gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:27:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 433
Total: 433

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My review of Clay's Concert in Los Angeles for Billboard.com  (Read 6819 times)
DaveChung
« on: August 05, 2007, 06:23:47 PM »

Hi Claymaniacs!

Thanks for all your help in preparing me for my first Clay Aiken concert this week   Smile I had a great time at the show!

I am a writer for Billboard.com and I'm currently in a blogging competition covering concerts all summer long for Billboard. I'd love it if you guys could check out my review and leave a comment on the Billboard page (one of the ways the competition is being judged) to let me know you've stopped in! It's such a great community here on Claymaniacs and I'd really appreciate all your guys' support! I hope it'll be some great exposure for Clay and I think it's a fun read as well.

http://billboard.blogs.com/mobile_beat/2007/08/clay-aiken-the-.html#more

I've covered a bunch of other shows this summer, which can be found here http://billboard.blogs.com/mobile_beat/post_DC.html as well. Thanks so much Claymaniacs and see you at the next show!

Sincerely,
Dave Chung

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 02:13:04 AM »

I copied this over  from the comments section of Ben Wener's highly biased, unfavorable review of Clay at the Greek.  Is the joke on us? ... someone assume the name: Dave Chung for their comments ...or?

Ben, Your review is on the money. My blog was not a review but I have to admit that I love my Idol's, Katherine, Carrie, and Clay so I do go on about them. I wanted the Clay fans to be happy with me. You're the man! Kisses! I'm out.

Dave Chung - Aug 05, 2007 08:28:02 PM

I am a kidder but that seems to have been lost on the Claymates who thought it was a Billboard review. Jokes on them it seems.

Dave Chung - Aug 05, 2007 08:32:29 PM

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 05:07:12 AM »

Anyone can sign in and say their name is Dave Chung on Ben's review. I'm sure that wasn't him. Right?

Those comments are not on that review anymore.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 06:12:18 AM »

Claymaniacs who had seen him numerous times in concert, like Wisconsin-native and Claymaniac Sarah Logghe, who is traveling and attending Aiken concerts throughout the summer, were in attendance tonight

Lookee, lookee - our own sjlogge had a mention & a picture with the writer to boot!
DaveChung
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 07:30:27 AM »

Hey guys,

I actually had no idea that someone was posting as me (it's true, anyone can post under another name under the comments sections). It looks like some of my competitors are starting to play some really dirty tricks to get ahead (among others, which is kind of disgusting to me). I assure you guys that those posts were not by me and thank you guys so much for your support!
stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 07:55:50 AM »

Thanks Dave for the review and returning to clarify the junk on the other site.

I was at the concert and I enjoyed it all. Snarky clay, funny Clay, gracious Clay, thankful Clay, kind Clay, and talented singer and performer Clay. I'm Glad you enjoyed him and understand him. It's wonderful when someone outside his fan base recognize the truth. 

You have made the fans happy.

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 09:33:13 AM »

Hello Dave,

At the risk of over simplification, it gets 'interesting' out there...thanks for your response.  I appreciated your review.

DaveChung
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 12:01:55 PM »

Hello Dave,

At the risk of over simplification, it gets 'interesting' out there...thanks for your response.  I appreciated your review.

Thanks guys. I consider myself to be a very genuine person and it really hurts me that someone would even do that. Please know that I meant every word of my review and that I'm not one to change my mind on my opinions, despite what anyone might say. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I appreciate you guys standing up for me!  Smile
franniek54
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 03:20:51 PM »

Welcome to our world Dave.

We're used to it.  The people who DON'T like Clay seem to spend way more time and energy on it than the fans!  Kinda pitiful.

Maybe in about a week, when you see what reactions your review has gotten you, you can write a review on THAT!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 09:33:25 PM »

Don't worry about it Dave. 

Like I told you before, even a negative review is accepted and understandable if it's written in a respectful way, so there was no reason for you to snuggle up to the fans for the purpose of pulling one over on us.   And, you don't seem like a dumb enough guy to actual 'fess up in public either.  Wink

Some people just got nothing else to do, and a very small mind (among other things) to do it with.

Your review was very entertaining, and after reading more of your blog, may I just say WOW! you've been to and reviewed some really great shows!

Tough job, but somebody's gotta do it, eh?  bigsmile
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 11:18:25 PM »

Slightly OT...however, as a matter of curiosity, I tried to find out this OC Register's music critic's credentials without success...so I sent an email to the OC Register itself and asked them directly.  If I receive a response, I'll share it on this board.  [I've searched out a few music critics since joining the Clay fandom, and it has been illuminating...I've learned that these pop critics have not actually been formally schooled in journalism or music...they seem to find themselves these positions as a consequence of the gift of gab...and hanging with regional bands.]

even a negative review is accepted and understandable if it's written in a respectful way

Absolutely, Pamela  wave .

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 11:24:54 PM »

Hello Dave,

Thanks guys. I consider myself to be a very genuine person and it really hurts me that someone would even do that. Please know that I meant every word of my review and that I'm not one to change my mind on my opinions, despite what anyone might say. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I appreciate you guys standing up for me!  Smile

Welcome to Claymaniacs, Davewave  It is a pleasure making your acquaintance...your writing style is thoroughly entertaining!  Clapping  Good to have you in our midst.

ClayHeart
Claymaniac

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 01:23:24 PM »

Dear Dave,

Thank you for your review.  It's good to read about the reactions from a person who had not been a big fan before, but came away from the Clay concert experience with some positive feelings.  You at least can understand why Clay has so many faithful and devoted fans.  You seemed like you considered yourself well entertained, and what more could you ask for? 

Thanks again.

Debbie
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 03:21:28 PM »

DAVE---IF IT IS YOU, THEN YOU WROTE A WONDERFUL REVIEW.  I READ IT AND APPRECIATED ALL YOU WROTE AS IT WAS REAL AND TRUE.  IT SOUNDED LIKE YOU ACTUALLY WERE THERE AND SAW WHAT I SAW. 

GWENN

PS--I FEEL SO SORRY FOR BEN'S MOM.  SHE IS A SWEETHEAT.

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 09:30:51 PM »

I know GWENN- oh, welcome back too!

The OC writer is either projecting his dislike of Clay onto his own mother, or vice versa.  I'm sure it's a subconscious reaction though.

What would Dr Phil say?  "How's that workin for you buddy?"  or something like that? 

His mama should put his butt in time out, and make him listen to "Invisible" on a loop for eight hours.  bigsmile
Claygirl
SuperFan

Always have faith, and there will be a way.

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 08:27:06 PM »

Dave- Thank you for such a well written, and wonderful, concert review! I enjoyed every bit of it! ~Kelly~

Angel Baby Dust ~Kelly~ Baby Dust
Love! I love Clay Aiken! Music heartbeat claymaniacs rocks
Hearing Clay's voice, quiets the ones in my head. Wink
(Clay's biggest fan and David Cook "Word Nerd" #2894!) :heartburst
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx