?    

Everybody but one lady who said I was just a big hypocrite.

:duh

And, I'm not even against the lottery either.  I know humor is subjective, but some people are serious all the time.  I'm not one to dismiss other people's feelings, but sometimes I just want to say "lighten up!"

Laughing is the only ab exercise some of us get at all, you know?
claydevotee
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2005, 06:51:09 AM »

for one am glad such things are not censored from this board. If they were we would all be living in la-la land, a bunch of uninformed Pollyannas. That certainly wouldn't be for me - and I suspect there are a lot of others here who wouldn't like that kind of board. Personally, I would like to thank Pamela for making sure this board is balanced and fair. I just think it would be really, really boring here if it were all sunshine and lollipops!

Not Worthy Christie, wow!!!!  You do realize you have just validated the First Amendment and explained it in a way we can all relate to!!!!  And I am glad you have differentiated the different types of Pollyannas:  uninformed vs. informed--as a self-professed Pollyanna, I prefer to consider myself the latter!!!  If I ever step into the land of being uninformed, please give me a reality check.  I trust you!!!!:notworthy
cjrmax
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2005, 06:59:59 AM »

Not Worthy  Christie, wow!!!! You do realize you have just validated the First Amendment and explained it in a way we can all relate to!!!! And I am glad you have differentiated the different types of Pollyannas: uninformed vs. informed --as a self-professed Pollyanna, I prefer to consider myself the latter!!! If I ever step into the land of being uninformed, please give me a reality check. I trust you!!!!  Not Worthy

Thank you Thea!  What a nice thing to say!  Hug

And trust me, I will most definitely tell you if you ever need a reality check!  
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 85 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx